Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Cool Spyders In The Ozarks-Dates and Host Hotel is set!

UPDATE as of 08-31-2016
    I am very excited to announce that we have secured a host hotel for Spyders in the Ozarks and you can start booking your rooms now.

For those of you that went to the very first Spyderfest here in Springfield you'll remember the location but the hotel itself has been completely renovated inside and out. I had a chance to tour the hotels and checkout the rooms and you won't be disappointed. This is perfect for our event and plenty of room for a few vendors to setup too. As stated before there is no cost for this event for vendors or riders and even though it's a Spyder event all bikes are welcome. Right now we have 75 rooms blocked and the hotel has a little over a 100 rooms. If we fill these up there's another hotel next door that they own too that will be available. I would encourage to book in this hotel so we have the party all in one place, if you book else where it kind of kills the whole idea of being together as a group. For sure the time we spend not riding and just kicking tires in the parking lot will be valuable part of this experience.

Here's the hotel information.
    When you call book under Spyders in the Ozarks for your discount rate.
    Phone 417-520-6200
    Clarion Inn & Suites
    3370 E Battlefield Rd.
    Springfield MO 65804
    They have limited rooms on Wed. 9/21 but are wide open from 9/22 to 9/24

These are the numbers we have to date from our Facebook page.
    150-200

CLICK HERE to see some of the pics from the 2013 Spyderfest at this hotel

We are looking for ride leaders too so if you know of a great ride in this area and wouldn't mind showing a few folks please let us know and we'll post the details here. Thanks

If you're a Spyder vendor and would like to setup in the hotel parking lot for free please contact me. Thanks

Update to this post above: Since moving here to Springfield MO I've never been able to pull-off a Lamonster BBQ like I did in East TN. I think I had about 350 or so Spyders and fed over 600 at the last BBQ I had at my place in TN. This was all done free of charge and we paid for the meal from your donations. It worked out just fine every year, sometimes to the dollar.

So after living here for a couple years now I've learned that the riding here is amazing! I loved riding in East TN and it does have some iconic roads but don't count out Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. Joan and I have some favorite rides we like to do and they can take all day or just a few hours depending on how much time we have to play. We would love to share these rides with you all. This would be a different format than Spyderfest and I'm looking to have it in the September/October timeline.
    http://motorcycleozarks.com/

The plans are to find a host hotel where we can setup the vendors for free. If I can't do that there are other options I can look into. I haven't talked to too many folks about this yet but I did talk to Spyderpops and Pitbull and they are in. I'll contact some of the good Spyder vendors and see if they can make it too. The plan is a no cost event with plenty of self-guided rides and a place to hang out with vendors to support your farkle needs. I've contacted a BBQ guy that has the best BBQ I've ever had in Springfield and he's game too. I do know some of the vendors want to ride too so it won't be all work and no play.

This is not a replacement for Spyderfest in any way. Keep your expectations low and you'll be fine. This isn't an event like Spyderfest, it's more like a friendly get together of riders like it was at my BBQ. The vendors are a sideline to the fellowship and the riding and of course the food.

So what do you guys think? Are you in?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Sounds like a blast....can you move the Ozarks a little closer to the West Coast?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Sounds like a blast....can you move the Ozarks a little closer to the West Coast?
    I was from San Diego and I can tell you it's worth leaving your comfort zone and getting out from the West Coast if you never have before.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

rooms booked.....
    2 or 3 days would work.....early September could be hot....maybe early October...but either way...we are in...count on us
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 01-20-2016 at 10:02 AM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To answer your question, I like Thursday, Friday, Saturday or just Friday & Saturday. I did my first Twisted Sisters Hill Country ride last month and it was just 2 days and was just about right. No vendors, except the sponsoring dealer; just fellowship and ryding.

And, not that you asked, but to help distinguish it from Spyderfest, how about having it in Branson or Eureka Springs - or even Hot Springs!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default the Ozarks as a destination

Lamont:

I've only motorcycled and camped in the Ozarks once, but that certainly whetted my appetite to return. Good BBQ and friendly Spyder ryders would be a plus, especially if camping options were front and center rather than an afterthought.

Informal appeals, as well, with more camaraderie around the campfire than convention-center focus.

Early September can still be pretty warm, so a shift slightly toward the cooler end of the calendar would be welcomed by those of us who choose to wear full gear.

My $0.02

Pete

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS EVENT

&...The area has some awesome riding and the camaraderie makes it twice as good, but two 3000 + mile trips ( Spyderfest being one ) isn't something I can pull off.......... ........ But I know those who do attend will have a great time......I do miss your in Tenn.............Mike

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds fun, Thursday-Friday sounds good. Good hotels nearby?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

It would be great...except where in montana.... Your concept is good , better than good... Nothing like breaking bread with friends . The long weekend is a good idea....I would keep the venders to a minimum Or not at all

.. This I think is about friends and good food.... And riding ...

Howard and Ann

Spyder Garage

Friday and Saturday sounds good. October would be better. September is Spuderquest.
    Christine

Spyder Garage

I would love to see another mid west event since Spyderfest has become a bit too large for my tastes.. Spyderquest is Sept 7-10 and Spyder Red Rock Rally in St George Utah (replacing Spyders in the Redwoods this year) is Sept 27th-30th.. It would be nice not to directly conflict with those events for folks who plan to attend several events including those..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

My .02 worth

Friday & Saturday, anytime in September. (if it were anywhere near Hot Springs, it would be awesome, but anywhere in the Ozarks is Awesome.)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I like the idea of early Sept to middle Sept, it might be warm in the Mid west, but for people traveling from further aboard October you are starting to get into iffy weather for riding motorcycles.... I like your idea of a smaller venue... With a lot of riding!!!!
    2014 RT-S
    YELLOW
    BajaRon Anti Sway bar
    Adjustable handle bars
    SpyderPops Skid plate

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have been around Mt. Home,Arkansas and a little south and we really loved it and want to go back..middle of the month so my wife can get off is good for us..long weekend Fri,Sat,leave Sunday late..Also,like Joe said,based somewhere other than Springfield..thanks for doing this!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    My .02 worth

Friday & Saturday, anytime in September. (if it were anywhere near Hot Springs, it would be awesome, but anywhere in the Ozarks is Awesome.)

Cruzr Joe
    But you'll need to get Joe to volunteer as a "Ride-Guide"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Was at your last one and enjoyed the company although the weather never co-operated but cannot depend on it any time of year. We would like to see in September and a three day event as we have a long way to travel for just two days, would hardly be worth it. Love the idea of get together and organized group rides and would likely camp again in the Branson area. Keep up the good work.
    Roger & Linda
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I love that area, count me in. I vote for three days and any day is ok.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

As far as conflicting with other events, we want to make sure we don't as much as possible. The reason for thinking about Sept. Oct. is iffy on the weather here. It may be great or it may be cold and wet. Sept. is not hot and humid here, wasn't this year and from talking to Jacob he still says it's the best time of year to ride. Maybe Oct. would work. When in October are you guys thinking?

The event would be held in Springfield because that's where it needs to be to manage it and you'll have dealer support here through Pitbull if you have any issues. There's plenty of hotels here on the south end and just minutes from good riding.

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds Great - I'm in.

I've tried a couple of times to ride route 7 in Arkansas, and it just didn't happen both times. Maybe this time.

My friend Brenda and I flew to Denver, bought a Forester XT last year and meandered back to Georgia. We spent one night in Branson and I thought a very nice room was very reasonable. This was in April and I don't know if reasonable rates are the norm for other dates.

My preference is Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Any time in September works for me, but late September or early October is more appealing unless the weather is a problem then.

-Bill
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

My $.02:
    I think 3 days would be good; Thursday, Friday, Saturday. As far as the early September date goes, there are conflicts with at least two other events that month, possibly three. I would prolly opt for coming back to the Ozarks rather than NY even though it farther for me. Vendors would be a plus but I be interested in riding to places I never seem to get to while at Spyderfest. I like the idea of the "friendly get together". How about self-guided rides with designated lunch and/or dinner stops.
    Okay I'm done now. I think my paint is almost dry enough for a second coat.

Spyder Phyl
    2014 RT-Ltd, Cognac and Timeless Black 2010 RT-622 trailer.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BBQ

I sure enjoyed your BBQs in TN. I just couldn't do Spyderfest then turn right around and go back to MO for the BBQ. I have to plan well in advance what I can do. I can only do One event. I have already made plans for Spyderfest so the following year I will skip SF and attend your BBQ.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Good Idea? Duh!

We're in !

I've lived in the Springfield area for going on 35 years. Although not normal I've seen snow the first week of October and I've seen cold rainy weather in early October….weather wise….I'd say the first two weeks of September would be the best bet. The leaves don't get beautiful until usually around mid October but I've found them not to be all that pretty if it is cold and rainy. Since I live in Springfield, two or three days doesn't really matter except... if it were two days we'd miss out on a day of great fun…..however, those traveling from other states might prefer three days to make it worth the travel time...

I think it is a great idea Lamont and I would be willing to help you if needed.

Don

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Not the 3rd weekend.

Make it September or 1st or 2nd weekend of October and let people know right away so that they can ask for time off work. Friday-Sunday with Sunday being travel time? Scheduling will be the big thing. The change from 2nd to 3rd weekend in October messed up some of our schedule this year--but that's history. It sounds like a fun concept though and a good transition from your successful BBQ. Are there any motels/ small resorts with green space that could handle the event and that would maybe have some camping for those who need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Since moving here to Springfield MO I've never been able to pull-off a Lamonster BBQ like I did in East TN. I think I had about 350 or so Spyders and fed over 600 at the last BBQ I had at my place in TN. This was all done free of charge and we paid for the meal from your donations. It worked out just fine every year, sometimes to the dollar.

I had some people contact me about taking over and promoting Spyders in the Smokies but to be honest it needs to be run by someone local. The original Spyders In the Smokies was run by Marc Pukos from SpyderTalk and it was always a struggle for him living in New York. I don't want to face the same challenges even know I know and love the area and could probably pull it off, just not as good as it deserves.

So after living here for a couple years now I've learned that the riding here is amazing! I loved riding in East TN and it does have some iconic roads but don't count out Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. Joan and I have some favorite rides we like to do and they can take all day or just a few hours depending on how much time we have to play. We would love to share these rides with you all. This would be a different format than Spyderfest and I'm looking to have it in the beginning of September.
    http://motorcycleozarks.com/

The plans are to find a host hotel where we can setup the vendors for free. If I can't do that there are other options I can look into. I haven't talked to too many folks about this yet but I did talk to Spyderpops and Pitbull and they are in. I'll contact some of the good Spyder vendors and see if they can make it too. The plan is a no cost event with plenty of self-guided rides and a place to hang out with vendors to support your farkle needs. I've contacted a BBQ guy that has the best BBQ I've ever had in Springfield and he's game too. I do know some of the vendors want to ride too so it won't be all work and no play.

This is not a replacement for Spyderfest in any way. Keep your expectations low and you'll be fine. This isn't an event like Spyderfest, it's more like a friendly get together of riders like it was at my BBQ. The vendors are a sideline to the fellowship and the riding and of course the food.

So here are my questions for you all.

I'm thinking somewhere around the first of September but I can adjust either way. September is some of the best weather for riding here I'm told.
    UPDATE- or October seeing this has the popular vote right now
    Should this be a two or three day event?
    What days would work best for those who would like to come?
    Thursday/Friday?
    Friday/Saturday?
    Thursday/Friday/Saturday?

So what do you guys think? Are you in?
    Last edited by Spydeejane; 11-16-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default OZARKS, HERE WE COME

GunkandPudge from Hot Springs Village Ar will be there. Just finalize time and place

Spyder Garage

Default My vote

Mid October as I would luv to ryde the fall colors. Early Sept ok but not as "enticing ". 3 days. Yep keep it simple for you as well as ryders!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5