Thread: Head Turner

Spyder Garage

Default Head Turner

Just wanted to share my excitement...I've had my Spyder, a 2012 RT Limited named Trixie, for about 3 weeks now, and the weather has just started getting a little better up here in the Pittsburgh area. So I'm finally able to get out...and have been looking for excuses to go riding, even if just on a ride around the neighborhood.

So I was out running and errand today at the pharmacy, and an employee came outside just to talk about the bike. Then, on the way home, I was stopped at a light, and a young couple that was out for a walk asked if they could take a pic of the bike, because they'd never seen anything like it. This things comes with it's own papparazzi!!

Does anybody else get this stuff happening when they are out riding? Makes it so much more fun!
    2012 RT , Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All the time

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Please share a picture or two when you can.

And...get used to being asked about your machine. You will meet a lot of new friends just by being out and about on the .

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not near like it was in 2008 when you had people taking pictures of you while going down the highway, following you for miles hoping you would stop for gas and having trouble getting out of a parking lot for the crowd gathered waiting for you to come out of the store. It still happens and it's a lot of fun. But seriously, it got somewhat annoying in the beginning.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not near like it was in 2008 when you had people taking pictures of you while going down the highway, following you for miles hoping you would stop for gas and having trouble getting out of a parking lot for the crowd gathered waiting for you to come out of the store. It still happens and it's a lot of fun. But seriously, it got somewhat annoying in the beginning.
    x2. I was the first sold in AK and we soon had a pair. 08 and 09 were lots of fun for us too.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

of course it happens, even now
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

I get a few complimentary comments from time to time too. It's sometimes nice to hear and I always try to be polite. But there are times when the inner me wants to let loose on an unsuspecting idiot who saunters over to me at the gas station and says "How do you like that machine?" Part of me wants to say "If I didn't like it, I wouldn't own it". Or, "I hate it. Do you want to buy it cheap?"...... But I hold my tongue and and let the curiosity seeker babble away. Geez, I'm getting synical in my old age...... But then all is right in the world when I pull back onto the road and ride. And I always get a big smile on my face..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder and to the spyder web. Dale

Spyder Garage

Yes this happens a lot. Not as much as at first but still often. Just be polite a smile. I like to ask them where theirs is.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

They are still reasonably rare here in Aus, so whenever a rider leaves their local area where all the neighbours know them, they pretty much get the rock-star treatment everywhere, even while ryding on the highways & by-ways & not just whenever/wherever you stop!

But all the attention really only adds some extra width to the 'miles of smiles' & the 'cat that got all the cream' type grins that most of us Spyder Ryders have plastered across our faces pretty much whenever we ryde! And the paparazzi & mobs of adoring fans only get bigger when there's a bunch of Spyders travelling together, and all that multiplies exponentially again when the adoring crowds see my co-pilot Max getting all kitted up, belted in, & wearing his Doggles ready for the next ryde! (See my Avatar pic)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-15-2019 at 11:38 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Oh yeah !!!

Still....it's referred to as that Rock Star feature along with the miles of smiles... Get used to it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I guess I must be too ugly for people to want to talk to me! I don't get asked very often at all!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The ones that make me laugh are the folks who ask me if I lane spilt when I’m riding in traffic.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Just did today at sheetz! Started to laugh when he saw me put Two Two liters of pop,bag of chips and some made to order food in the frunk.

In the 30's today with flurries -
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes, folks often ask about it when we stop just about anywhere. Even more so about my wife's helmet, which has the M&M's logo in matching yellow.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default yup!!

Isn't this what life is supposed to be all about???
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside