Spyder Garage

Default Belt tensioner: Can Am vs Roadster Renovations (RR wins!)

I have about 8000 miles on my Can Am belt tensioner. I must be one of the lucky ones because I've never had a problem with it. However, after reading stories of the failures, I figured it was only a matter of time before mine went too. I ordered a Roadster Renovations one last fall and finally got around to installing it yesterday. Took it for a test ride and the thing is almost perfect! While the Can Am one was probably an 80% solution, the RR one is probably a 95% solution (it's not perfect, but damn near!) Is it worth the difference in price? Well, for vibration dampening alone, I am not sure. For vibration dampening AND peace of mind that it wont ever fail? It is most definitely worth the difference in price! Kudos to Roadster Renovations!
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Damn, I wish I had vibration so I could get one!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Excellent choice..............

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    I have about 8000 miles on my Can Am belt tensioner. I must be one of the lucky ones because I've never had a problem with it. However, after reading stories of the failures, I figured it was only a matter of time before mine went too. I ordered a Roadster Renovations one last fall and finally got around to installing it yesterday. Took it for a test ride and the thing is almost perfect! While the Can Am one was probably an 80% solution, the RR one is probably a 95% solution (it's not perfect, but damn near!) Is it worth the difference in price? Well, for vibration dampening alone, I am not sure. For vibration dampening AND peace of mind that it wont ever fail? It is most definitely worth the difference in price! Kudos to Roadster Renovations!
    I ordered a BRP tensioner and once I got it in hand it went on the shelf and hasn't moved since. What a POC! I'd give it away to anyone who would take it. Keep an eye on your RR tensioner because nothing lasts for ever. Even though the RR tensioner is a good product, there have been issues, although very few. Keep and eye on the spring, grease the arm pivot occasionally (not too much) and check the roller for play. If anything is amiss get ahold of Doc and he'll replace any part that goes bad.

Spyder Garage

My RR belt tensioner spring broke for the second time today. I am 1600+ miles from home. I have tried BRP and RR and neither one has worked well! I think I will try a new vender.

Spyder Garage

I have 13000 miles on my RR tensioner. Still solid, no bearing play. No vibrations. Checked it last month when verifying brakes were OK for state inspection.

Spyder Garage

I had two springs fail and got a replacement from RR but never reinstalled the tensioner. Once I lowered the belt tension, it wasn't needed.