Spyder Garage

Default 2019 Spyder RT Ltd - no battery access panel in frunk

Hi everyone,
    Has anyone who purchased a 2019 RT Ltd got a battery access panel fitted in the frunk?
    I have none as can be seen from this photo and was advised that it did not come with the Spyder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Brand new ????? I be at the dealers door step. Leakage and wetness will occure.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Many thanks for the reply Lew L. It’s only a new dealer and he told me they have all come in without the battery access panel. They are good people and are learning about the Spyder and very enthuastic but say there’s definitely no battery access panel on the 2019 RT.

Spyder Garage

Check your owners manual and if it shows a battery cover than the dealer needs to get it for you.

Spyder Garage

Here is my 2018 RTL. Looks to me like you need the battery cover. I have mounted my Fuse block to this cover. and routed the wires through the grommet hole.
    FZ-1 Wiring Location.jpg
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Many thanks for the helpful comments and photo. I am going back to my dealer and asking him to contact BRP about it. Really appreciate all your assistance - such a great forum of helpful people.

Spyder Garage

Has to be a cover.
    My owners manual states to remove the battery access panel. You should have one!

"NOTICE Follow the instructions provided with your battery charger. Improperchargingmaydamagethe battery. To charge the battery, proceed as follows: 1. Open the front storage compartment. 2. Remove the battery access panel. 3. First connect the RED (+) cable to thecorrespondingterminal. 4. Connect the BLACK (-) cable to the correspondingterminal. NOTICE Always connect the RED (+)cablefirsttoavoiddamagingthe electricalsystemofthevehicle."
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silversurfer1 View Post
    Many thanks for the helpful comments and photo. I am going back to my dealer and asking him to contact BRP about it. Really appreciate all your assistance - such a great forum of helpful people.
    { would call BRP_customer service, [f dealer is to lazy to do it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silversurfer1 View Post
    Many thanks for the reply Lew L. It’s only a new dealer and he told me they have all come in without the battery access panel. They are good people and are learning about the Spyder and very enthuastic but say there’s definitely no battery access panel on the 2019 RT.
    Just because "all of the 2019's don't have the cover" doesn't mean that the factory hasn't made a mistake by leaving them off.

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much everyone for all that information. My dealer is a new guy but very enthuastic and I would have great confidence in him to sort it out once he knows that the battery access panel has to come with the Spyder. Again thank you so much for all your help and to “bluewoo” for quoting the owners manual instructions.

Spyder Garage

The parts diagram for your Spyder, 09-Storage Compartments Front, shows a Battery Cover Ass'Y, #820, PN 705004628, that includes two 3/4" Velcro washers, #820a, PN 293740028. Pic #830, PN 250000767 Torx Truss Screw, Qty 2, are the screws that are needed to secure the Battery Cover. Your picture shows two paint stripes over the holes for the Torx Truss Screws, obviiously painted during assembly, why I don't know, but you definitely need that Battery Cover Ass'Y and the washers and screws installed by the dealer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much JayBros and Highwayman2013 for all that very helpful information. I have asked my dealer to contact BRP about the missing battery access panel and when I hear back from him I will post it here.

Spyder Garage

Do not ride in the rain until you get the cover or your trunk will fill with wet road debris. That cover is not cosmetic, the battery area is exposed to road water from the tires and suspension components. Without the cover it will all come inside the trunk. Have seen this first hand on customers bikes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thank you jcthorne for the good advice. I will wait until my dealer gets the cover and installs it before I ride it. Thanks again for all the help to everyone.

Spyder Garage

Our 2019 has the cover and our dealer even pointed it out to let us know if was a battery access panel.