Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thanks again Guys for your comments! I learn a lot from this forum, and refer to it often when I am having Spyder problems, so I appreciated the information you post because it may be helpful to me and others! We all love our Spyders and wish that no one had any problems to report, but then we might not have a site if all of them were perfect! So thanks for all the posts that get put on the site, it is helpful in selection of tires, oil, and many other areas! Without you guys, we would be lost for ideas! I will be contacting BRP for a follow up on my problems as some of you have suggested! i appreciate having a great Dealer to work with on my problem, thanks for being willing to share your thoughts!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    As one who is new to Spyders (i have less than 50 miles on mine) I have become very concerned about all the failures and other troubles with them I have been reading about here and seeing on YouTube.
    I just graduated from being on two wheels for 67 yeas with few to no problems on each bike. My last one was a 2010 Victory Cross Roads that gave me zero problems and easy to perform maintenance on. Those on the Victory forum had the same good experience with very few exceptions.
    If Polaris can do that with a similarly low volume vehicle, what's the big problem up there in Canada? Have they not heard of Quality Control?
    Yes, I too hope BRP is lurking here and is hard at work correcting their wrongs.

Im on my 3rd spyder no issues

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just checked Maryland's website and there is a statute called "lemon law" that covers cars, light trucks and motorcycles. You might want to check your state's Attorney General website to see if your state has a similar statute. Theere are, of course, some restrictions such as notifying the manufacturer/dealer of the problem, has to be less that 24 months old, 18,000 miles, etc.. It calls for a refund or replacement of the vehicle.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    The last I heard is that federal law states that is a vehicle has a 1.5% failure rate on a part that is considered a safety function, that generates a recall.
    I am not sure how well motorcycles fit into the failure rate and recall stats. I know that a large number of 2014 RT spyders had the DESS error, but no recall was done. But a lot of time a recall will not be issued unless it is a safety issue. Which in most cases means that something will fail when going down the road. If it is just an inconvenience, then they might do a service bulletin, but no recall. My 2006 ZX14 had a safety recall over some frame bolts. Now that was a safety issue.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you have had a failure of a control module, sprocket, DPS etc., filing a complaint with the NHTSA is another good way to get changes (recalls) to happen. I’d start with BRPCare first but if you don’t feel they are listening or responding then file a complaint
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP is not the only manufacturer who has problems. Inside second hand info as it is, informed me that BRP and other companies on occasion read sites like this one where owners express problems with particular products. However as stated previously, owners who don't experience issues generally don't comment. Therefore BRP doesn't necessarily place much stock in complaints expressed here on this site. I was told that BRP and other manufactures place more value on negative comments made on social media sites, because those comments have greater and farther reaching influence on potential customers. In short, beat the he!! out of a company on social media and they'll sit up and pay attention.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    My 2018 F3 Limited is on it's third control module on the left handle bar in 6 months or less.
    Farm Boy; what exact problems were you experiencing with the left control module which led to it being replaced twice?
    Thanks

PS: Never mind, got the answer from your post in another thread.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pallidus Aranea View Post
    As one who has suffered the troubles of a failed handle bar control assembly, I echo what has been stated above. Although BRP does troll this site, #1 call customer care - you stated that your trike is under warranty and that means the dealer is going to BRP for the warranty parts. BRP has some level of awareness, albeit maybe just an electronic paper trail for the parts. When calling Customer Care specifically ask about "the warranty for the newly installed control module. Does the warranty on that part run out when the manufactures warranty expires?"
    I asked these questions of BRP and my dealer - the response that I got from my dealer was that if this module fails within the next 24 months , we will replace it free of charge. That was not the BRP answer. It is my belief that when a part is replaced under warranty, that new part should have some guarantee with it.

With the current failure rate of the control modules across model years BRP and its associated manufacturing partners worldwide need to make better parts ... period. When the left control module died on my 2018 RT, its first noticeable problem was the ability to downshift manually - followed shortly by other glitches. The final post-mortem on the part put the failure down to poor manufacture waterproofing. Months later I was told that they had replaced multiple modules for the same reason - poor manufacturing standards / quality control.

Anyway - Call Customer Care - I have had decent experience with them.
    Hi!.

Could you give me details about the symptoms of the failures produced by M.S.L.?

I am having problems in my new f3 limited and they do not seem to find the cause and when I tell my dealer that, you in the U.S.A are having problems
    with these modules he says he does not know anything about it.

Specifically my bike enters into fault mode and I can neither raise nor lower gears. Then it is normalized and is not registered as active error in the software.
    Thank you.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    Hi!.

Could you give me details about the symptoms of the failures produced by M.S.L.?

I am having problems in my new f3 limited and they do not seem to find the cause and when I tell my dealer that, you in the U.S.A are having problems
    with these modules he says he does not know anything about it.

Specifically my bike enters into fault mode and I can neither raise nor lower gears. Then it is normalized and is not registered as active error in the software.
    Thank you.
    Have you looked at the Gear Position Sensor fault threads? That was a common problem on some F3s from the factory where the sensor was contaminated and would lead to shifting issues / stuck in neutral etc. Sensor replacement fixed the problem. Just a quick thought but ignore if already investigated.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

When they were all strapped down in the rocket and the one says to the other one" to think that all the parts are made by the lowest bidder"
    2018 F3 , Full size brake pedal Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Ride more. Worry less.
    Exactly, that is what we do, the only issue was with the compressor and the dealer took care of that and also replaced the check valve etc.
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Have you looked at the Gear Position Sensor fault threads? That was a common problem on some F3s from the factory where the sensor was contaminated and would lead to shifting issues / stuck in neutral etc. Sensor replacement fixed the problem. Just a quick thought but ignore if already investigated.
    Thank you very much. I'll say to the dealer tomorrow.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I had a signature light go bad and the Dealer dicked me around until the warranty went out on it. They never conveyed my problem to BRP and when I tried the BRP care route I got back an e-mail that I should contact my dealer as to check the history... ha! They never reported it so there was no history as if I hadn't done that 10 times already. I repeat! Don't buy the pricey signature light, BRP has no warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I’d suggest you contact BRPCare via email.
    The only problem with mine was an oil leak. My maiden voyage was with a bunch of harley guys so I got an infection. Two visits with 10 day delays in getting a part for it for warranty. 1st time it was a seal the second time it was a bolt seal. Nothing since. I luv my F3T and have ZERO trouble with it beyond that mentioned.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    They never conveyed my problem to BRP and when I tried the BRP care route I got back an e-mail that I should contact my dealer as to check the history... ha! They never reported it so there was no history as if I hadn't done that 10 times already.
    In my case I know the dealer has opened the incidence. In fact they are changing modules and sensors that BRP send from Begium to my dealer but the "no comunication" with the final customer must be their official policy.