Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 7-07 Report

Well, today was a good and relaxing one. The weather was perfect! Went and met and visited Lamont and his wife, and their son. BajaRon came over and we met him also. Jennifer and I signed the SpyderLovers banner. Ron and Lamont signed the WestCoastSpyder banner. Pictures were taken. Spent quite some time kicking tires. Lamont couldn't find anything wrong with our Spyder...that's good. He told us about a few things of historical significance and we went and see them: Davy Crockett's birthplace on the Nolichucky River, Andrew Johnson's house, Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Canon Ball Church. Thanks a bunch Lamont. Greeneville, TN has a lot of history. Would have been nice to be here for much longer to do a good area tour.
    Tomorrow we head north once again on I-81. We have a banner signing and picture taking in Abingdon, VA, then on again. We plan on being near DC for the night, to be able to go to DC the next morning. All I am interested in is the Tomb of the Unknown, the White House, the Capital, Arlington Cemetery, and The Wall. Anything else pops up, we will take it's picture. Then we will head out again. We plan on Gettysburg and Valley Forge also, sometime after DC.
    Last edited by Dudley; 07-07-2009 at 08:29 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Hey you've almost made it coast to coast!!! Really covering some territory. Hope you enjoy your visit to DC!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default Jennifer's View July 7, 2009

Good start to the day; we changed hotels and it was very uplifting to my spirits.
    Rode out to meet Lamont and his wife and Baja Ron for howdies and banner signing. Beautiful views, I could live here. Not sure how long, but could give it a shot. Rolling hills, rural at its best. Had everything I have been trying to take pictures of: crumbling barns, buildings being eaten up by time, massive structures, green and rolling hills, flowers, trees .....wonderful and peaceful.
    Oh, I'm supposed to talk about meeting THE MAN. Great guys, enjoyed my visit with Lamonts wife (not sure if I should say her name so..). I don't do the kick tire thing because I am not a driver so have little to share or compare or complain or praise. Got to visit the vegetation and see some beautiful colors, quilts and agates; THANK you so much wife for giving me of your time-truly one of the highlights of the trip.
    Moving along. Lamont had to go to town so Dudley and I kind of followed him; finally caught him at the red light, lol. Pointed out the church with the cannon ball in the wall and told us how to get to the Crockett park; he had to go and try to catch up on stuff after being away for so long. Before we went to those places we visited the Andrew Johnson Nat'l Cemetery. This was awesome and another beautiful tribute to those who have given their all for this freedom we at times take so lightly. THANK YOU all then and now who have sacrificed.
    After this we did the Davy Crockett and church viewing. Lots of churches in the area so bear with me when you see them. I am trying to be a little more conservative and not flood the album.
    Today was great but very tiring. Finding it more taxing on the body to view, get down, get back up, go, repeat....easier to long distance, but fun and necessary none the less.
    Heading out tomorrow for other parts. Looked at the map and seems like we have a lot more ground to cover. Oh well, someone has to do it so why not us?
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Well, today was a good and relaxing one. The weather was perfect! Went and met and visited Lamont and his wife, and their son. BajaRon came over and we met him also. Jennifer and I signed the SpyderLovers banner. Ron and Lamont signed the WestCoastSpyder banner. Pictures were taken. Spent quite some time kicking tires. Lamont couldn't find anything wrong with our Spyder...that's good. He told us about a few things of historical significance and we went and see them: Davy Crockett's birthplace on the Nolichucky River, Andrew Johnson's house, Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Canon Ball Church. Thanks a bunch Lamont. Greeneville, TN has a lot of history. Would have been nice to be here for much longer to do a good area tour.
    Tomorrow we head north once again on I-81. We have a banner signing and picture taking in Abingdon, VA, then on again. We plan on being near DC for the night, to be able to go to DC the next morning. All I am interested in is the Tomb of the Unknown, the White House, the Capital, Arlington Cemetery, and The Wall. Anything else pops up, we will take it's picture. Then we will head out again. We plan on Gettysburg and Valley Forge also, sometime after DC.
    Great to meet both of you. It's always interesting to meet the person behind the post(s).

Thanks for the help on the Parking Brake. Works great!

Enjoyed signing the banner. You should have no problem filling that up with great memories.

Have a safe trip!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

It was great to spend some time with both of you. Sorry that I wasn't a great host but I was still pretty wiped out from the trip and had a lot of stuff to catch up on. Next time I'll take you on some good rides around here if you can keep up.

Lighting was bad on this one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got to meet Dudley and Jennifer just a couple of hours ago as they traveled up from Lamont's territory.

You two are REALLY traveling light. I thought Jerry and I traveled light to L.A. for the BRP event. Glad to know you are stopping to take time to see different things.

Safe travels!!

Gayle

Spyder Garage

Default Jennifer's View July 8, 2009

I get to post first! Probably will forget to mention something or other, it's what usually happens. Guess no one really needs to know EVERYTHING.

Left Bulls Gap, TN and made it here to New Market, VA;; still had light but we were feeling kind of drawn out. The usual hills, valleys, thick stands of various types of trees and bushes. Plenty of silos (doubles and singles) which I didn't take pictures of because I wanted to make sure my camera battery lasted the whole day. Bought a new battery at Walmart in Wytheville after the banner signing with Gayle. She works in a lovely part of Abingdon and we were able to peek into her historic working area. We all chatted for a bit about riding, comfort, packing....whatnot then we departed. Really should spend more time but she was working! The town had some lovely sights; a few pictures to upload.

Have a few pictures around the town of New Market, VA also. Lots of greens, hills, history and interesting looking places.

Tired and my mind is blank. Did BK for supper since breakfast was a very long time ago. Time for coffee, good night.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Default 7-08 Report

This is my 2nd attempt to post. Let's see if it works.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

This is my 2nd attempt to post. Let's see if it works.
    It works...................... but you need to tweak the content a bit, Dudley!
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default 7-08 Report

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    It works...................... but you need to tweak the content a bit, Dudley!
    OK, this is my 3rd attempt. Maybe I should just let Jennifer's post stand. Just a bit over 300 miles today, but with VA's interstate speed of 65 mph it was agonizing. My comfortable speed is 75. We saw several policemen setting alongside the highway. Oh, well. Tomorrow, after we check a couple of things around New Market, we will head north again on I-81 to I-66 east for DC, then backtrack to I-81 north to Gettysburg, PA and Valley Forge, PA. We stopped at the Natural Bridge area...major tourist attraction! Huge hotel and 2 other nick-nack buildings for you to spend your money in. We met a Goldwing rider at the VA visitors' center that was interested in the Spyder, so we asked him to sign the banner.
    Hey, it worked!!! Third time's a charm. Thanks for being my carrier, ataDude!
    Last edited by Dudley; 07-08-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

... Jennifer and I signed the SpyderLovers banner. Ron and Lamont signed the WestCoastSpyder banner. ...
    Whoa--Lamont has the Spyderlovers banner again?

OK, so Mike3069 is gonna take it from Kentuky to upstate NY, Then HDX and RoadDoag2 and SpyderByter can get it and bring it to Connecticut, then they and Smylinacha can bring it to Vermont, than tatt2r to New Hampshire and Maine, then I can...

(What? Isn't this thing making laps??!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Whoa--Lamont has the Spyderlovers banner again?

OK, so Mike3069 is gonna take it from Kentuky to upstate NY, Then HDX and RoadDoag2 and SpyderByter can get it and bring it to Connecticut, then they and Smylinacha can bring it to Vermont, than tatt2r to New Hampshire and Maine, then I can...

(What? Isn't this thing making laps??!)
    Ok, then... When is it heading towards Texas?

There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Umm...you mean North Texas, or downtown Texas?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Umm...you mean North Texas, or downtown Texas?
    I meant North Texas. I think. What do you think I thought? I personally think that you thought that I thought something about a city called Texas. But, now that I think about it, I'm not sure at all what you thought about what I thought. And, it would be presumptuous of me to think that you thought about something I didn't think about... so.....

What do you think?

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Anywhere in Texas should be OK, Can't be THAT big............
    Ha. On your HD, it would take approximately forty days and forty nights to ride all the way across the widest part.

Plus, as an aside, did you know that you can fit 84,734 CTs into TX?

Oh, wait a minute. Conversing with jeucher has me confused a little.

Sorry for the hi-jacks, D&J! It just got away from me.

Last edited by ataDude; 07-08-2009 at 09:48 PM.

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Jennifer's comment

NO, NO, NO...much as I like Texas, NO! The banner already went through on I-10 with us and I'm not going that route again any time soon! No wish to return by the same route. Sorry we missed any of you, but think ya'll were going one way while we headed the other.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Hey bro, I don't know how to break this to you but two weeks ago, the banner was headed towards Texas and went through Texas on a balmy Tuesday afternoon. Probably went through Texas again last week on lamonster's trip back to Tennessee.
    Last edited by bjt; 07-10-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Hey bro, I don't know how to break this to you but two weeks ago, the banner was headed towards Texas and went through Texas on a balmy Tuesday afternoon. Probably went through Texas again last week on lomonster's trip back to Tennessee.
    Well, OK, then. I didn't want to sign my "X" on it, anyway.

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Jennifer's View of July 9, 1009

We survived D.C.! Good thing we had the Spyder because we zipped and zoomed; hard to believe it of Dudley? Lots of spaces we weren't supposed to be in, but figured we could claim being lost and checking the map. Will put pictures up when we get to a WIFI area in a few days. Pictures taking on the fly as we went by with me snapping away-I killed 2 camera batteries.
    Arlington Cemetery was the high-light; we were lucky to walk up to the site just before the changing of the guard session; AWESOME and what a sacrifice.
    I'm ready to do D.C. again some day, but maybe from a tour bus or walking the distance.
    Now in Hazelton, PA-arrived last night around 8:30 and will be here for a few days if we don't get on the nerves of our hosts. Lovely day, been extremely fortunate as to weather.
    Lots of greenery, huge farming areas with lots of photo potential (no, my camera was dead so you don't have to sit through all of that).
    Later.
    Oh, thanks to all our friends/neighbors for taking care of our house area, trees and plants. Love you all.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Hey dudley and Jennifer;

Say hello to Hazleton for me. My wife has a small piece of property there. We just love it there - can't get to PA often enough to enjoy.
    Ryde safe and enjoy - your posts are great.

We survived D.C.! Good thing we had the Spyder because we zipped and zoomed; hard to believe it of Dudley? Lots of spaces we weren't supposed to be in, but figured we could claim being lost and checking the map. Will put pictures up when we get to a WIFI area in a few days. Pictures taking on the fly as we went by with me snapping away-I killed 2 camera batteries.
    Arlington Cemetery was the high-light; we were lucky to walk up to the site just before the changing of the guard session; AWESOME and what a sacrifice.
    I'm ready to do D.C. again some day, but maybe from a tour bus or walking the distance.
    Now in Hazelton, PA-arrived last night around 8:30 and will be here for a few days if we don't get on the nerves of our hosts. Lovely day, been extremely fortunate as to weather.
    Lots of greenery, huge farming areas with lots of photo potential (no, my camera was dead so you don't have to sit through all of that).
    Later.
    Oh, thanks to all our friends/neighbors for taking care of our house area, trees and plants. Love you all.
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Spyder Garage

Talked to Dudley yesterday about meeting up and signing his banner when he hits New England!! Hope your Spyder continues to run great and you have smooth sailing the rest of your trip!! Can't wait to meet you!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default 7-10 Report

Well, today we went to Gettysburg, PA, driven and guided by our friend Bob and his wife Joyce. We did the car tour and took many pictures. I will set up and album for Gettysburg and add captions later.
    Tomorrow we will probably go to Philadelphia and the Liberty Bell, etc.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Spyder Garage

Default 7-11 Report

Today we went to Philadelphia and saw the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. We also went to Valley Forge, PA. Valley Forge was really big and it's hard to imagine what went on there with George Washington and the Continental Army. Looking at Independence Hall gave me a humble feeling and helped me to realize even more the moment of importance our forefathers created when they all stood together for freedom, not knowing the future, but stepping forth on faith.
    Bob has been an awesome guide. He was raised around the Hazleton, PA area and returned here after his four years in the Air Force. His knowledge of the coal mining history and the unique towns around here and their history, has given us a more personal insight of the past.
    Tomorrow we will once again venture out with Bob and Joyce and see more unique mysteries of this area.
    Monday we will be on the road again, heading for Connecticut. The Spyder has been running well and we have thus far avoided any bad weather. I am presently hearing thunder, as forcasted, but that will be over soon. Monday is expected to be clear.
    Last edited by Dudley; 07-11-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Anywhere in Texas should be OK, Can't be THAT big............

Spyder Garage

I meant North Texas. I think. What do you think I thought? I personally think that you thought that I thought something about a city called Texas. But, now that I think about it, I'm not sure at all what you thought about what I thought. And, it would be presumptuous of me to think that you thought about something I didn't think about... so.....

What do you think?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to talk like that in the stoner days.