Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
Is a AGM battery compatible with a 2013 RTL?? Looks like I got ccarried away>
No Problem. My long time battery charger was just a Sears 2a/10a 30 dollar charger. Looking at the curves in a charger manual, an AGM battery will have a slightly different charging rate over time profile than a typical flooded cell battery, and definitely different than a gel cell battery. Thus, a good micro-processor battery charger will have settings for all three, plus possibly even for a marine battery, and include a maintaining / desulfation mode. The Yuasa battery that comes standard in your Spyder was, in fact, an AGM battery. This whole conversation here is pretty much a battle of opinions. There were two service bulletins, one in 2011 and another in 2012, regarding the battery. I found them in the back of my Green Manual. Neither of them was telling dealers NOT to use a -BS battery. Rather, they were reminding dealers that, even though the battery in new units came pre-filled with acid and was showing a voltage output, that they still needed an initial charge first. BRP was calling the battery "activated", even though it had ONLY been filled. The initial charge, however, was NOT being done at the factory. Terminology issue. The bulletins then explained how to do that. So, in actuality, the dealers themselves were doing the so called "factory activation" on new Spyder batteries. With the proper charger and your ability to read and following instructions, you are completely qualified and should feel comfortable doing an initial activation and charge on the Yuasa -BS battery. And the advantage is that you can buy it when it's on sale and keep it dry, only activating it when you need it.