Spyder Garage

Default 6 year warranty, lifetime for engine and transmission

I am buying a Ryker Rally and was given an option for an extended warranty for around $1200. The deductible is $50, but is $300 after the 6 years for the lifetime on engine and tranny. Has anyone purchased this warranty? Trying to see if this is a good deal. I think it probably is for the lifetime of the engine and tranny. I am exited and can’t. I have test driven one and it was a blast. I had a deposit on a Slingshot, almost bought it but couldn’t test drive because of the weather. I am glad I didn’t because as soon as I saw the Ryker and told the dealer I was not buying the Slingshot.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never heard of a 6 year. The longest I have heard is 4. Is this through BEST? If its just through the dealership may not be a good idea.

Spyder Garage

Daniel...Is it a BRP warranty or third party? You want to avoid third party ones. Too many of those "go out of business" only to pop up again under another name to avoid paying claims. If it's by BRP, go for it, that's a good deal, especially if you tend to keep vehicles for a long time, as I do. See if you can whittle the price down, it's worth a try as there's a heap of commission in that.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I think it is a 3rd party. They told me I could buy the BRP warranty anytime before my 2 year warranty expires. I think I will hold off and buy the BRP extended warranty later. Thank you for the info.

Spyder Garage

Yeah it’s probably a third party avoid at all costs. Where you from in KC? I am in Independence. I assume you are working with Reno’s?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanielD View Post
    I think it is a 3rd party. They told me I could buy the BRP warranty anytime before my 2 year warranty expires. I think I will hold off and buy the BRP extended warranty later. Thank you for the info.
    I'm doing the same Dan. Gonna buy the BRP warranty just before my two years are up.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

No, I am not working with Reno’s! I test drove one there but they didn’t want to budge on price even though I am a return customer. I bought a Seadoo there a few years ago. They wanted to much for freight and setup. I am buying through iMotorsports in Chicago. It is going to take a few weeks to get it but with our weather here in Missouri I can wait.

Cornholio, I live in North Kansas City just south of Liberty.

Spyder Garage

I’ve bought about 5 bikes there and have always had good experiences. I bought the first one they got and expected no discount as they had that one and their demo at the time. No prep or freight fees just doc fee if I recall correctly. Got it on Jan 4th and have ridden it exactly 2 times. This weather has been brutal

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 6 year --WARRANTY

You say - warranty - are you sure it is a warranty ????….. This sounds like it is a " Service Contract " to me ….. and that is a whole nuther animal …… ie the BRP - Best WARRANTY is honored at every Can -Am dealer ….. if this is " service contract " … only the dealer who sold is bound by it ….. you may even find this written in the …small print ...... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Shop hard for that B.E.S.T. extended warranty. There are some reasonably priced dealers, like Bert's Mega Mall.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

The same thing was offered to me by imotorsports when I bought my 2017 RT-S. It is a third party warranty. I declined. Having had the B.E.S.T. warranty on my 2013 RT-L, I would never choose anything else.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty 1 or 2 years ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielD View Post
    ... They told me I could buy the BRP warranty anytime before my 2 year warranty expires. I think I will hold off and buy the BRP extended warranty later. Thank you for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I'm doing the same Dan. Gonna buy the BRP warranty just before my two years are up.
    I though the Rykers came with only a 1 year warranty... some of you mention a two year??

Is the 2nd year actually a 1-year BEST extension?

If that is the case then you will have to extend the BEST coverage before the end of your 1-year factory warranty.... better check that out.
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Would someone tell me about this B.E.S.T. warranty please? Can't say I heard of it before.
    Never mind....I looked it up.