Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Firmware 20.8 is now availible

Dealer called me this afternoon and said the special USB cable came in, it connects BUDDS to the BRP connect cable. This enables BUDDS to communicate with the Dash. As you can see from the pics, I now have 20.8 firmware installed. I just got the upgrade 45 minutes ago so I do not know what has been upgraded. I will not be able to play with it for a few days. Just wanted to let yall know!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update. I will be interested to know what you find out. In particular if FM and AUX will BT to the helmet headset.

Now I will have to wait for my BUDS software supplier to get the update available. That way I can update it myself.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

If and when you get the Dash firmware upgrade, please list here what you find differently. I have not played with 13.2 all that much.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I think you will need the special USB cable. Dealer plugged in the usb cable and the normal BUDDS cable and it popped up. The Tech did say there was a notice stating the upgrade was available.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I got the USB cable with a full size "A" connector, on both ends, at a local clearance store the last time I updated to 13.2. To my surprise they had one and I also had a choice of 3 different lengths.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Well I wanted to let people know that the upgrade is real and can be gotten by a dealer, proof in the pics!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's great! I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow and if it stops raining I'll be taking it in to get it done.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks. Anxious to hear about updates, and fingers crossed about bluetooth implementation for FM and Aux! Please let us know when you have a chance.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I would love to know what has changed as well. It will be a while for me before I can get my spyder down to get updated... cant wait to hear

thanks

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Thanks for the update. I will be interested to know what you find out. In particular if FM and AUX will BT to the helmet headset.

Now I will have to wait for my BUDS software supplier to get the update available. That way I can update it myself.
    FM and MP3 (AUX) will be Bluetooth with the new Software, also the dash now tells you how many miles before empty of fuel.

This is not listed as a FREE SOFTWARE UPDATE, it is recommended with a service, your dealer may or may not charge you for this update.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

This is for 2018 and up with the digital cluster.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Cruzr Joe is Correct, display does show miles left for fuel. Just went out to the spyder, connected my helmet to the dash, switched from speakers to helmet and went to FM radio. it works though not great sounding. I switched over to music on brp connect and played songs from my iPhone. That connection sounds a lot better! Will find out this weekend how my girlfriends helmet interacts. Though she likes to be connected to her phone for calls, don't know how that will work out if she and I will still be able to talk to each other. We are using Sena 20s.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Now I can hear music through the helmet speakers from brp connect, I wish BRP would add other music apps.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Does google maps work with it now??
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Google Maps is not listed on BRP Connect, how do you get it onto the dash?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Google Maps is not listed on BRP Connect, how do you get it onto the dash?
    Click on the "Maps" icon and you get Google Maps. Not sure if you need to have a route already going or if you can put in a destination while on the dash.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I start BRP Connect on my phone, select Maps and get a tomtom disclaimer. I do not have tomtom app loaded on my phone. Still in maps on Connect I start a route. I hook up my iphone to the spyder and turn the key on, letting everything connect, I press the apps button on the back of the left handle and select Maps. A Map comes up with my current location,but with no route. Dash does not have much control,zoom in and out and and a icon to the left to track or not.ok what am I doingwrong?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ok dumb question, but how do I tell what version of the software is on out 18 RTL?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

On the right side of the dash, using the small joystick, go to settings, then select info. Look at the top of this post the first pic, where you see 20.8 you will have a number there, thats the version you have.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Ok dumb question, but how do I tell what version of the software is on out 18 RTL?
    Going by my fading memory because my Spyder is in storage. Choose the gear icon for settings. Then the question mark icon.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Yup, everything works with the new dash software. The miles left might have some learning to do because when I left the dealer it said 81 miles and when I got home after driving 12 miles it said 83. It does not appear to have made the boot time any faster as it still takes a bit for the dash to boot. Best of all it was free to me...
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

After reading a couple of articles , Google maps needs to contact BRP and find out what they need to do to make it compatible with BRP Connect. SO, open Google Maps on your phone, in the upper left corner touch the settings menu, select Help & Feedback, select Send Feedback, then select Send APP feedback. Then tell them to get with BRP, and find out how to get added to BRP Connect!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My “Platinum” dealer doesn’t have it and isn’t in any hurry to get it. They seem to want to wait for it to show up.

Those of you that have it, how did your dealer get it?

Thanks
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    Yup, everything works with the new dash software. The miles left might have some learning to do because when I left the dealer it said 81 miles and when I got home after driving 12 miles it said 83. It does not appear to have made the boot time any faster as it still takes a bit for the dash to boot. Best of all it was free to me...
    I’m guessing that it’s similar to my car and that it depends on calculations of either highway or surface streets. As gas millage varies depending on how fast you’re traveling.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    My “Platinum” dealer doesn’t have it and isn’t in any hurry to get it. They seem to want to wait for it to show up.

Those of you that have it, how did your dealer get it?

Thanks
    Not sure, tech hooked up his connections to BUDDS and instrument cluster popped up and said there was a valid update. Don't know if it helps but go back to top of this post and look at the 3rd pic.
    2018 White F3 Limited