Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IMHO they are best of all worlds ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Only and always full face for me, my wife and son. I wear glasses as well.

J
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

we ride with our Sena Calvery his her, or Sena Momentum. we live in a helmet state, but travel west yearly have gone topless a little but the 1/2 calvary is mostly over my bald head
    2012 , java

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, a lot.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Bob Merry Christmas

Spyder Garage

I wear a full face helmet "Zox.

I do not wear glasses when I am riding.

It has a Integrated/ retractable sun shade. Which I use all the time.

Also, it is light weight, Chin curtain, Breath guard included.

Also it has a" Flip up" jaw that closely securely.

I have had the above helmet for 5 or 6 years.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

i hate them, heavy, hot, hearing and vision restrictive,
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

Guess i am the only one here that likes the Bell SRT modular series. For me it fits, quiet, good quality, not the lightest but far from the heaviest, etc. Many reasons to like a modular style helmet.

As far as the DOT, SNELL, etc. debate goes. I simply don't care. I feel I am better protected than any half, three quarter or in some States nothing while not compromising my comfort.

If I have to be uncomfortable while doing this.....then why in the heck am I doing it?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

What do the modular ones weight currently? I'm in the damaged neck category, and the heavy helmet syndrome not only makes me have pain, but stuff on my body goes numb and quits working!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    What do the modular ones weight currently? I'm in the damaged neck category, and the heavy helmet syndrome not only makes me have pain, but stuff on my body goes numb and quits working!
    i don't know actual weight but i tried a bell and a harley brand, they were both a lot heavier than the full face generic i wear sometimes in the winter , i couldn't stand either one, might be lighter ones out there but i'm not wasting any more money on them
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

I wear a Scorpion modular and love it! Light weight for a full helmet, integrated drop down sun shield (as well as the clear) that is the perfect level of sun protection, great ear speaker pockets, comfortable with glasses.... and got it at half price late in the season so it didn't cost me more than some of the cheap crapola ones.

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Been modular sinc the BMW System arrived ca 2000
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Guess i am the only one here that likes the Bell SRT modular series. For me it fits, quiet, good quality, not the lightest but far from the heaviest, etc. Many reasons to like a modular style helmet.

As far as the DOT, SNELL, etc. debate goes. I simply don't care. I feel I am better protected than any half, three quarter or in some States nothing while not compromising my comfort.

If I have to be uncomfortable while doing this.....then why in the heck am I doing it?
    I have the Bell SRT series and also really like it, tho I admit I bought it because of the color. I hd a Bell Revolver before and liked the way it fit.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

we ryde since 10 years - 50.000 miles with the GIVI Modular always the last modell - not so noise than most of the flip-ups - fast & easy to change the front .. together they fit in each small one-helmet case - would not change ..(this was the official BRP Can-Am helmet a time ago - called ST1)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I have a Scorpion EXO AT950 modular and really like it. I use it primarily for fall trips and cooler weather. I have a HJC IS33 II that is my summer touring lid. That said, I also use 1/2, 3/4 and full face helmets

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

As has been noted elsewhere, a modular is basically an open-face helmet with a hinged shield. I want the protection of a real chin bar.

Spyder Garage

I have the Fulmer Modular, you have to buy them in person so they can be fitted properly that way, not even sure they are even in business anymore with the no internet thing.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Modular for me. When I returned to riding motorcycles in 2000 after a 20 year hiatus I managed to get two Nolans as part of the deal. I tried on several different brands and sizes at the dealership and found the Nolan fit me better than any of them. I chose modular over full-face because none of the FF worked with wearing eye glasses. I have continued with modular on the Spyder when we got it in Oct. 2017.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Have you ever noticed that other than comfort, fit, and style, the only folks that can actually comment on a helmets performance (other than testing labs) are those that have been in the worst kind of accident where their melon actually hits something? I find it's also pretty hard to find an accurate weight of a helmet for the most part.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Martin Slovakia;1427308]Guys,
    ever since I have became spYder rYder I did have a modular helmet.
    This spring was the time when I have changed the Schuberth C3 Pro for new C4 Pro

How about you, do you rYde with modular or regular helmets.???

I have a full face helmet but it bothers my sunglasses when I wear them.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I have the Bell SRT series and also really like it, tho I admit I bought it because of the color. I hd a Bell Revolver before and liked the way it fit.
    I have the SRT as well. I don't like that it has no detents.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Have you ever noticed that other than comfort, fit, and style, the only folks that can actually comment on a helmets performance (other than testing labs) are those that have been in the worst kind of accident where their melon actually hits something? I find it's also pretty hard to find an accurate weight of a helmet for the most part.
    the helmets i think are heavy, some people wear and say they are comfortable, i don't think actual lbs counts for much, the bell revolver i had and harley brand modular were so heavy*to me*, that i couldn't ride for 30 minutes in comfort. it could be from riding for years with a half helmet , honestly if i were afraid of riding with a half helmet i wouldn't be riding anyway, for the most part a modular is a false sense of security anyway and this is JUST IN MY OPINION. i'e seen a few wrecks and known a lot of wreck victims and really don't know of any where a better helmet would have helped. again my opinion and only talking about people i personally know not internet searches.
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

And I loved my Bell Revolver. It was one of the most comfortable helmets I ever owned. I have been down twice resulting in Massive helmet damage and both times my head survived. Both Modular, The Bell Revolver, and an HJC, don't remember which one. I guess that's why there are so many different types.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    I wear a HJC FG Jet. It's a 3/4 face. The reason I like it: the shield coverage gets the entire face, down to the chin. I found that modulars and full face helmets didn't seem to provide as much space to peer out of that 3/4 and 1/2 helmets do. Most 3/4 and 1/2 helmets don't have the chin protection, but the Jet's shield goes down to the chin. My last get-off, the Spyder was totaled, the helmet was totaled, but I got away with broken ribs and a mild concussion. As soon as I decided to ryde again, I bought the exact same helmet.
    ~Sandee~
    I totally agree with Sandee's post on the 3/4 helmet! The visibility is so much better and is a high priority for me. The shield coverage of the entire face is something I like and there is nothing else in the way of my vision. It blocks the wind and flips up when needed. They are usually light and comfortable. I also wear glasses with no problem. Just my two cents.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Schuberth C4 modular

As soon as I saw the modular option I was hooked having had full face helmets all my life. While I don't ride with the chin bar open, I like the convenience of the chin opening when stopped. I am a "sometimes" glasses wearer and do find it easier to put them on.

As a side note, the full enclosure of the helmet is great in winter and when talking via bluetooth, but I haven't been able to work out how to get the mouthpiece for my camelbak into the "headspace".
    2017 RTL , White