Spyder Garage

Default The “2019 Where Did You Ride Today” Thread

Hi all,

Well it was 75 here in NorCal today and a beautiful day for riding. As I was coming home from Tilden Park/Grizzly Peak I started thinking and hoping that all the states that have had a brutal winter would thaw soon and folks could finally get on their bykes again. Then I thought it might be fun to have a thread you could share your ride as your Spyders exit their hibernation or a place to post your rides when you get out. There may be one of these threads already so I cheated and labeled mine 2019. Share if so inclined!

Here are 2 pics. One looking towards San Francisco and the other of the Carousel in Tilden Park. That one is special because my parents used to take me there when I was a 3-4 year old. That was a long time ago.

It’s been renovated lol. “Back in the day” it was an old wood structure that if you rode one of the horses on the outside edge you could grab a brass ring out of some dispenser every time you went around and try to throw it through a clowns mouth that was painted on the wall. They don’t let you do THAT anymore!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LeftCoast; 03-16-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

LibertyPoint.jpg Short ryde but maybe more later...Got the oil temps up and checked the air pressures and oil when we got back after about 20 myles of smyles!
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

We rode in the Snake Saturday parade in North Kansas City today. Sixteen Spyders from the Kansas City Spyder Ryders showed up to represent. It was a good time. It was a bit chilly riding in this morning though with temps in the high mid 20's.

Spyder Garage

To Connellsville yesterday in the high wind and 70 degrees.

Today just down the road in flurries.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Give me a couple weeks and then I will be able to report something.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Did the farthest ride so far today, not far, just across the city. It gets better each time. Now I feel as though I am steering the Spyder and not just aiming it. Also getting used to the motions I find strange after 67 years on two wheels.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome