Spyder Garage

Default Where can I put my Gate Pass - Bar Code Sticker? Around my neck?

I know this is a stretch, but I have to go through a set of entry gates every day and am trying to devise a way to attach a bar code sticker to the Spyder. I don't want to actually attach it to a painted surface as they're a really b**ch to get off. Thought about mounting it to a piece of clear plastic and mounting that to the bike somehow or just keeping it in my pocket or around my neck, which would work but is awkward with gloves on.

Has anyone on the forum done this? If so, your input would be appreciated
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I mount the IFTA stickers on my truck on a stainless steel plate. Just an idea.

Spyder Garage

I have not purchased this yet, but have been considering "Locking Permit Pay & Display Holders" for my parking receipts at the centralized pay stations in towns I visit. It may work for your needs. Something to consider.

Lin

http://www.loginparking.com/holders.html
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    I know this is a stretch, but I have to go through a set of entry gates every day and am trying to devise a way to attach a bar code sticker to the Spyder. I don't want to actually attach it to a painted surface as they're a really b**ch to get off. Thought about mounting it to a piece of clear plastic and mounting that to the bike somehow or just keeping it in my pocket or around my neck, which would work but is awkward with gloves on.

Has anyone on the forum done this? If so, your input would be appreciated
    I take it then there is a reader off to the side that reads the bar code as you pass through? Maybe stick it to a piece of plastic or metal that is attached to the windshield with automotive double sided trim mounting tape.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You need to "test" whatever solution you come up with.......or check with the owner......because some automatic systems like that are not 100% compatible with a "motorcycle".
    That is, the arm might come back down too soon and WHACK you in the head.

Spyder Garage

Here's one....apply the bar code to a magnetic pad and place some earth magnets on the backside of the panel and it can be removable ....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I take it then there is a reader off to the side that reads the bar code as you pass through?
    That is correct. Just off to the right before the entry gate is a barcode reader about 48" off the ground just as I'm coming to a stop. If you have a valid sticker the gates will open, otherwise no entry.

I've considered most of these suggestions but decided to just mount the sticker to a clear piece of plastic (see pic) which I can keep in the glove box on the instrument panel or in a pocket. Easy to reach and readily accessible. Went through the scanner a short while ago while holding it in my right hand visible to the scanner, and viola !, the gate opened. Thanks for your responses
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Here's a different solution. Consider having the bar code applied to a vinyl applique, similar to a "wrap" that protects the paint. Then, just place it where you need it. You will be able to peel it off when you need to.

Spyder Garage

Put it on your helmet!