Spyder Garage

Question Sat nav - how does it wire up on a Ryker?

Hi Ryker Riders. Does anyone know how to wire a sat nav onto Ryker I want to get cable down from h/ bars to battery in front service cover ? Regards Nico75
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Added Title

Spyder Garage

I've not seen any videos on this. Everybody that has linked things to the battery (upgraded horn, fog lights & underglow lights) never ran the wires to the handlebars. Sorry.

Spyder Garage

I typically use the cell phone (if needed) for navigation with voice prompts through the Sena headset. IF I feel I need the screen, just put it on a RAM mount instead of leaving it in pocket. I can't personally see a need for a dedicated GPS at this point. There are apps like "Here" that if I recall properly was free and lets you download offline maps if concerned about cell coverage.

That said, I haven't specifically looked at how I "would" route wires, but it can't be terribly difficult through some creative use of zip ties and maybe some wire loom / mesh to keep things looking tidy.

Spyder Garage

I wired by Garmin in by following the factory wiring to the handlebars. You have to take the color panels off, storage compartmen door,storage compartment, and cover under the handlebars and the fuel door will come off. I then just followed along the factory wiring for the most part.

Spyder Garage

I wired up some heated gear and I installed the Handguard Lights. I'd sort of combine these two installs to run the wire from the battery thru the left side panel (which you need to remove) and then thru the upper fairing (which you also need to remove, more difficult) where you can snake wires thru the small opening there where the other stock wires (plus the handguard lighting wires) run thru to the handlebars where you could mount the GPS.

2019-03-13_13-20-48.jpg

2019-03-13_13-29-57.jpg

Anyways, I think this will work.
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

I have now done the same , with great help from Grandson ( electrician ) regards Nico75