Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Monster Fuel Injection Stage 2 Flash - F3T 2016

Hi,

Reading all post about Monster Flash, I'm really thinking about getting it done.

For Stage 2, it seems like the sound might be a little different.

Actually, everything is stock on my F3T (motor, spark plug, air filter, exhaust, ...). And besides the small modification that Monster will do to the Air Filter Box, I'm planning to keep it that way.

Can someone who has it done can tell me if the result sounds will be that different ? will it be louder ?

My wife, which rides 90% of the time with me, just cannot stand any "loud noise" coming from any bikes. So, I'd like to know in advance what I might end up with.

Thanks !
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Hi,

If you are going to have both the catalyst and stock muffler still on the bike you should probably just get stage 1. It makes the best of the stock bike.

When you add even more fuel, ignition and also air to the engine it will need to breathe easier to get some, or at least full, benefit from the stage 2.
    2016 F3-S Special Series , Matte Black

Spyder Garage

I would get stage 1 & a cat delete with a baffle. I just ordered a longer version of the can opener baffle to put in mine. Should quiet it down some more & regain some low end that was lost.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

RLS Exhaust has the Quietest cat delete on the market with my 2 stage baffle and exhaust packing .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS Exhaust View Post
    RLS Exhaust has the Quietest cat delete on the market with my 2 stage baffle and exhaust packing .
    Any low end hesitation with your cat delete ?
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    Any low end hesitation with your cat delete ?
    I have one of the RLS 2 stage cat delete with TWO baffles. very little to no hesitation..race proven!!!!
    I also have a stage II tune. Its great...do you have a Stage I or II Tune on yours?...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I have one of the RLS 2 stage cat delete with TWO baffles. very little to no hesitation..race proven!!!!
    I also have a stage II tune. Its great...do you have a Stage I or II Tune on yours?...
    I just have akrapovic exhaust with no ecu flash and original cat. Thinking of going with RLS cat delete and stage 1 flash and than compare stock exhaust with akrapovic.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

The holes in the air box lid for stage 2 make a noticeable intake sound at certain rpms. Since the top of the filter lid and the holes point up toward me, it's kind of like a honk in my face.
    It has taken about 250 miles for me to get all the mapping changes working. It's not just the ECU receiving information and adjusting, I have to adjust my driving and shifting style.
    Stage 1 has about the same hp and torque as stage 2 until about 6,500 then the dyno graphs start to separate. You have to be a seasoned rider to really feel the difference.
    So, Stage 1 will put a smile on your face just fine with only a slight change in sound.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    The holes in the air box lid for stage 2 make a noticeable intake sound at certain rpms. Since the top of the filter lid and the holes point up toward me, it's kind of like a honk in my face.
    It has taken about 250 miles for me to get all the mapping changes working. It's not just the ECU receiving information and adjusting, I have to adjust my driving and shifting style.
    Stage 1 has about the same hp and torque as stage 2 until about 6,500 then the dyno graphs start to separate. You have to be a seasoned rider to really feel the difference.
    So, Stage 1 will put a smile on your face just fine with only a slight change in sound.
    Dennis
    Hi Dennis,

I just received back my ECU from Monster (not even put it back on the Spyder yet) and was surprised about the dimension of the holes in the air box lid. Just never realize how 2 holes of 35mm might be big

On your experience, is there any precaution to take regarding dust or water that might comes in ?

I know that I should be careful when washing it but I guess that riding in rain should not be a problem ?

Thanks
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

looks like to me if you get water in there you tried really hard dust no problem the hoes outside of filter

Spyder Garage

Default Monster Fuel Injection - another happy customer :)

Results !!!

I finally sent my ECU to Monster Fuel Injection for a stage 2 tune.

I reinstalled my ECU and Air filter lid yesterday and took a small test drive with it. Only about 40km.

As everyone says, it's really a good difference. No more hesitation when twisting the handle and just a good acceleration feeling.

you can fell that the torq is now all along the revolution and not just in high rev like before.

And regarding my concern about more noise coming from the air box holes, I can say that if there's a difference, I can barely hear it.

So far, I'm very happy that I finally got it done !
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They have my wifes for her rt Getting stage one Also sent mine back up to get stage two for my f3

Spyder Garage

I have a stage II...I will be the first to say pay the money and go that route...the stage I gives you good top end...but..the stage II..also gives you better low end torque..more bottom end power...thats the main area where the Spyder is lacking ...the stage II resolves that ...I do agree with you on keeping the exhaust stock...the Remap will give you more air and fuel which will make it slightly louder because it's no longer running lean...it will run the way it's supposed to from the factory...I also drag race tested both the stage I and stage II..so I know the bottom end is better on stage II..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I have a stage II...I will be the first to say pay the money and go that route...the stage I gives you good top end...but..the stage II..also gives you better low end torque..more bottom end power...thats the main area where the Spyder is lacking ...the stage II resolves that ...I do agree with you on keeping the exhaust stock...the Remap will give you more air and fuel which will make it slightly louder because it's no longer running lean...it will run the way it's supposed to from the factory...I also drag race tested both the stage I and stage II..so I know the bottom end is better on stage II..
    I'm going to the 1/4 mi dragstrip on May 10th with Columbus Racing who leased the track for the day. What was your best ET & mph in the 1/4 mi ???
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

I have to disagree with gunner. If you are doing any flash I would remove the cat. That thing is so restrictive, plus now with the more fuel (so to speak) going to it, it’s going to get hotter.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    I have to disagree with gunner. If you are doing any flash I would remove the cat. That thing is so restrictive, plus now with the more fuel (so to speak) going to it, it’s going to get hotter.
    Its going to run better...not hotter...as long as you change your oil every 5000 miles (that's very important)...he won't have any problems with a stock cat...and it's obvious he's not going to race it...so he can easily run a stock cat without any problems.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Hi,

Reading all post about Monster Flash, I'm really thinking about getting it done.

For Stage 2, it seems like the sound might be a little different.

Actually, everything is stock on my F3T (motor, spark plug, air filter, exhaust, ...). And besides the small modification that Monster will do to the Air Filter Box, I'm planning to keep it that way.

Can someone who has it done can tell me if the result sounds will be that different ? will it be louder ?

My wife, which rides 90% of the time with me, just cannot stand any "loud noise" coming from any bikes. So, I'd like to know in advance what I might end up with.

Thanks !
    I had the Stage 1 ECU upgrade & now Monster Fuel Injection did Stage 2 over the Winter. I can't hear any difference between Stage 1 or stage 2 or stock.. The CAT delete pipe will make it obnoxiously Loud--I even tried it with 2 Baffles which gave it a very weird sound. I'm going to put up with the extra CAT weight as I removed the CAT delete , installed the CAT & it's much better sound wise. To each his own, my neighbor is a lot happier with the CAT installed :-)
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I had the Stage 1 ECU upgrade & now Monster Fuel Injection did Stage 2 over the Winter. I can't hear any difference between Stage 1 or stage 2 or stock.. The CAT delete pipe will make it obnoxiously Loud--I even tried it with 2 Baffles which gave it a very weird sound. I'm going to put up with the extra CAT weight as I removed the CAT delete , installed the CAT & it's much better sound wise. To each his own, my neighbor is a lot happier with the CAT installed :-)
    Darrell
    I’m the same as you regarding noise level increase, Darrell. I noticed no difference between stock and stage 2 of Jase’s tune. He also told me I needed to make no changes to the stock F3 setup, unless I’m looking for extra “mousepower”. For what I was looking to achieve re torque and responsiveness, it has exceeded expectations.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I’m the same as you regarding noise level increase, Darrell. I noticed no difference between stock and stage 2 of Jase’s tune. He also told me I needed to make no changes to the stock F3 setup, unless I’m looking for extra “mousepower”. For what I was looking to achieve re torque and responsiveness, it has exceeded expectations.

Pete
    Exactly Pete, The mousepower with Cat delete would be on the very top end of rpm & mph--kph to you Pete :-) . With the Cat delete I lost considerable off the line torque--the rear wheel never even spun, the added baffles I used were inadequate to provide the back pressure the engine needed at low rpm.
    Darrell

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exactly Pete, The mousepower with Cat delete would be on the very top end of rpm & mph--kph to you Pete :-) . With the Cat delete I lost considerable off the line torque--the rear wheel never even spun, the added baffles I used were inadequate to provide the back pressure the engine needed at low rpm.
    Darrell
    JMHO , but I think at the Drag track …. top end would be an advantage …………… Controlling the Spyder off the line is critical ( of course the timing lights are most important ) …...………… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    JMHO , but I think at the Drag track …. top end would be an advantage …………… Controlling the Spyder off the line is critical ( of course the timing lights are most important ) …...………… Mike
    They spray the track's 1st 100-200 ft thus I don't think I should be having a wheel spin problem issue. As for ET--1/4 of my timing slips have R/L written on them . I'm racing myself to see what the F3's will do, I imagine most of the runs I'll be looking at tail lights in the other lane Out of 50 vehicles allowed I'll be the only Spyder. Columbus Racing has the track leased for the entire day so getting runs in shouldn't be a problem If I feel in a competitive mood I may remove the 28" F4 windshield & saddle bags but generally I just want to see how it does in normal street dressing.
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

Wildrice I too have the stage 2 remap with RLS Cat Delete with two additional baffles on a F3-S Daytona. This thing pulls like a rocket. However off the line absolutely NO tire spin. I had considered putting my Cat back on. Just to see if it is a back pressure issue.
    2017 Daytona F3-S SE6 , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Interested in how yours performs with the stock cat back on. I have a Daytona also with just the Akrapovic Sinister pipe. Am I running lean with no tune?No bark off the line but it picks up fast. I was expecting more off the line snap. Are you saying the stage 2 didnt help or could it be the baffles you're running? I'm considering the stage 2 and RLS cat delete.

Spyder Garage

I had the Stage 1 ECU upgrade & now Monster Fuel Injection did Stage 2 over the Winter. I can't hear any difference between Stage 1 or stage 2 or stock..
    I just got mine back from upgrading from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and I emphasize Upgrade!
    Though I was somewhat happy with the Stage 1, I did find that my Spyder (2014 RT-Ltd) ran rough & jerky on take off when it was cold.
    I couldn't wipe the smile off my face after taking it for a rip after installing the ECU with the Stage 2 flash.
    The Spyder runs sooo smooth and the throttle response just couldn't be better!!!
    Some have mentioned that the addition of the 2 air holes added to the airbox lid was noisy, to be honest I never noticed any increase in volume. The test ride was with stock cat & muffle. (Cat Delete pipe is on the work bench ready to install)
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    I just got mine back from upgrading from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and I emphasize Upgrade!
    Though I was somewhat happy with the Stage 1, I did find that my Spyder (2014 RT-Ltd) ran rough & jerky on take off when it was cold.
    I couldn't wipe the smile off my face after taking it for a rip after installing the ECU with the Stage 2 flash.
    The Spyder runs sooo smooth and the throttle response just couldn't be better!!!
    Some have mentioned that the addition of the 2 air holes added to the airbox lid was noisy, to be honest I never noticed any increase in volume. The test ride was with stock cat & muffle. (Cat Delete pipe is on the work bench ready to install)
    Got any pics od the air box lid with the holes in it? Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO