Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Painted Dashboards

I see that Pierre ( up in Canada ) is selling painted dashboards …...….. back in 2014 He did a Video of my RT , that had one painted matching White Pearl ………. I also did Deanna777 's dashboard in Cognac ( see one of her posts ) …. neither was done in factory paint but they are so close in color, I've never had anyone say it wasn't ( yet ) …. He says He first sandblasts the dash to make it smooth, totally un-necessary. I didn't do either of the ones I painted and they are GLASS smooth. Could just be a marketing thing to justify the price He's charging ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Interested in Pierre's matching oxford blue dashboard! Sounds like a neat farkle!
    Has anyone actually removed a 2018 RTL dashboard and if so does the dashboard just come off by removing the four screws around the dash with no hidden tabs or tricks?

Phone USB Cable.jpg

Just ordered mine from Pierre with new promo price in oxford blue.
    http://www.canamspyderaccessories.co...lor-2010-2019/
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Is there much to painting them then, priced one at dealer the other day and was surprised that the dash itself costs less than $40 bucks.
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Is there much to painting them then, priced one at dealer the other day and was surprised that the dash itself costs less than $40 bucks.
    #1. I bought rattle cans at my local Auto parts store ….. You will need one can of clear - for the top coat ( or not for the Cognac if you want it to be Matt finish. …. The White Pearl I did needed a Base color first , then the actual White Pearl - which is a translucent paint that has the metallic added. The Cognac paint ( which is for metal ) needed a Primer to protect the plastic from the Cognac ….. It is more of a time thing rather than Paint cost ….. Mike ……….PS if you paint YOUR dash you save the $40.00

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    #1. I bought rattle cans at my local Auto parts store ….. You will need one can of clear - for the top coat ( or not for the Cognac if you want it to be Matt finish. …. The White Pearl I did needed a Base color first , then the actual White Pearl - which is a translucent paint that has the metallic added. The Cognac ( which is for metal ) needed a Primer to protect the plastic from the Cognac ….. It is more of a time thing rather than Paint cost ….. Mike ……….PS if paint YOUR dash you save the $40.00
    Did as Mike says, Primer, Paint and then Clear. The color match is perfect and looks Great!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac