Spyder Garage

Default Integrated communications system

I have a 2015 RTS and have been looking for a good all purpose communications system. I came across a system that appears to do it all. It is called Starcom1 Digital. Has anyone used this system on a Can Am? Here is a link for a 2009 PDF file I found that shows all the features http://www.rxtx-tuote.fi/pdf/StarCom2009.pdf. Here is the link to the company website http://www.starcom1.com/index.html. Here is a screenshot of all it's features.

Starcom1 Digital.jpg

Spyder Garage

Just get a pair of Sena 20S headsets for your helmets. Wired headsets are going the way of 8 track tapes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Ditto what jcthorne said, but you don't even need the Sena 20S's. Even the cheapest super-simple Sena 5SMH's do as much as that Starcom stuff and neither of the Senas will have any wires to mess with.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

The reason I’m looking for an all in one communications system is because I also ride a Goldwing and want to keep the same helmet headsets from one bike to the next. I understand the sena devices would allow this but I have a CB on the Goldwing that is not Bluetooth and don’t have any CB yet on the spyder. I don’t want to mess around with Bluetooth at this time and will be sticking with wired systems. I can add a Bluetooth option to the Starcom1 which will allow me to have my phone and my wifes phone on separate blutooth channels. For now the wired system will meet my needs, Bluetooth won’t. So back to my original question, is anyone using this system?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vienna7475 View Post
    The reason I’m looking for an all in one communications system is because I also ride a Goldwing and want to keep the same helmet headsets from one bike to the next. I understand the sena devices would allow this but I have a CB on the Goldwing that is not Bluetooth and don’t have any CB yet on the spyder. I don’t want to mess around with Bluetooth at this time and will be sticking with wired systems. I can add a Bluetooth option to the Starcom1 which will allow me to have my phone and my wifes phone on separate blutooth channels. For now the wired system will meet my needs, Bluetooth won’t. So back to my original question, is anyone using this system?
    Check out the Sena FreeWire adapter. It replaces the wired dash to helmet connection on the GW with a BT connection.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Looks like all of their U.S. dealers have either shut their doors or don't carry the complete Starcom1 kit anymore with the exception of Spoiled Biker. You might want to call them to see if they actually have the kits in stock. An alternative is the MotoChello system, I have it installed on my F3T and it works fine.

Wired communications aren't dead until BT headsets quit dropping connections and unpairing themselves... had my fill of that with the Victory/Sena system.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

I talked to the owner of Spoiled Biker and he said Starcom1 has been purchased now by a third company. He isn't buying anything new but will give good deals on what he has left. He said the system works very well but you could run into a problem with parts later on. I've narrowed my search down to the Motochello and the JMCB-2003K-DU https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail...=JMCB-2003K-DU. The J&M device gives me the CB and intercom which is what I really need. I can listen to the bike speakers for now if I want music.

Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...F5FY3KDB&psc=1

Check these out from Amazon. A friend of mine has them, and has used them on there Spyders for the past two years. I'm purchasing a pair this spring when I can get out to ride again.
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

If you want to route music to the MotoChello or the J&M, it can be done. I used the same audio output and cable intended for use with the Sena transmitter. I got the cable from Motorcycle Dave. See this thread for details.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black