Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I just had my rear airbag replaced as a warranty item. It still leaks but slower than it did.....

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post
    The Limited (F3-L) has an automatic rear air bag system. The F3-T air bag is a manual system thus the need for the schrader valve.
    That is inaccurate on the 2016 F3L. That year it was manual.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Many of you with this model with air suspension may not be aware that riding solo or two up that this suspension leaks down about every 10-14 days. Thus unless you are really anal about your suspension, you are riding around just on the spring itself.

This suspension should have on average at least 40 psi depending on solo or two up...
    Check yours now, and see what you have??

What do do? If by chance you are one of the astute riders that already have a FOBO Trike set up on your bike you are half way there. Simply add a screw on T-valve to the air fill located under the passenger seat...some of you may not even know that there is one?😳
    Picture attached to know what this setup looks like. Also for those of you already using FOBO Trike and maybe pulling a trailer behind you, you can get a FOBO Bike set to add 2 sensors to the trailer wheels and now you got that set of tires being monitored on your smart device.
    Where do you get this item? Ask Jacob at Lamonster Garage to get it for you...
    Buckskin
    Where do you get those T valve stems?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I'm curious. What did it take to get the dealer to acknowledge the bag was a leaker? Did they even check the fittings at each end of the bag? I seems maybe the fittings were/are the culprit as to the loss of air? So when you approach the dealer about the possibility of the air bag being a leaker, how did they ascertain that it was indeed a leaker and then they ordered the bag and called you when it came in? I would sure suggest when they installed it, they really seal up those fittings at that time. Put it under water before installing it.
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by CapnPete View Post
    I just had my rear airbag replaced as a warranty item. It still leaks but slower than it did.....
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I'm curious. What did it take to get the dealer to acknowledge the bag was a leaker? Did they even check the fittings at each end of the bag? I seems maybe the fittings were/are the culprit as to the loss of air? So when you approach the dealer about the possibility of the air bag being a leaker, how did they ascertain that it was indeed a leaker and then they ordered the bag and called you when it came in? I would sure suggest when they installed it, they really seal up those fittings at that time. Put it under water before installing it.
    Buckskin
    I called for an appointment, telling them it leaked. They apparently removed the rear tire and checked it out (I think), then called me and said they ordered a new assembly. No hassle, under warranty, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I doubt they attempted to check it prior to instal.....