Spyder Garage

Default Ucomfortable corbin seat.

Any rt riders added Motorcycle Daves gel seat to corbin leather heated seat? How difficult is it and comfort level.

Spyder Garage

The only time I have ever ridden on a Corbin seat, it felt like a torture chamber after a couple of hours. I think you can add a gel pad to about any seat. My experience with a gel seat has also been iffy. It worked for one seat and didn't for the 2nd seat.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

I think your best solution is to seek out a MC seat customizer and have him tailor your saddle to your butt and cover it to your liking. It's a great way to go, trust me. I have had this done on previous bikes and will be taking my F3L to him for a better fit and have heat installed.
    Having had terrible experiences with Corbin and not liking their hard seats, I will have nothing to do with them.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hiebie View Post
    Any rt riders added Motorcycle Daves gel seat to corbin leather heated seat? How difficult is it and comfort level.
    Why not call Dave and ask him?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

about your take on the Corbin. People either like them or they hate them. I am on the like side and have had two and over 50K seat miles. PS. They never soften up...you always get that hard "supportive" feel.

Advice good above. Contact Dave...he does have a solution or two.

Seats are very personal.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I guess hard Corbin is redundant when it comes to motorcycle seats. My son had one on a Kawasaki Concours and hated it -- too hard.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I had a RS with the original barrel seat and replaced it with a Corbin. I ride with an Air Hawk and wear Moto-Skiveez under wear. I put 34k on the RS everything OK. I now have a new RT, I will put a Corbin seat on it. You will either like them or hate them. And as akspyderman says they never soften up.

Spyder Garage

MCDave IS very helpful, he's gone to great length's to help me via phone and email on some mods I've done.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hiebie View Post
    I've never enjoyed a Corbin seat myself, but people that I know who've loved them say that you have to ride in the seat a couple of thousand miles to break it in.
    Although firm, it will mold to your particular rear end and then it becomes comfortable.

Of course, as always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I had a Corbin on a Royal Star. In 35,000 miles it never broke in,but it sure broke my **s. When I got my Spyder the seat was only good for about 2 hours. I called MCDave got one of his gel seats and now that seat is good for all day. The Corbins are leather and harder too work with. I would call Dave and see what he has to say about putting a gel pad in. There are other things you can put on top of your seat to make it more comfortable. Good Luck and call Dave.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Call dave, he'll help you out, it's a cheap solution to try!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I had royal star before my spyder . The stock seat on star was very comfy for me seemed to cradle my bute. This corbin on my spyder is like sitting on a brick with no cushion or cradling. Have used different gel and foam cushions with some relive but still not what I need.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Corbin seats need to be made to fit you and ordering one online, hoping it will be comfortable doesn't work. Going to their factory and having it made to fit your. butt means you get a comfortable seat. I've had 5 seats and they're fantastic. My back loves them. Same thing with Russel Day Long seats and I'm pretty sure Ultimate seats should be made to fit.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Corbin seats need to be made to fit you and ordering one online, hoping it will be comfortable doesn't work. Going to their factory and having it made to fit your. butt means you get a comfortable seat. I've had 5 seats and they're fantastic. My back loves them. Same thing with Russel Day Long seats and I'm pretty sure Ultimate seats should be made to fit.
    Seat was added by previous owner. He was somewhat bigger than me. Maybe that is why it is not working for me. He put it on when the dealership was setting up the bike and put on 4 or 5 trips foe about 15000 miles before we bought it and he drive 5 or 600 miles a day with no problem.

Spyder Garage

A Corbin came on the GL1500 trike we had. Both of us absolutely hated it. We had a Diamond Custom seat we loved made to our measurements. We couldn't give away the Corbin. Got another Diamond with we got a GL1800 trike, and now we have another Diamond on our 2018 RTL.
    There are a bunch of places that will make a custom seat on a stock seat pan or modify an OEM saddle. (Might be out of place, but we have a 2018 RTL seat dirt cheap) Other saddle makers like Diamond or Hartco make their own seat pan. It may be slightly less expensive if the OEM pan is used, and it will be an exact fit, but if you're into riding season before it is finished you are without a seat for a while, and a truly built to your measurements might need a modified pan. (Gloria had the passenger area raised an inch and widened 3/4 inch on each side) Or you can go with an aftermarket off the shelf seat like Utopia, Mustang or Can Am Comfort seats.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue