Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

In that second picture, you look unsure of what's on your plate.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Today was a wonderful day! The sun was shining, no fog, I had breakfast, our clothes were cleaned (I washed them in the hotel laundry) and we were ready to go. Even had to take off the leather jackets after a while; did keep the windstoppers on because that sure is a chilly 74 degrees or whatever it got up to.
    We visited Le Village Historique Acadien off the 103 highway at exit 31; this is mock-up of a real village with real French speaking Acadians who are trying to keep their language and ways of life from dying out. It was wonderful, awesome and felt like going home, like family. I would love to be able to stay for a week or two and just BE. The village is on the shoreline so the view changes with the tide; when out there are small hillocks (?) exposed and rocks which the incoming tide covers up. Bet the sunrises and sunsets would be awesome too! Maybe I should be looking into buying a house? No, could rent from someone for a bit; lol, one can dream. Caused a stir with the spyder today here and in each area we stopped to check out.
    Pictures are difficult to take because everything we see is worth a picture and has a story and a beauty to share; yes, even those tall green things I have seen masses of over here! I forget to mention the smells. A clean, refreshing (air filtered with the green things) smell. Even the constant shellfish and wet mud (is it still mud if dry?) smell isn't bad. Flowers cast out their fragrances also and it all just seems to pleasantly fit together.
    I will put the pics up and try to explain some things on there, too much to tell you all-aren't you thankful? I am finding it necessary to drop all the pics and try to explain later if there is time so bear with us here. I did that this morning with yesterdays pics, I can't catch up.
    One story: The Duon house from the village had 2 families living together in this 2 bedroom house. One family had 10 children and the other had 13 children; they made the attic space into living quarters for all those children. The staircase (roped off) treads were worn down from the constant kid traffic.
    Last edited by Kjen; 07-20-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kjen View Post
    Today was a wonderful day! The sun was shining, no fog, I had breakfast, our clothes were cleaned (I washed them in the hotel laundry) and we were ready to go. Even had to take off the leather jackets after a while; did keep the windstoppers on because that sure is a chilly 74 degrees or whatever it got up to.
    We visited Le Village Historique Acadien off the 103 highway at exit 31; this is mock-up of a real village with real French speaking Acadians who are trying to keep their language and ways of life from dying out. It was wonderful, awesome and felt like going home, like family. I would love to be able to stay for a week or two and just BE. The village is on the shoreline so the view changes with the tide; when out there are small hillocks (?) exposed and rocks which the incoming tide covers up. Bet the sunrises and sunsets would be awesome too! Maybe I should be looking into buying a house? No, could rent from someone for a bit; lol, one can dream. Caused a stir with the spyder today here and in each area we stopped to check out.
    Pictures are difficult to take because everything we see is worth a picture and has a story and a beauty to share; yes, even those tall green things I have seen masses of over here! I forget to mention the smells. A clean, refreshing (air filtered with the green things) smell. Even the constant shellfish and wet mud (is it still mud if dry?) smell isn't bad. Flowers cast out their fragrances also and it all just seems to pleasantly fit together.
    I will put the pics up and try to explain some things on there, too much to tell you all-aren't you thankful? I am finding it necessary to drop all the pics and try to explain later if there is time so bear with us here. I did that this morning with yesterdays pics, I can't catch up.
    One story: The Duon house from the village had 2 families living together in this 2 bedroom house. One family had 10 children and the other had 13 children; they made the attic space into living quarters for all those children. The staircase (roped off) treads were worn down from the constant kid traffic.
    Sounds maybe like you might want to stay there for a short spell huh? Glad you're having fun and glad th esun came out for ya! Looking forward to more trip blogs!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    That's funny!
    He said that whole plate was only pocket change - that's insane! He looks like he's waiting to see if it's gonna jump up and pinch his nose.

Spyder Garage

smile dudley you look lost we miss you DON & SUE

Spyder Garage

Hello again to all. Yesterday we spent the night in Halifax at some relatives of a friend from California (her mother and brother). It was a short, but very enjoyable visit. Ed took us for a tour of some parts of Halifax. All the older cities in NS are so unique. We did not have access to the internet, so last night was a skip. We were up until almost 11 PM talking, so that was really neat. The mother, "Mom" is in her 90s and does she have some experiences to talk about! We left today at 11 AM after waiting without success for the rain to stop. When we stopped at the Nova Scotia greetings center we noticed another Spyder parked. We waited until the couple came out and they were French Acadians, so I went into my Cajun mode and had a nice chat with them and several others who came over to see the Spyders. Naturally we got them to sign the banner and take pictures. We are now in Fredericton, NB again, at the same motel we stayed at when we first got to NB. It has rained almost all the way here, at times very hard. The Spyder did fabulously and the Froff Toggs didn't leak a drop.
    We had to skip a few things to see, but the rain is supposed to be around for a few more days, so we are just very thankful for the time we had and the things we did see. All in all, we had one day of sunshine while we were in Canada, but that day was awesome. The other days were overcast, foggy and/or raining!
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Hello. Missed posting yesterday as we were visiting and there was no internet. Yesterday was very relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable. One of our CA neighbors shared her mom and family as a contact in Halifax, NS and we were visiting/meeting them for the first time; lovely people, like going home to old friends or your own family.
    We took a drive out to Peggy's Cove near Halifax; awesome place! The rocks could even satisfy me for a while. This is another place I would like to set for a spell and just BE. The house by the lake where we stayed would be another choice. Maybe we will just have to plan a return journey in the future.
    Dawn/Hans if you read this thread, THANK you so much for sharing your family, they were wonderful and you are truly blessed.
    Ok, left this morning in the drizzle wearing our Froggs. Drizzle and some heavier wet stuff the entire drive to Fredericton, NB where we stopped for the night. Tomorrow looks to promise the same. Not much to report and ya'll may be tired of hearing about it all. Dudley told about the spyder we saw at the welcome center; that was cool-he liked my footboards cause his wife has the same ache in the leg problems from the positioning of the stock pegs.
    Todays pictures are the random shots from Peggy's Cove. There is a memorial set up there from a plane crash from Sept 1998 that is very moving; kind of surreal feeling.

Spyder Garage

Good morning. Today we will retrace our steps, I-95 going south. We hope to make good time, as there is not too much to stop and see on that road...just slab and trees. Hope to sleep in New Hampshire tonight. No rain in the forecast, but who knows for sure. We will just ride as far as we can. We are hoping to be in the Berkshires, MA by Saturday.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Can't seem to get pictures into any album; not that yesterday had too many. Hmm.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Good morning. Today we will retrace our steps, I-95 going south. We hope to make good time, as there is not too much to stop and see on that road...just slab and trees. Hope to sleep in New Hampshire tonight. No rain in the forecast, but who knows for sure. We will just ride as far as we can. We are hoping to be in the Berkshires, MA by Saturday.
    We won't be around Sunday or Monday--and don't change your plans on our account--but if you are here by Saturday we'd love to see you!

(No lobster in the Berkshires. You looked too frightened, anyhow.)

For what it's worth, forecast for Saturday is a high of 85 degrees, partly cloudy.
    Last edited by jeuchler; 07-23-2009 at 05:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Not sure about Saturday but I'll ask HDX & Roaddog. Just keep me in the loop as to whereabouts

Spyder Garage

Default 7-23 Report

Not much to report. We are back in Salem, NH. Just got to meet tatt2r's girl. Had a short visit...he had someone waiting at the parlor. Rode about 450 miles today...weather was all kinds, partly cloudy, cloudy, misty, mostly around 69F and HUMID! For those of us who think our motels and food places are expensive, you will be in for a shock if you ever go to New Brunswick or Nova Scotia. Will make you appreciate our prices! Their gasoline is around $3.50/ gallon.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Default today

dee got to meet jenn and dudley
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Howdy folks. I'll be brief (honestly!) cause I'm hungry and hope to beat the rush of folks here at the motel; some shoot-em-up cowpoke thing going on.
    Left New Brunswick in dreary weather and it followed us almost the entire day with a few spats of rain. Sun did shine a bit as we crossed the border. Settled in Salem, NH after a life time in the saddle. Met Dee (SeBrz) and Jamie (Tatt2R) in the parking lot for a few minutes; he is always good for a hug and a cup of coffee. Dee seems a lovely sort; just cause there is no time to talk. Duty, customers, life has us on our toes. We've encountered so many wonderful people on our journey. Hope to have lasting friends.
    Oh, since I usually do the pictures this means I usually have to sign on with Dudley's name, so from now on you'll have to click on my userCP to look at future albums of the rest of the story.

Spyder Garage

Well, on July 20 or so I mentioned the stir at the Digby lighthouse in Nova Scotia...lady asking about the spyder and taking our pictures. This was for a local fundraising event we stumbled into. Small community paper so there wasn't much of anything to it, but here is the link as promised and there are two pictures of our spyder http://www.novanewsnow.com/article-3...se-picnic.html.

Did Mexican supper tonight; was pretty good, but we live a bit closer to Mexico and ours was better , not that I left any of it on the plate mind you, sigh.
    Not sure if we will be moving around tomorrow, weather coming up sounds horrid. Never know with us though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kjen View Post
    Well, on July 20 or so I mentioned the stir at the Digby lighthouse in Nova Scotia...lady asking about the spyder and taking our pictures. This was for a local fundraising event we stumbled into. Small community paper so there wasn't much of anything to it, but here is the link as promised and there are two pictures of our spyder http://www.novanewsnow.com/article-3...se-picnic.html.

Did Mexican supper tonight; was pretty good, but we live a bit closer to Mexico and ours was better , not that I left any of it on the plate mind you, sigh.
    Not sure if we will be moving around tomorrow, weather coming up sounds horrid. Never know with us though.
    Great pics Jennifer! These are the moments that really make memories of a trip like the one you guys are taking now.
    Stay safe if the weather gets ugly.
    Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

It's not simply raining this morning. We're having a MONSOON!!!!!

I sure hope you guys are staying safe and dry today. It's not even a day for ducks. It's horrid out there!!!

Wishing you well the rest of your journey.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default 7-24 Waiting....

Well, all the rain we missed on our trip to the Northeast seems to be paying us back now. It is raining in Salem, NH so we are just waiting it out. The motel gives us until noon to check out, so that is good. The weatherman says it will gradually work it's way north. From here we plan on going south on I-93 to I-495 south until we reach MA-2 west and ride that road until we reach the Berkshires. That should be a really pretty ride once we get out of the wet. After the Berkshires we plan on working our way to I-90 west until we reach Niagara Falls. All is well. Thanks again to all the wonderful people we have met...you all have enriched our lives and given us some wonderful memories to last a lifetime.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Well, all the rain we missed on our trip to the Northeast seems to be paying us back now. It is raining in Salem, NH so we are just waiting it out. The motel gives us until noon to check out, so that is good. The weatherman says it will gradually work it's way north. From here we plan on going south on I-93 to I-495 south until we reach MA-2 west and ride that road until we reach the Berkshires. That should be a really pretty ride once we get out of the wet. After the Berkshires we plan on working our way to I-90 west until we reach Niagara Falls. All is well. Thanks again to all the wonderful people we have met...you all have enriched our lives and given us some wonderful memories to last a lifetime.
    Dudley, do you and Jennifer have an estimated date of arrival in the Falls?

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

The sun has finally come out here in the northeast. But it continued to rain quite a bit past noon. I hope Jenn and Dudley got underway when they had expected.

It was wise of them to wait it out this morning. The rain was absolutely something!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

they stopped at my shop for coffee at 11:45 this mornig and they were on there way
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Just a suggestion, you're pretty close, so take I-81 north to Alexandria Bay, NY, and check out the Thousand Islands, then back south and check the Erie Canal State Park. Been to the islands many times, and keep hearing good things about the park.
    Keep up the dailies, and the pics, really good stuff!

john

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Not sure about Saturday but I'll ask HDX & Roaddog. Just keep me in the loop as to whereabouts
    Waiting to here ready to roll to Berkshires in AM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Waiting to here ready to roll to Berkshires in AM
    Nobody has called us about a time??? Where's John at?

Spyder Garage

Default 7-24 Report

The ride went as planned today. MA-2 is a superb road for scenic driving! When we left tatt2r's shop, it had stopped raining, but we kept the Frogg Toggs on because the weather looked like rain was a good possibility somewhere on the roads. We got to the Berkshires and called jeuchler, who came and meet us and escorted us to his house for tea and chat with him and his wife. We then went to find a motel. We were lucky...a couple of get togethers going on, and when we got our room the motel had one room left. Tomorrow we have a ride planned with jeuchler and his wife, and Roaddog, HDX, and Smylinacha have plans to drive up from CT. I hope all turns out as planned.
    Last edited by Dudley; 07-24-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011