Spyder Garage

Cool RT Fog Light Switch

I have a 2016 RT-S. The fog light switch is very stiff to toggle after winter storage.

How easy is it to remove the switch for maintenance or replacement? Can it be easily popped out of the panel?

What is the best procedure to accomplish it with minimal damage?

Thanks.
    Dave

Spyder Garage

I would give it a LITTLE bit of contact cleaner and try working it.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thanks RICZ for the reply. That was my intention but I can't get to the guts when it's in the dash panel.

I can blindly spray under the front and back of the paddle but I don't think I'm getting into the switch mechanism. I have been working the toggle back and forth but it makes a snappy sound.

Thanks again for the help,

Spyder Garage

I'm not all that familiar with Spyders - yet. Is the switch in question included into the left side control perch? If so, it should come apart easily and then the problem switch is easily accessed.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

The switch will easily pop or is easy to pull out of the dash panel but is not easy to separate from the socket.
    There is a very hefty socket that the switch plugs into. The socket is floating on the end of a cable bundle.
    That is to say, the socket is not fixed in place so the issue is how do you plug the switch back in to the socket if you pull the switch all the way out.
    Its best to pull some tupperware and have access to the switch and the socket/cable bundle.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Why would you EVER turn off the fogs ? People on this site spend hundreds to add light to their Spyder, all claiming
    for increased "safety". Be seen and be safe... etc... I mostly agree with that. I have never had an occasion where
    having my fogs lit up made me less visible. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

4Marie: I guess I could leave the fog lights on all the time, which I usually do. It just bugs me that the switch is not working right.

Spyder Garage

I have the same issue, did you get any feedback

Spyder Garage

Had same problem with wife's. I just popped it out and replaced it without taking off any Tupperware. Easier then most repairs.
    2013 RT Limited , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Handypeople View Post
    Had same problem with wife's. I just popped it out and replaced it without taking off any Tupperware. Easier then most repairs.
    Could you explain in more detail on "just how you popped it out" without removing Tupperware??? I need to do my air ride switch...THANK YOU, larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Handypeople View Post
    Glad I'm not alone with this. I flipped the switch ON all the time as someone advised but I still want to replace it now that my riding season started here in Ohio. Detailed procedure to remove switch and not lose the the connector would sure help.