Thread: Spyder home

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder home

Finally got my new spyder home. Won't be hijacking Falcons thread anymore. Took Thursday off work just to get it as weekend appointments were booked way out already. Kind of a rush driving for the first time, no practice just hit the roads and had green lights all the way to the divided four lane which was about 20 miles from home. I'll admit had almost in the pants moment when at 60 miles an hour the first s curves it turned and then it didn't as my tire went over the paint on the shoulder. Steep learning curve for me on turning this thing. Got home, rode some more. Got off work early and rode some more Friday. I have found myself driving way over the speed I should be and that is creating some of the turning issues I have. Getting used to it now after Saturday riding. I have put about 225 miles on it now.
    Oh just for a fun note, went to a spring sale for gear. Wife got a Shuberth helmet and apparently I get my choice between an ace bandage or a burger king paper crown.
    spyder.jpgspyder2.jpg

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder

Nice choice on the Spyder. Enjoy your Time and Always RYDE SAFE....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

you are funny and thanks for the pics
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Sounds like you had a fun time getting home and getting the hang of the spyder ryde....nice choice... most start slow and work their way up on the speed chart but looks like your going for it. Enjoy the miles of smiles and be safe out there....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

No problem with hijacking my newbie thread. I never felt that way about it. And now you can come out of that fetal position holed up in your bedroom waiting for all that snow to melt. Have Fun and Ride Safe!

PS - I hope you chose the Burger King Paper Crown. They're a lot cooler looking than the Ace Bandage.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear ya got it home in one piece!! Bring it "down the hill" this week and we'll check out those couple things you emailed me about. Maybe we'll swap and compare setups. Then we can talk farkles........LOL...
    Rick
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
    Wife got a Shuberth helmet and apparently I get my choice between an ace bandage or a burger king paper crown.
    spyder.jpgspyder2.jpg
    Opt for the Burger King paper crown. At least you can grab a Whooper while you're there.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Good ride

Well Wednesday was to be the first day in the 60's here. Somehow my wife and I found ourselves on the spyder at 3:30. We were able to ride for two hours and put 60 plus miles on. You might say that is not a lot of miles but we rode 90% backroads with no paint stripes on. Many of which I have never been on despite being so close to home. Still a lot of sand from winter traction as it hasn't rained much here yet. We did see this eagle by the Blue Mounds state park. He got a bit nervous when we stopped so he isn't sitting upright and all majestic like we found him. Have to work Saturday and traveling next week so the spyder will just get her first bath this weekend.

eagle.jpg

Spyder Garage

Keep riding. You'll love it when you get accustomed to it. Took me about 1,000 miles to become relaxed. Just keep riding

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder and to the spyder web. Dale