Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake Lock for North American Rykers

If you are interested in adding the Parking Brake lock to the North American Ryker models here is the site to get information and order a unit. Check out www.slingmod.com. Use the tab noted for Rykers. They even have a video showing how to install it. Cost if about $30 with shipping. At least it will be better than not having a lock at all. Not sure if other vendors have reached out to Can Am for the part but Slingmod ordered them directly from BRP.

Spyder Garage

I've seen this too (as well as some discussion on the topic).

Am I the only one not really concerned? I mean, unless you know the machines, who would even know that lever is a parking brake?

A true "thief" is going to get what they want regardless, and someone "messing around" would likely not know to pull the lever anyway.

I thought about adding it, but then thought, would I ever actually lock it / do I really need to carry another key around? I think I'm gonna live on the edge and leave it stock (and apparently also tempt the fates by posting my thoughts on the topic).

Spyder Garage

I will agree with you, but for $25 and a quick install imma gonna get it..#TeamRyker

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker2112 View Post
    I've seen this too (as well as some discussion on the topic).

Am I the only one not really concerned? I mean, unless you know the machines, who would even know that lever is a parking brake?

A true "thief" is going to get what they want regardless, and someone "messing around" would likely not know to pull the lever anyway.

I thought about adding it, but then thought, would I ever actually lock it / do I really need to carry another key around? I think I'm gonna live on the edge and leave it stock (and apparently also tempt the fates by posting my thoughts on the topic).
    I agree in principal. For most this will never be needed. But not sure anyone can account for every possible situation. Anytime you're around children, curiosity can create some very surprising situations and consequences. And this is just one possibility. If you only needed it once, it might be well worth the effort. Might be better to have and not need than to need and not have.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I totally see your point. I am seeking just a bit of security when my husband and I go out touring and the unit is left in a parking lot at a hotel. The international Ryker products have the lock. It is just the North American ones that dont have the lock installed. With insurance the way it is— I am going to invest in the lock and know that when I leave it parked somewhere that the lock will serve at least as a deterant.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMHO The lock may serve as a visual deterrent, but I'm an old man and if I couldn't break it with my hand, I know I could with a little screw driver. I'm worried about breaking the handle by accident. cueman

Spyder Garage

I added the lock from *********. For $25 the piece of mind is worth it. If it wasn't a good idea it would not be on all the other non North American models or included on spyders
    Only takes about 15 - 30 minutes to install.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZRykerGal View Post
    If you are interested in adding the Parking Brake lock to the North American Ryker models here is the site to get information and order a unit. Check out www.slingmod.com. Use the tab noted for Rykers. They even have a video showing how to install it. Cost if about $30 with shipping. At least it will be better than not having a lock at all. Not sure if other vendors have reached out to Can Am for the part but Slingmod ordered them directly from BRP.
    If you order from their ebay store instead of the website, the lock is the same price, but ships for free. And EBates gives a 2% rebate for the ebay purchase.

Spyder Garage

Installed my lock today! Install was pretty easy, Thank you *********! #TeamRyker AA509149-CC63-4825-BA4B-CF73F0B7437C.jpg

Spyder Garage

I installed my lock yesterday. It was easy.

Spyder Garage

Well worth it for peace of mind, also like disc alarm