Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

OK, some of the advice posts here are really confusing for a new Spyder owner, and might cause someone to buy something that won't work for them. I just barely avoided that.

I have a new 2018 RT Limited. Based on the thread answers here to my OP question (where I said I had a 2018 RT Limited ), I had already ordered the Hopnel 2-piece trunk set. They work fine with my 2018 RT Limited. I also ordered the Bestem side bags, because I had Bestem's on my previous MC and liked the quality of them. They work fine on my 2018 Limited also.

The problem is the recommendations for me to get the Hopnel Frunk bag. I went to order it online today, and LUCKILY I went to a site (J&P) that uses a "Click here to make sure the product will work with your motorcycle". I selected all the possible 2018 RT's (3 of them) and they ALL said "NO...it won't fit your motorcycle". So I activated the chat function to ask a sales rep there, and they said the Hopnel Frunk bag (the 1500) only fits 2014's and earlier.

So I went back and looked at the posts in this thread recommending I buy the Hopnel Frunk bag. You all seem to own 2014 and earlier RT's. Unless J&P is wrong about the Hopnel Frunk bag, you are giving new 2018 RT owners bad advice.

Which one is it?
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

FalconAF

I have the full set of luggage that has never been used and I am selling it if you are interested

PM me if you are
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

From years of bivvy camping and in tents, a Bunkhouse motorcycle camper, and now a 5th wheel toy hauler we have accumulated many ditty bags, duffel and (mostly) waterproof dry sacks. We choose the bags we pack for each trip depending on what we are taking for that journey. Much more flexible than luggage dedicated to each space.

BTW, there is a YouTube video by CowtownUSAInc from 2014 comparing an RTL and a GL1800 trike conversion. It is painfully obvious they are playing up the Spyder over the Wing. One of the points is luggage - they imply the Spyder has better carrying space, but they try to fit a full set of 2014 RTL luggage (frunk bag with wheels, 2 side case bags and 2 rear trunk bags) in a Goldwing trike. For some reason the bags fit easily in the RTL, but not in the Honda. They also just say they are bags, no mention that they are OEM made to fit the Spyder.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

I saw that video - kinda comical actually. Admittedly, having looked at some 'Wing trikes, it seems the trunk is a bit smaller than the combined side bags it replaces, but it's not THAT bad.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I have a 2021 spyder RT and looking for side luggage. The price is similar for two Hopnel bags or two Can Am OEM bags #219400971. Has anyone compared the difference. OEM is hard to pass up for similar price and both get decent reviews here and on Amazon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    I have a 2021 spyder RT and looking for side luggage. The price is similar for two Hopnel bags or two Can Am OEM bags #219400971. Has anyone compared the difference. OEM is hard to pass up for similar price and both get decent reviews here and on Amazon.
    The number you give is for a comfort seat on BRP website. Two Hopnel saddle bag liners are about 52.00 or 26.00 each depending on where you look.

Now if you're looking for hard sided luggage I cant comment on that.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Oops. The # is 219400172 from can am shop. Have heard the soft sided luggage actually expands a bit for more storage than the hard sides, plus the hard side is much more expensive. Hopnel is popular but OEM looks good also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Oops. The # is 219400172 from can am shop. Have heard the soft sided luggage actually expands a bit for more storage than the hard sides, plus the hard side is much more expensive. Hopnel is popular but OEM looks good also.
    That does look good if it fits. It states 2013 and prior, not sure what if any difference there is between the older and newer spyders. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

My impression is the side boxes haven't changed too much??? but it's hard to get info on the 20-21s concerning this. The soft bags of course work best as they are somewhat moldable.