Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I only have stage 1, cat delete with can opener baffle & stock muffler. The very bottom end (taking off) lags for about 1 second (maybe less, haven’t timed it) then it comes alive & boils the tire off. Without the baffle & straight shot muffler the delay was much greater & more noticeable. That was both tested from dead stopped to WOT. Just my experience.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    The holes in the air box lid for stage 2 make a noticeable intake sound at certain rpms. Since the top of the filter lid and the holes point up toward me, it's kind of like a honk in my face.
    It has taken about 250 miles for me to get all the mapping changes working. It's not just the ECU receiving information and adjusting, I have to adjust my driving and shifting style.
    Stage 1 has about the same hp and torque as stage 2 until about 6,500 then the dyno graphs start to separate. You have to be a seasoned rider to really feel the difference.
    So, Stage 1 will put a smile on your face just fine with only a slight change in sound.
    Dennis
    Hi Dennis,

I just received back my ECU from Monster (not even put it back on the Spyder yet) and was surprised about the dimension of the holes in the air box lid. Just never realize how 2 holes of 35mm might be big

On your experience, is there any precaution to take regarding dust or water that might comes in ?

I know that I should be careful when washing it but I guess that riding in rain should not be a problem ?

Thanks
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

looks like to me if you get water in there you tried really hard dust no problem the hoes outside of filter

Spyder Garage

Default Monster Fuel Injection - another happy customer :)

Results !!!

I finally sent my ECU to Monster Fuel Injection for a stage 2 tune.

I reinstalled my ECU and Air filter lid yesterday and took a small test drive with it. Only about 40km.

As everyone says, it's really a good difference. No more hesitation when twisting the handle and just a good acceleration feeling.

you can fell that the torq is now all along the revolution and not just in high rev like before.

And regarding my concern about more noise coming from the air box holes, I can say that if there's a difference, I can barely hear it.

So far, I'm very happy that I finally got it done !
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I had the Stage 1 ECU upgrade & now Monster Fuel Injection did Stage 2 over the Winter. I can't hear any difference between Stage 1 or stage 2 or stock..
    I just got mine back from upgrading from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and I emphasize Upgrade!
    Though I was somewhat happy with the Stage 1, I did find that my Spyder (2014 RT-Ltd) ran rough & jerky on take off when it was cold.
    I couldn't wipe the smile off my face after taking it for a rip after installing the ECU with the Stage 2 flash.
    The Spyder runs sooo smooth and the throttle response just couldn't be better!!!
    Some have mentioned that the addition of the 2 air holes added to the airbox lid was noisy, to be honest I never noticed any increase in volume. The test ride was with stock cat & muffle. (Cat Delete pipe is on the work bench ready to install)
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They have my wifes for her rt Getting stage one Also sent mine back up to get stage two for my f3

Spyder Garage

As I mentioned in my previous post I have the Monster stage 2 ECU flash and cat delete pipe without baffle on my Spyder and I am very very satisfied with the performance
    When I tried the same setup but WITH the baffle I didn't like it because it felt restricted/ suffocated, especially when giving full throttle at any rpm's.
    Today I decided I had to try the Monster stage 2 in combination with cat and stock muffler (= original stock factory setup) and I was truly surprised when I took the Spyder for a spin and realized it had just about the same performance but without the annoying and very loud exhaust note I had with the cat delete! 👍
    It really is a lot more enjoying to drive when not disturbing the neighbors or having to wear ear protection anymore. Especially since the performance is still very good '
    2016 F3-S Special Series , Matte Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mackanigbg View Post
    As I mentioned in my previous post I have the Monster stage 2 ECU flash and cat delete pipe without baffle on my Spyder and I am very very satisfied with the performance
    When I tried the same setup but WITH the baffle I didn't like it because it felt restricted/ suffocated, especially when giving full throttle at any rpm's.
    Today I decided I had to try the Monster stage 2 in combination with cat and stock muffler (= original stock factory setup) and I was truly surprised when I took the Spyder for a spin and realized it had just about the same performance but without the annoying and very loud exhaust note I had with the cat delete! ��
    It really is a lot more enjoying to drive when not disturbing the neighbors or having to wear ear protection anymore. Especially since the performance is still very good '
    That's why the stage II is a better all around choice...you get more low to mid range performance...also...you have a better selection of exhaust to choose from without a loss of performance.

Spyder Garage

RLS Exhaust has the Quietest cat delete on the market with my 2 stage baffle and exhaust packing .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS Exhaust View Post
    RLS Exhaust has the Quietest cat delete on the market with my 2 stage baffle and exhaust packing .
    Any low end hesitation with your cat delete ?
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    Any low end hesitation with your cat delete ?
    I have one of the RLS 2 stage cat delete with TWO baffles. very little to no hesitation..race proven!!!!
    I also have a stage II tune. Its great...do you have a Stage I or II Tune on yours?...

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Today I decided I had to try the Monster stage 2 in combination with cat and stock muffler (= original stock factory setup) and I was truly surprised when I took the Spyder for a spin and realized it had just about the same performance but without the annoying and very loud exhaust note I had with the cat delete! ��
    This is good to hear. I am looking to upgrade my F3T with more power. I want the most tq. and hp. that I can get without being too loud. Right now I am 100% stock, but I just need a good direction to go. Don't want anything too loud, but do want as much umph as possible.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I have one of the RLS 2 stage cat delete with TWO baffles. very little to no hesitation..race proven!!!!
    I also have a stage II tune. Its great...do you have a Stage I or II Tune on yours?...
    I just have akrapovic exhaust with no ecu flash and original cat. Thinking of going with RLS cat delete and stage 1 flash and than compare stock exhaust with akrapovic.
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

I just have akrapovic exhaust with no ecu flash and original cat. Thinking of going with RLS cat delete and stage 1 flash and than compare stock exhaust with akrapovic.
    Okay....strong bit of advice ...before you do anything pertaining to your exhaust, do your map first...then look into the exhaust.

Spyder Garage

Okay....strong bit of advice ...before you do anything pertaining to your exhaust, do your map first...then look into the exhaust.
    So you are saying ECU flash before cat delete / exhaust?
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

So you are saying ECU flash before cat delete / exhaust?
    Yes...do the ECU flash first.

Spyder Garage

I would do the cat delete & flash at the same time. Just my opinion (learned from experiences)
    It really is a sickness!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That sounds strange. So are you saying that if you do the ECU remap, the computer will pick up the exhaust changes and make the appropriate changes? I actually thought you would need to give your bike specs before getting the ECU tune. Inquiring minds want to know.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

You can do it either way..but ..I wouldn't do so due to the fact of your motor running too lean because you're getting more air and not fuel...because you changed your exhaust...I agree with js535..the best way is to do them both at the same time...but if you're on a budget..do the flash first. that way you're not running lean prior to installing the map...my mechanic gave me this advice...

Spyder Garage

I verified the same experience. I went back to all stock exhaust and was hard pressed to notice any power loss. Owning two ECUs, stage 1 and stage 2, I went back to stage 1 ECU flash, covered the holes in the filter cover that stage 2 required. I'm getting older, but I like the quiet exhaust of stock and have basically no power loss. There is a definite honking intake noise when the holes are open on the top of the air filter that is a modification requirement for stage 2 flash.
    Stage 2 flash has a noticeable power advantage that really kicks in above 7,000 rpm. But with all the new lower power the flash delivers down low, I just don't rev that high anymore.
    So just to confirm other posts, it DOES NOT MATTER which flash or which combination of exhaust, our Spyders adjust to all combinations.
    Just wanted to share
    Dennis
    BTW, I am willing to part with my RLS delete and Spyder 1 Stainless exhaust. I have over $1,000 invested in my set up. It has a combination of three in line baffles. It can be reasonably quiet when need be, and has a good bark when you get on the power. $300 plus shipping OBO. PM me if interested for pics. This is a flashy set up of stainless and Chrome. Only fits RT, F3L and F3T.

Spyder Garage

I currently have the cat delete with baffle & stock muffler, and stage 1. With the new mods I did (F3ST) it’s actually louder in my helmet. I think the exhaust echos off the ground & my windshield which I’m right in the middle of. I would really like to try a T or L muffler on mine to see how it sounds. I thought I was going to get away from running ear buds & just use helmet speakers but no such luck.
    It really is a sickness!

Spyder Garage

Hello, wanting to do this ecu mod. But have a few questions. How do tell if you have Generation 1 or 2, or other, with regards to the Rev limiter? And the mod for the air box, is that to make room for a modded ecm stage 2, or just air flow?
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Wildrice I too have the stage 2 remap with RLS Cat Delete with two additional baffles on a F3-S Daytona. This thing pulls like a rocket. However off the line absolutely NO tire spin. I had considered putting my Cat back on. Just to see if it is a back pressure issue.
    2017 Daytona F3-S SE6 , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

What exactly is the cat delete and what does it do for you
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Interested in how yours performs with the stock cat back on. I have a Daytona also with just the Akrapovic Sinister pipe. Am I running lean with no tune?No bark off the line but it picks up fast. I was expecting more off the line snap. Are you saying the stage 2 didnt help or could it be the baffles you're running? I'm considering the stage 2 and RLS cat delete.