Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The parking brake will not engage while driving if the button is pressed.

Not sure if that what you are referring too?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brerrabbit View Post
    We have a couple 2018 RTLs. We have seen this issue on both. When we push the button to release the parking brake, the indicator light will start flashing. Sometimes the brakes will release others times they will not. Pressing the button or holding the button pressed will not stop the flashing. I have to try to move the bike to see if brake is released.

The only way to get it to stop is the turn the key off for a few seconds then try again. Most of the time this will work on first attempt, never more than twice.

I have not looked to see if there is a code set while this is happening but will next time. I checked the brake fluid and added a teaspoon to each bike. Didn't solve the issue. I doesn't happen every time I try to release the brake , kind of intermittent.

Couldn't find anything in owner's manual or Service manual about this.

Any ideas?

=bob=
    It occurred to me yesterday. I bought this used 2016 F3-S yesterday. Rode it about 150 mls on Highway, (85 mls/h) Stopped on a rest area, wanted to continue riding after a 5 min break, Park break would not release. I ended up disconnecting the cable so I could continue riding (with light flashing and message"Park Break" on).
    Anyway: Today after my F3 cooled down over night it worked again. Not sure whether I should be happy or not. Could happen any time again.
    I will take her to the local Can Am workshop after this Easter weekend.
    To my knowledge checking the break fluid does not help because this park break is activated mechanically (by wire) and does not use the break fluid system at all, please correct me if I am wrong here.

Spyder Garage

Just happened to me. Sitting dead in down town Las Vegas. Waiting on a 12mm wrench. That’s one tool that will be added to my tool kit. Thanks for all the informative posts.
    2018 RT Limited White/Chrome.
    BlueSeaSky front & rear dash cam.
    USB plugs
    TechMount cellphone holder
    Squared Away laser alignment.
    BajaRon anti-sway bar and links.
    Dynojet
    Ceramic coated cat delete pipe

Spyder Garage

I think the EPB pulls to tight causing the brake to get in a bind. I took loose the pb at back wheel. Took it loose from the bracket and it works on and off every time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This problem needs to be addressed by BRP, I know of too many having this issue. If your dealer won’t start a case with BRP I suggest that you file a report on nhtsa.gov
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Reading about the lock up at 50mph is freighting! Do you know if the fronts, rear or both locked at 50mph. This has me thinking to permanently disconnecting the PB and buying a chock for holding the Y contraption when parked.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PopGun View Post
    Just be careful. Picked up my 2018 RT Limited in March. Had 8700 mile on it a a number of brake locking up while stopped. On Dec 2, it locked up at 50 mph. flipped and landed with the exhaust on my butt. Over $500,000 in hospital bills and still healing. No lawyer will take my case because this is the only case they can find with such problem.
    Your's is not the only case of one or more wheels locking up on the go.

Read the thread by Treva called Frightening: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...38-Frightening

Also this one by Harmony called Uncontrolled Braking: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...rolled-braking

There is one more that I read about someone quitting the Spyder community because his locked up and threw him off, very similar story to yours. I haven't been able to find that one again.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.