Thread: Hindle

Spyder Garage

Default Hindle

Was just wondering. Besides weight and sound, is there any power benefit over the stock muffler? My 2008 gs came with one as a spare part when I got it. Again thank you all .

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..

I had a Hindle and loved it till I could no longer hold it together. It had a great sound but of course much louder that your stock pipe. Now the sound and your mind help make it feel faster and stronger but for the most part it does help and on mine I made other changes as well for more performance. If you have it put it on as it is a simple process and you will have fun with it and if not switch it back. Just to be fair I would ryde between 6 and 8,000 rpms and this will rattle pipes quite a bit. Rivets had to be changed to keep it together and I have a repair process in my albums but even that did not last. If you are a passive ryder it will be a great exhaust for you.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbreeze View Post
    Was just wondering. Besides weight and sound, is there any power benefit over the stock muffler? My 2008 gs came with one as a spare part when I got it. Again thank you all .
    Back in the day- there were all sorts of power adders that could improve performance ….. Today however vehicle computers can / will adjust to whatever you add / change, and make adjustments to cancel what you added.... So imho you will get a SOUND change ( maybe weight also ) and nothing else. If there are actual DYNO tests proving otherwise I will stand corrected...… good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you.

Spyder Garage

The aftermarket filter and exhaust did a lot for these, many of the original stock exhausts and the Hindles had a short life(burn thru and popped rivets). I think it was 09 when they lowered the horse power on Spyders and had a software change to do the same on the '08s. I would still use the Hindle since you have it, but an HMF would be my next choice when/if the Hindle dies.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you