Thread: LED indicators

Spyder Garage

Default LED indicators

Can anyone advise me where to locate the indicator/blinker relay on a 2017 F3-S. Want to go LED & remove the ugly rear OEM units. Thanks Treva.

Spyder Garage

I do not believe there is a relay. There are controlled by the ECM.... This is why it is so hard to add an additional flashing brake light. The turn signal/brake light circuits are controlled by the computer and can't be separately controlled without and add-in controller....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

If you are adding additional lights you can "teach" the ECU the new circuit. Method:

Should your blinkers go into Hyper-flash, you can try the following procedure to fix this.
    1. Turn the bike on.
    2. Hold down the hazard light switch on for 30-45 seconds.
    3. Turn the hazards off and put the right signal on and turn the bike off right after the first blink on the blinker.
    4. Repeat the same process for the left side.
    5. on my 2016 this worked to fix my horn problem by beeping horn on step 3 instead of putting on signals. Prior to that fix, sometimes my audio would go haywire when I beeped my modified horn setup.

>CLICK ME<

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    I do not believe there is a relay. There are controlled by the ECM.... This is why it is so hard to add an additional flashing brake light. The turn signal/brake light circuits are controlled by the computer and can't be separately controlled without and add-in controller....
    So that's the reason I couldn't find it. I'll install the new LED rear blinkers, change out the front incandescent bulbs for LED bulbs [built in resistors] & see what happens. Thanks hypurone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    If you are adding additional lights you can "teach" the ECU the new circuit. Method:

Should your blinkers go into Hyper-flash, you can try the following procedure to fix this.
    1. Turn the bike on.
    2. Hold down the hazard light switch on for 30-45 seconds.
    3. Turn the hazards off and put the right signal on and turn the bike off right after the first blink on the blinker.
    4. Repeat the same process for the left side.
    5. on my 2016 this worked to fix my horn problem by beeping horn on step 3 instead of putting on signals. Prior to that fix, sometimes my audio would go haywire when I beeped my modified horn setup.

>CLICK ME<

Thank you Rattlebars, I'll give it a go if I run into any problems.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Waldo, is this you on the Spyder side? If not, sorry for the inquiry, just looks like your good tech stuff.
    Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    So that's the reason I couldn't find it. I'll install the new LED rear blinkers, change out the front incandescent bulbs for LED bulbs [built in resistors] & see what happens. Thanks hypurone.
    Unless both front and rear LED's that you are adding have resistors, you will most likely get the hyperflash problem. I did, and even using the method posted above, I could not get them to flash evenly on both sides! I got it working ONCE! But then when the key was cycled it all went to ^@&*. Then it was one side or the other but never both again. I am not a fan of resistors so I bailed on the LED's and went with brighter incandescent units along with my flashing LED brake/tail light bar.... Best of luck to you!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Waldo, is this you on the Spyder side? If not, sorry for the inquiry, just looks like your good tech stuff.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Unless both front and rear LED's that you are adding have resistors, you will most likely get the hyperflash problem. I did, and even using the method posted above, I could not get them to flash evenly on both sides! I got it working ONCE! But then when the key was cycled it all went to ^@&*. Then it was one side or the other but never both again. I am not a fan of resistors so I bailed on the LED's and went with brighter incandescent units along with my flashing LED
    brake/tail light bar.... Best of luck to you!
    Spyderpops board sponsor has something...
    >CLICK ME<

You can add some very bright blinkers in the back with the instructoins here: >CLICK ME<
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey