Thread: Rally shocks

Spyder Garage

Default Rally shocks

My front Rally shocks are set at the 3 position and my back shock is set at 1/2 inch. I ride almost entirely paved roads. Any suggestions on settings?

Spyder Garage

We all have individual likes and dislikes. Play with the settings and find out which works best for YOU. You can't harm anything by experimenting.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I weigh 155 lbs and found the stock Rally settings to hard for my weight. I reduced the front shock to position 2, the rear shock to 1/4" gap and compression damping to 1. I have found the ride to be more compliant and it reduced front wheel hop. In my earlier experience on two wheel motorcycles I tried to adjust static sag to 25% of the available travel.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    I weigh 155 lbs and found the stock Rally settings to hard for my weight. I reduced the front shocks to position 2, the rear shock to 1/4" gap and compression damping to 1. I have found the ride to be more compliant and it reduced front wheel hop. In my earlier experience on two wheel motorcycles I tried to adjust static sag to 25% of the available travel.

Good call on reducing the front spring preload. The Rally's front shocks don't have enough rebound damping (non-adjustable), so the wheel hop can be a real nuisance. I'm reducing my front preload today to address that issue. However, I have noticed that adding the stiffer BRP sway bar has helped with reducing the issue of single-wheel hop considerably.

As for the rear preload, I will probably leave mine at the factory setting because the rider sag seems to be set well for my normal riding weight (~165 pounds with gear).

--
    QM