Spyder Garage

Default Much rather change spark plugs on the Ryker than a f3

Spyder Garage

I got about 5 minutes into the video without even seeing the tryke. I bailed. heh-heh.

Spyder Garage

That's scary I mean really scary

Spyder Garage

I saw that the day it was posted. He did say this morning that removing the trunk and front panels was to work on the radiator leak. Way too many panels to remove for simple maintenance items. Hope the Ryker is easier to change spark plugs on.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

I just got my 2016 RT Limited back from being serviced by my Dealer yesterday, ( Virgil Naff Kawasaki, in Lynchburg, Virginia.). I had the Spark Plugs replaced, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Transmission Filter, both head light bulbs, ( one was out, so I had both replaced), , and had my Fog Light switch replaced under Waurentee, plus Oil and Filter changed. My Spyder had 31,000 miles on it, and I had the Dealer save all of the old parts so I could look at them for future servicing intervals.
    The Spark Plugs looked clean, and almost new. They are Iridium, so they very well could have gone many more miles, but I wanted fresh Plugs along with the other items while the Dealer had it. It has been real cold weather here, so it was a good time for down time. The Dealer was swamped with Service work, but this Dealer gives preferential treatment for Spyders, and their Service Techs are well trained and tenured employees. The Service Manager’s Name is “ Kenney”, who was there when I bought my first new 2012 RT Limited from them in Jan. 2012. He is still there, as is his his same Can-Am Mechanic that has always treated me with the utmost respect . I have to drive 50 miles to get there, which is a shame, consdidering Star City Motor Sports is only 5 miles away, but I prefer to be treated like Royalty by Virgil Naff employees, as opposed to being treated like dirt and lied to by Star’s Service Dept. if Virgil Naff was not a Can-Am Dealer, I’d sell my Spyder if I stayed in this area, as getting a Spyder serviced would be too much of a hassle. By the way, my Transmission Filter looked real dirty and black, in spite of my having used Mobil One 10/40W Motorcycle full Synthetic Racing Oil since the 1st 3000 mile service. So BRP’s 28,000 Tranny Filter Service recommendation is realistic. As for my Air Filter, I held it up to the light, and it did not look dirty. I could still see lots of light, so I would not worry about over shooting servicing on my Air Filter. The Fuel Filter is Metal, so couldn’t check for dirt, but I also wanted it changed while they had all the Tupperware off. So, I now should be good for awhile with out needing Service, and won’t have to worry about being down for the Summer , like I was from June thru Sept. Last year, when Star City had my Spyder held up for Sprocket replacement on Waurentee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith8695 View Post
    I saw that the day it was posted. He did say this morning that removing the trunk and front panels was to work on the radiator leak. Way too many panels to remove for simple maintenance items. Hope the Ryker is easier to change spark plugs on.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Hello fellow Roanoker.... Drove past Star City to purchase my Ryker from Virgin Naff as well. Great people to work with, and went well out of their way to help me out! Absolutely worth the drive (plus it made for a nice first ride home).

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    I just got my 2016 RT Limited back from being serviced by my Dealer yesterday, ( Virgil Naff Kawasaki, in Lynchburg, Virginia.). I had the Spark Plugs replaced, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Transmission Filter, both head light bulbs, ( one was out, so I had both replaced), , and had my Fog Light switch replaced under Waurentee, plus Oil and Filter changed. My Spyder had 31,000 miles on it, and I had the Dealer save all of the old parts so I could look at them for future servicing intervals.
    The Spark Plugs looked clean, and almost new. They are Iridium, so they very well could have gone many more miles, but I wanted fresh Plugs along with the other items while the Dealer had it. It has been real cold weather here, so it was a good time for down time. The Dealer was swamped with Service work, but this Dealer gives preferential treatment for Spyders, and their Service Techs are well trained and tenured employees. The Service Manager’s Name is “ Kenney”, who was there when I bought my first new 2012 RT Limited from them in Jan. 2012. He is still there, as is his his same Can-Am Mechanic that has always treated me with the utmost respect . I have to drive 50 miles to get there, which is a shame, consdidering Star City Motor Sports is only 5 miles away, but I prefer to be treated like Royalty by Virgil Naff employees, as opposed to being treated like dirt and lied to by Star’s Service Dept. if Virgil Naff was not a Can-Am Dealer, I’d sell my Spyder if I stayed in this area, as getting a Spyder serviced would be too much of a hassle. By the way, my Transmission Filter looked real dirty and black, in spite of my having used Mobil One 10/40W Motorcycle full Synthetic Racing Oil since the 1st 3000 mile service. So BRP’s 28,000 Tranny Filter Service recommendation is realistic. As for my Air Filter, I held it up to the light, and it did not look dirty. I could still see lots of light, so I would not worry about over shooting servicing on my Air Filter. The Fuel Filter is Metal, so couldn’t check for dirt, but I also wanted it changed while they had all the Tupperware off. So, I now should be good for awhile with out needing Service, and won’t have to worry about being down for the Summer , like I was from June thru Sept. Last year, when Star City had my Spyder held up for Sprocket replacement on Waurentee.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks .....

Thanks for the link.... Wow!! in the early years the complaint was on the forward plug on the twins. This is a whole different game ...good luck you all after tossing the airbox on the RS I can change the plugs in a half hour....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

007james & Ryker2112: Glad to hear good things about Virgil Naff. Fortunately only live 20 miles from them. Been stopping by their dealership many times over the past few months talking about ordering a F3-S SS. Have purchased motorcycles from them in the past and I believe they will be the dealer I deal with for my first Spyder.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Starting to smell like a group ride in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    007james & Ryker2112: Glad to hear good things about Virgil Naff. Fortunately only live 20 miles from them. Been stopping by their dealership many times over the past few months talking about ordering a F3-S SS. Have purchased motorcycles from them in the past and I believe they will be the dealer I deal with for my first Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I always ride Solo. I like to go where I want, when I want to, and have about 6 different Loops I always ride, lastiig from one hour to 3 hours, shortest 60 miles, longest, 135 miles. I have been riding those same Loops for the last 8 years, and between my two Spyders, and my occassional Harley ride, I have logged a total of 94,000 miles on those same Loops! Now that’s a lot of Oil Changes and Service for Star City to pass up and ignore, let alone loose Sales. I test rode a Sling Shot there last Summer, and actually liked it, and might have bought one. But common sense kicked in, over temporary emotions, and I thought, Hech, if I have to suck up to their Service Dept. to even get a simple oil change on a $30,000 Spyder I bought from them, that takes 2-3 weeks leed time to even get an Appointment, then all of those Gizmoes hanging under that Sling Shot would hold me Hostage to Star until I begged for an oil Change! No thanks! I passed on the Sling Shot and bought a Harley, that I can change my own Oil. I even gave Star a shot at servicing my Harley, and bought new tires from them, and had them install, before they pushed me under a Bus, and told me to come take my Harley out of their Shop after they held me up , feeding me B.S. , and charging more Money to not fix a simple repair, that The Harley Dealer took care of immediately, after retrieving it on their Trailer from Star,...AFTER I called in my VISA to pay Star $40O for declining to finish their Dignosed Job.
    As for hooking up with Spyder Riders, if you feel the need for Commraderie, I always cruise up the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Peaks of Ottor Lodge and Restaurant , which is about 25 miles North of Roanoke, in the warmer weather, there are usually quite a few Bikers from all over there, chilling and swapping War stories. Spyders are quite scarce to meet on the Parkway, but I do meet and greet them some times, when We cross paths. Good Luck with your Ryker! But not to worry, as Virgil Naff will take good care of you.
    007James

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker2112 View Post
    Starting to smell like a group ride in the making.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze