Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T. Warranty

I have a 2017 RTS. Looking for the best price for the B.E.S.T. warranty. Who’s bought one recently? Where did you buy it? How much?

TIA, John

Spyder Garage

I received a quote of $671 for 2 years from Bert’s Mega Mall. I tried three other dealers and they were much higher. The fourth local dealer I called matched Bert’s price and I got it from them. I then received an email from the dealer giving my start and end date for the two years. I was also supposed to receive a card. I called BRP about the card and they said it would take up to six weeks to receive the card. This was in late December and I’m still waiting.��
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

$671 for 3 years from Dr Powersports in Cedar Rapids, IA.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

$671 for 3 years - Sierra Cycles in AZ

My local dealer wanted $1,299
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I got the same price Quote from Sierra , i.e. THREE years, @ $671. Bert’s was higher. my preferred Dealer didn’t seem interested in getting in to the competitive quoting game, so never quoted their price after I asked. So, looks like I will go with Sierra if I decide to do it, but I have not decided yet. I have until late Aug. to decide if I want to gamble $671 against not needing to use the Insurence against my projected future mileage of 30,000 miles, i.e. 10,000 miles per year. So far, my first 30,000 miles has only used the Factory Waurentee on the Sprocket and Fog Light Switch failure. ( which failed again after the first Dealer fixed it.)

t
    Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    $671 for 3 years - Sierra Cycles in AZ

My local dealer wanted $1,299
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Just purchased mine last week from Sierra Cycles. $671 for three years. Took 10 minutes, over the phone. Local wanted $1000 and would not budge. All they need is your VIN, credit card, and email address to send you a receipt and a copy of the warranty contract.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Just purchased mine last week from Sierra Cycles. $671 for three years. Took 10 minutes, over the phone. Local wanted $1000 and would not budge. All they need is your VIN, credit card, and email address to send you a receipt and a copy of the warranty contract.
    Does the extended warranty start at that point where the factory one ends? Thus giving you 5 years of coverage? It is the B.E.S.T. warranty, correct?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Does the extended warranty start at that point where the factory one ends? Thus giving you 5 years of coverage? It is the B.E.S.T. warranty, correct?
    Yes, it starts the day your factory warranty ends, and goes 3 years beyond, thus giving you 5 years total. Yes it is the B.E.S.T warranty.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Yes, it starts the day your factory warranty ends, and goes 3 years beyond, thus giving you 5 years total. Yes it is the B.E.S.T warranty.
    Thanks. My dealer would not budge from $1200, so he loses to Sierra Cycles.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

may be a dumb question??? but If I buy a warranty at a particular dealer...do I have to have my work done there?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yeochips View Post
    may be a dumb question??? but If I buy a warranty at a particular dealer...do I have to have my work done there?
    No, you can have work done at any Spyder dealer.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I am an advocate for Sierra Cycles. I believe they are one of the good guys and it's good to see they are getting a wide-ranging reputation. Just wish they were closer. FYI..... Many years ago, (45+) I was the Finance and Insurance Manager (F&I) at a large new car dealership. My income was derived from "selling" Undercoating, Life/Disability Insurance and Extended Warranties while completing financing for customers. I was the guy you hated to deal with when trying to get that new car purchase completed. I don't recall all the details of income that the dealership received but I do remember that I personally got 40% of the cost of warranties. May be different today..... But maybe not. It is a VERY profitable part of the dealers business..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

You must purchase it before your original warranty expires. No need to rush on the purchase since you have a new bike IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Thanks. My dealer would not budge from $1200, so he loses to Sierra Cycles.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    You must purchase it before your original warranty expires. No need to rush on the purchase since you have a new bike IMO.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

I purchased my B.E.S.T warranty in 2016 before the manufactured warranty ran out. Also I paid $700 from a dealership, and it expires this year.

I have not used the B.E.S.T. warranty.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I purchased my B.E.S.T warranty in 2016 before the manufactured warranty ran out. Also I paid $700 from a dealership, and it expires this year.
    I have not used the B.E.S.T. warranty.
    Deanna
    This is typical as extended warranties cover the "dormant" period for problems, called a "bathtub curve." Picture a bathtub in profile, with a flat bottom and inclined ends. One end is when the product is new and problems are likely to occur, decreasing with time. The flat bottom is that period that the extended warranty covers and problems are least likely to happen. The other sloping end is after the extended warranty ends and the probability of problems increases.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I received a quote of $671 for 2 years from Bert’s Mega Mall. I tried three other dealers and they were much higher. The fourth local dealer I called matched Bert’s price and I got it from them. I then received an email from the dealer giving my start and end date for the two years. I was also supposed to receive a card. I called BRP about the card and they said it would take up to six weeks to receive the card. This was in late December and I’m still waiting.��

Hey JKMSPYDER.

We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received your BEST card.

Could you kindly send us an email to brp.care@brp.com or give us a call at 1-888-272-9222. Please be sure to provide us with your unit's VIN# as well as, mention your username and this forum, and we will be happy to look into your case.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards.

Anne-BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I am an advocate for Sierra Cycles. I believe they are one of the good guys and it's good to see they are getting a wide-ranging reputation. Just wish they were closer. FYI..... Many years ago, (45+) I was the Finance and Insurance Manager (F&I) at a large new car dealership. My income was derived from "selling" Undercoating, Life/Disability Insurance and Extended Warranties while completing financing for customers. I was the guy you hated to deal with when trying to get that new car purchase completed. I don't recall all the details of income that the dealership received but I do remember that I personally got 40% of the cost of warranties. May be different today..... But maybe not. It is a VERY profitable part of the dealers business..... Jim
    You were one of "those guys" that I have mentioned when trying to give advice to those making a purchase and getting the best OTD price. Have been saying there is a lot to play with when it comes to negotiations for "extras."

Thank you for posting. Many things to "fluff up" the profit going on. Warranty prices will surely vary...but the BEST is still the best...IMO. Dealers DO have to make a profit in order to stay in business and keep the customers serviced. But...that's another subject for another time.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-13-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well, another happy camper here with Sierra Cycles in AZ. I emailed them on Tuesday with my 2016 F3-Ltd VIN and mileage info as the factory warranty runs out in August. I had purchased a 2016 model in 2017. David Levitt emailed my back later that day with a quote of $670 for a 3-year B.E.S.T. warranty from BRP. It starts when the factory one runs out in August. Yup, snatched that up.
    For those of you in Florida wondering about buying a warranty from out of state, you can do it and it will still be honored in Florida. When I had my Kawasaki C-14, (Florida purchase) I purchased (2) 3-year warranties (total of 9 years, awesome bike) from a dealership in Virginia. This was a warranty directly from Kawasaki. I did use it once to replace the ABS unit and I didn’t have any trouble with the claim. Many people say that you can’t do this. The kicker is, an out of state company cannot solicit you to sell you a policy (no license for Florida), but, you, can contact an out of state company to purchase a warranty. A technicality, but it works.
    I called my local dealer (a good one) to get a comparison price as it’s the same price throughout Florida (regulated pricing). I was quoted $1,200 for a 2-year warranty up to $2,000 for a 5-year warranty. These would all be through an independent insurance company, not BRP. He claimed that it covered better than the B.E.S.T. warranty. I said thank you and let it drop. Even having to pay the deductible, the few times I may use it out ways the much higher price in Florida. Just though I would share this info for others in Florida who have asked this question.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

Always Young - thanks for sharing this information. I am also in FL and my dealer in Tampa quoted me $1800 for the 3-year B.E.S.T. extended warranty. I told them no thanks. Will contact Sierra Cycles this week. Your post is much appreciated.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Just purchased 3/28/2019 a 3 year BEST Warranty from Jaycox Powersports in Worthington, Mn for $650.00.

Spyder Garage

Looks like we are witnessing Capitalism in action! Makes me wonder what the actual maximum Cost the Insurence Company charges Dealers. It appears Dealers can set their own Mark Up, or even provide the Policy at Cost to their Loyal Customers, hoping to promote Good Will and Advertising for their Dealerships. Just looking and comparing the comparisons of B.E.S.T. Quotes by Members of this Forum, it becomes obvious to be able to sort out the Stealers from the Dealers. I would think that sharp Dealers would provide Spyder Owners and potential Buyers with the cheapest price on the Extended Waurentee possible, hoping to get future Sales and Service on Spyders , Sea Craft, and ATVs. And Stealers would pad every Sale to the Max., in order to make an extra Buck while the window of opportunity is open. The only other possibility I conjecture, is why Stealers quote the Max they can get for the Extended Waurentees, is, because they HOPE their Service Customers do NOT buy the Extended Waurentees, because then, they have to become Insurence Negociators, and document every thing they did, and become the go Between, the Customer and the Insurence Company, acting like Referees in a Boxing or MMI Fight! Plus, they have to work at reduced Margins on Parts & Labor, as set forth by the Insurence Co. So Dealers that know they will be doing the Servicing to the Spyders insured, would much rather Service uninsured Vehicles, where they have the least Hassel and higher Margins. The Dealers that sell the Insurence Policies, knowing that it won’t be they, who will be servicing the Spyders, are satisfied to make a minimum Mark up, on the Policies, in return for the free Advertising, and recognition accross the Country for their Insurence Policy Sales. At least, that’s how I am unwapping the differences in Quotes. Any other opinions, or am I becoming a Conspiracy Theory observer?

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    Just purchased 3/28/2019 a 3 year BEST Warranty from Jaycox Powersports in Worthington, Mn for $650.00.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

We purchased the B.E.S.T. when we bought our 2 spyder rt-s' in 2014. I believe it expires this year. Am I able to purchase another B.E.S.T. warranty for each spyder? Are they additive?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark