Spyder Garage

Default Connecting an iPhone to built in USB adapter

I have a 20187 F3 Limited with a phone mount on the handle bars which works great. I can hook up my iPhone to the built in USB charger located in the "glove compartment" on the dash by the windshield. The wire hangs out and the lid does not close. When I go down the highway or travel at speed the lid tends to open. I could use tape and keep it shut - how do others deal with this issue. It is annoying at times.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Spyder Garage

I don't put my phone in the pizza oven anymore either. I have it on the handlebar too. I have a usb charger coming tomorrow and I will hook it up to one of the accessory circuits. That will keep my phone charged up and the glove box lid closed. Also I have uninstalled the BRP connect app from my phone. I keep getting the install the app notification. That should stop that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Tried with a flat cable and I am able to close the lid - one of these https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cab...73H4VFGPYXGV4G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    a usb charger coming tomorrow and I will hook it up to one of the accessory circuits. That will keep my phone charged up and the glove box lid closed. Also I have uninstalled the BRP connect app from my phone. .
    Two things I want to do is uninstall the BRP connect app, I have a feeling it is just not ready for primetime and install a dual usb port on the central switch panel. I don't understand why they have a dual USB port in the rear trunk but did not include an AUX audio connection there too, this would eliminate the need to do anything at all with the so called Pizza Oven in the front.

I love my new spyder but am always looking at how to fit it to my own style .... BRP Connect could be a good platform but I don't want to have to pay for every little app piecemeal, it would be the same like one of those Google Play Store lookalikes.
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I don't put my phone in the pizza oven anymore either. I have it on the handlebar too. I have a usb charger coming tomorrow and I will hook it up to one of the accessory circuits. That will keep my phone charged up and the glove box lid closed. Also I have uninstalled the BRP connect app from my phone. I keep getting the install the app notification. That should stop that.

Which one did you order?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I have a 20187 F3 Limited with a phone mount on the handle bars which works great. I can hook up my iPhone to the built in USB charger located in the "glove compartment" on the dash by the windshield. The wire hangs out and the lid does not close. When I go down the highway or travel at speed the lid tends to open. I could use tape and keep it shut - how do others deal with this issue. It is annoying at times.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    Hi Jim,

look at post #3 in this link
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ndle-bar-mount

That's what I did on mine.

hope this helps !
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AAbruzzese View Post
    Two things I want to do is uninstall the BRP connect app, I have a feeling it is just not ready for primetime and install a dual usb port on the central switch panel. I don't understand why they have a dual USB port in the rear trunk but did not include an AUX audio connection there too, this would eliminate the need to do anything at all with the so called Pizza Oven in the front.
    You can put your own AUX IN cable in your trunk by running a headphone extension cord to it. >CLICK ME<
    >AMAZON<

gps3.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Which one did you order?
    This one but no longer available. Lots to choose from that are similar. https://www.amazon.ca/CAMWAY-Motorcy.../dp/B07DPMMLFF

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    You can put your own AUX IN cable in your trunk by running a headphone extension cord to it. >CLICK ME<
    >AMAZON<

gps3.jpg

Hi and thanks for the reply, the part I am missing is the "Run a wire" I am looking at youtube videos and most seem to indicate dismantling the front right panels of the spyder to essentially pass a couple of simple wires, even if you put in the 12 volt power adapter you will still need to run the devices connections to it from the center console or handlebar mount. I guess there is limited real estate to play with, mind you some of the videos make it look too easy and seem to gloss over the "Gotcha" parts that nobody wants to show or see.

I asked a motorcycle shop here to give me a price to run an USB and Audio Cable extend from Console to the unzipped liner and they gave me 90$ as a starter price. I feel violated essentially but then again I am not a mechanic .
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

very super slow charging from the small glove usb cable of my f3t. do you notice the same that there is such a minimal charge to the phone despite being connected? also did you resolve the lid not staying closed issue? i have the same issue

Spyder Garage

The USB cord is useless because the BRP app is absolutely terrible, anyhow I use my phone for mapping and I like to keep it charged so I installed a 7x24 power source in my dash.
    phone.jpg

dash.jpg
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome