Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    Didn’t see those markings as it was getting dark. I’ll look tomorrow in daylight. The splines on the shaft and the arm are intact. Didn’t have any tools to loosen the bolt but it was tight. Looks like it may have just slipped off for some unknown reason,
    as when I attempted to push it on,it I was just barely able to get it to hold. Anyway, I’ll trailer it over to the dealer tomorrow.
    The bolt fits in a groove around the shaft. Pull the bolt all the way out and examin it for ware along its length. That ware is what allowed the arm to slide off the shaft. What’s left of the bolt is keeping the arm from sliding completely onto the shaft now.
    Good luck.
    Roger
    2014 ST-L

Spyder Garage

Arnie...Is there a tool kit under the saddle, like F3s have?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Arnie...Is there a tool kit under the saddle, like F3s have?
    In the frunk, but it was useless......
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Arnie did it several times on my wifes bike if you search the net you can find how to put back on. if I remember right it was a 7/16 wrench and a allan wrench cant remember the size, take bolt out of shaft and put it back on the out put shaft then it should shift to Neutral. take off the shaft and you may need to reposition it put bolt back in and tighten up. it is going to happen again so put wrenches in your pouch.

Spyder Garage

Yes, that was my original way of thinking about it when it happened. However, since it was towed under the BRP Roadside Assistance program, I left it at the dealer to be absolutely certain that there was nothing else wrong since it was/still under warranty.
    I was also scheduled to leave for Florida a few days afterwards to deal with some medical issues with my mother and did not have time to deal with it myself.
    So, I am still down in FL and the Spyder is still up North in Virginia
    Good idea on carrying those tools since the inclosed tool bag is sadly lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by on the fence View Post
    Arnie did it several times on my wifes bike if you search the net you can find how to put back on. if I remember right it was a 7/16 wrench and a allan wrench cant remember the size, take bolt out of shaft and put it back on the out put shaft then it should shift to Neutral. take off the shaft and you may need to reposition it put bolt back in and tighten up. it is going to happen again so put wrenches in your pouch.
    2014 ST-S Cognac

Spyder Garage

Question

Follow-up.

Still down south in Florida dealing with the medical issues involving my mother.

Received a call from the dealership yesterday advising me that the needed “parts” finally arrived for the repair. Still don’t know why all of these “parts” were needed to re-attach the shift lever, but that is a concern for the dealer and the warranty coverage. My rookie service advisor appears to still be learning the ropes, so I did not want to confuse him by asking too many questions.

He did advise that they would be completing the “repairs” this week and would call me when done.

When he does call, I will request verification that they would be able to store the Spyder either inside or covered up if left outside as it has always been garage kept and I would prefer it not to be left outside as I am still not certain when I will be leaving FL to go back to VA. This was assurance I received from the Service Manager.

I can also have it delivered back to my house when done if I could only convince my wife to co-operate and be available so they can drop it off in the driveway and push it back into the garage......however, she is another story.....
    2014 ST-S Cognac

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

sending for your Mom ….. sounds like the issue will be corrected ...…………….. Mike