Spyder Garage

Default How do I adjust clutch?

The dealer said I would just need 17 mm and Allen wrenches. But once I insert alen wrench am I still holding the nut

Spyder Garage

Default Need more info....

from what I can see you have an older rs/gs/rss but is it the semi-automatic or the manual. Then why are you looking to adjust the clutch, what is it doing..?? If it is slipping it can be for a variety of reasons...Let us know so we can help....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NVERLAST1 View Post
    The dealer said I would just need 17 mm and Allen wrenches. But once I insert alen wrench am I still holding the nut
    While answering Chupaca's questions is going to be pretty important if you want to know any specifics about the job, the following is a brief idea of what's going on......

Generally, if you've been told you need those two implements for the task at hand, the 17mm spanner would be to 'hold' the lock-nut while the allen key does the adjusting. So YES, you are very likely to be still holding the nut once you insert the allen key.

But that 17mm nut is very likely going to be a 'lock-nut' that has been tightened down to stop the allen key thread from moving, so you probably need to first hold that thread with the allen key while you undo (or back off) the lock nut a little before you can carry on & do any of the necessary adjusting!!

And then once you've got the adjustment done correctly by holding with the spanner & adjusting with the allen key, you'll then once again need to hold the adjusted thread still & in the correct position with the allen key & tighten the nut down on the supporting metal to lock it all in place! Only then will the jkob be done!

Still, those answers requested will allow us to help with more than just generalities....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What is it doing that makes you think it needs an "adjustment" ?

Hydraulic clutches generally do not need to be "adjusted".

But worn master or slave pistons can cause the clutch to drag........and adjusting is not the way to fix that.