Thread: Sena 20s

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20s

I have read a few post on here about replacing the battery on the Sena 20s.
    How many years does the original batter last?
    I am on my 5th riding season with mine and was wondering if it is getting about time to change them.

How many years of service have you received from yours?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I don't know about the 20S but for my SMH10 I always run it until it turns off automatically because of low battery and it's on its 5th year now. On tour it runs all day (usually 8+ hr) and I recharge at night.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That is super !!! average is 3 or 4 years

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like I should be looking for replacment batteries. I remember a post about replacing them but couldn't find the one with the replacment battery part number or where to get them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Sounds like I should be looking for replacment batteries. I remember a post about replacing them but couldn't find the one with the replacment battery part number or where to get them.
    Take a look in the "How To" section on this forum. There is a You Tube video but for the life of me I can't remember just how I came across it, though I suspect there was a link in the How To post about 20S batteries. Otherwise, I imagine if you searched on you Tube for Sena 20S battery replacement you will find it. It's something like 7 or 8 minutes long and really rather good. I searched and searched before I managed to find the battery mentioned in the video. I took a screen shot of the battery in the video so obtain all the particulars, but couldn't locate that specific battery anywhere!

I eventually found this - "Bihuade 3.7V 800MAH 652540 Lithium Polymer Battery for DIY MP3, MP4, MP5 and GPS" It's identical to the one in the video, including the measurements which is rather critical. I also can't remember the web site I ordered it from but a search for Bihuade 3.7V 800 MAH 652540 should provide results. It may be of little help but the return address on the box is - David Su, Sino-US, 12833 Chadron Ave, Hawthorn, CA 90250.

Hope this helps.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Can't speak to the 20s but we bought a set of 10s in 2012 and they are now just getting to where they won't go a full day. We can get about 6 hours before the sound of death. They still charge up overnight.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get ahold of Finless. If you supply the parts and pay postage, I believe he'll replace the battery for free. If it were me I'd tip him with a $20 or more.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

yes he will