Thread: 2018 RTL seat

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RTL seat

Can any one tell for sure if the seat on a 2018 limited is a comfort seat. I thought it came with one but looking at utopias site it brings to question if it is. I do not have my spyder home yet and the BRP website has gone all clunky this weekend from their change to 2019.

Thanks, Jeff

Spyder Garage

Here in Aust, unless you specify & pay for the Optional Comfort Seat, it just ain't a comfort seat!!

The BRP documentation is a little misleading in the way it refers to the seat comfort, but while the standard seat might be fairly comfortable for some, it IS NOT the Optional Comfort Seat.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

The standard OEM seat and Comfort seat have different part numbers as well as do the backrests for both seats. You would have had to specify which seat as the Comfort Seat is an add-on. Out of the crate your Spyder had the standard OEM seat.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

The pictures I have seen show stitching on the top where the driver sits, the limited has the same lines but they appear molded not stitched. When I was able access the BRP site and look at the comfort seat it had the same molded lines not stitched. It definitely looks different then the standard seat but not the same as some of the comfort seat pictures with stitching on them.
    I thought one of the upgrades for the 2018 limited was comfort standard for limited only along with fog lights.

Spyder Garage

Not current information but...I have the 2014 RT-S (one level below the L). It came with the OEM "mush" seat. I replaced mine with a BRP Comfort seat at extra cost. A bit of a setback for the driver, a better lumbar pad, and better support. I can drive the Spyder all day now.

I have not owned a single that has not had the OEM seat replaced. I think they do that on purpose.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When you see your itemized bill of sale you'll know for sure. While BRP reduced some of the Spyder prices for 2019 the Comfort Seat for the RTL in the "Build Your Own" app on the web site shows the Comfort Seat as an option with a price of $659.99. While the stitching for the current Comfort Seat is different from the one sold in 2014 the pictures below show how the 2" rearward movement of the lumbar support for the Comfort Seat is made without encroaching on the passenger. The photo on the left is the OEM seat while the one on the right is the Comfort Seat. You can see the triangular area where the driver backrest mounts is truncated on the Comfort Seat so it doesn't encroach on the passenger's seat space. The picture of the 2019 comfort seat in the "Build You Own" app appears to me to have the same truncation as my older Comfort Seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S