Thread: 20.8 Software

Spyder Garage

Default 20.8 Software

Has the 20.8 software become more readily available? Has anyone figured out what the changes are?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi, I just came back from my dealer and first saw I do not see much. the problem of displaying the fobo application for TPMS is still present. tomorrow morning I'm going through all the functions and if I see something interesting, I'll come back to you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Has the 20.8 software become more readily available? Has anyone figured out what the changes are?
    Took my 2018 RTL for the 3K service a couple weeks ago and requested they do the software update. They flashed it several times and could not get it to update. Finally they called BRP and were advised to try it again using the BRP USB cable that was supplied to all dealers. That worked. I just haven't had the time to check out the changes.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Summary version 20.8

hello, as promised I went around all the function of the dashboard and here is a summary. first I find that the resolution of the display has been changing upward. the navigation functions between the different applications are now much more fluid and respond as they should. the Genuis Map app seems to have slightly change in the visibility of the information display. as you can see in the photos now, the number of Km remaining is display (beautiful feature). as I said yesterday, for the moment the only thing I can see from my garage is the problem of fobo display (which is probably a problem of the application and not of BRP). for the rest the real test will do this on the road to my next ride. Because here this morning we received some cm of Snow.

Spyder Garage

All dealers get the update at the same time. There is no such thing as one dealer has the update and another does not.

If your dealer has trouble flashing the dash and they have never done one before. Ask them if they have hooked up both cables.

On March 18th my aftermarket supplier for BUDS released an update and the dash update is in it. I will be doing mine when I take it out of winter storage. Maybe next week.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMicke View Post
    hello, as promised I went around all the function of the dashboard and here is a summary. first I find that the resolution of the display has been changing upward. the navigation functions between the different applications are now much more fluid and respond as they should. the Genuis Map app seems to have slightly change in the visibility of the information display. as you can see in the photos now, the number of Km remaining is display (beautiful feature). as I said yesterday, for the moment the only thing I can see from my garage is the problem of fobo display (which is probably a problem of the application and not of BRP). for the rest the real test will do this on the road to my next ride. Because here this morning we received some cm of Snow.
    If they added fobo to the dash. How can it work without sensors in the wheels.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    If they added fobo to the dash. How can it work without sensors in the wheels.
    It doesn't. You still need a kit.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Some differences with the new Ver 020.80 is that it is a digital cluster update, on the left side of the cluster it now shows miles to go before running out of gas, you can now bluetooth your FM radio and other stuff (ie MP3 Player etc ) to your helmet.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer