Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Dynojet Power Vision results

Does anyone have results as to how the Powervision maps are performing compared to some of the others that are being sent in. I see several post on people who have purchased the product but no results or wow factor.
    Trying to decide which way to go.
    2020 Ryker Rally , Black/High Viz

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Love to tell you but the weather in my area is still to cold and snowy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Love to tell you but the weather in my area is still to cold and snowy
    Do I need to ask for a specific cable for the F3 or are they shipping the correct one out now? I know there was some problems early on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WindTherapist View Post
    Do I need to ask for a specific cable for the F3 or are they shipping the correct one out now? I know there was some problems early on.
    Good question ..Not sure about the cable. Cable they sent was this number if you want to check. 76950960. Now mine was a 2014 RT. And you most likely will have to send in your ECU. But try the cable first and see what the tuner tells you

Spyder Garage

I've gotten my new cable but haven't tried it yet but the pin out looks to be correct .
    for my F3-S it seems to have 2 different tunes that I can choose from .
    looks like you can also make your own adjustments via software .

Spyder Garage

I talked with tech support yesterday. Here was there response to my question
    Will this work for a 2017 F3 Daytona SM6. On your website it says

Due to multiple stock calibrations from BRP, Dynojet may not currently have support for your model. In these cases we would require you to send in your ECM.
    DESCRIPTION SPECSPV TUNES

Unfortunately we don't know if we have the file or not until you have the PowerVision in hand and connect it to the vehicle. Once connected it will generate a file called PV_Info file that you can send to us and we can take a look.

I then then asked if it doesn't work can I return it?

Response: There is no doubt that if you send us the ECU that it will work. If you purchase the unit directly thru us, find out we don't have a file and DON"T want to send in your ECU we have no issues returning the unit.

Thanks for the inquiry

So looks like either way at some point its good just may need to send it to them if they do not have a stock file.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am curious if the newer model ecu can be read with the tuner. My will not read the ecu. I can write to it but not read.

Spyder Garage

Will let you know when I get it. I ordered one from there website but got an email saying its back ordered right now.
    They said it should be back in stock some time next week.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dont think it will read any brp ecu from the email I got

Spyder Garage

Write only--no read. That is how the Suzuki Hayabusa Mapping worked. One needs to load a file to the ECU & save that file also, thus you can read it in the saved file location. The Hayabusa also had a return to factory default which we did prior to loading in a new remap to the ECU.
    Darrell
    PS: You might be able to get a better process understanding by reading Smith's Hayabusa page http://www.boostbysmith.com/ecu.html
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

I am curious if the newer model ecu can be read with the tuner. My will not read the ecu. I can write to it but not read.
    No Read--Write only. Write the new map to a file location then Map the ecu. You can read the mapping on the saved file location.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    No Read--Write only. Write the new map to a file location then Map the ecu. You can read the mapping on the saved file location.
    Got mine read and they sent me my stock and updated tune. In fact my tune is the 3rd tune that is posted on there site. I know more will be posted soon.

Once I can ride I plan on logging and then send them the file and see if they will do more tweeking?

Spyder Garage

Got mine read and they sent me my stock and updated tune. In fact my tune is the 3rd tune that is posted on there site. I know more will be posted soon.

Once I can ride I plan on logging and then send them the file and see if they will do more tweeking?
    As the remapping increases the timing--I had to change to C-16 Fuel--it's 117 octane--I lost 2 engines on the Hayabusa--the 1st crossing the 132' timing traps at the end of the mile at 193 mph. The valve seat melted out of the aluminum head. Had it rebuilt & lost the 2nd engine at 196 mph going thru the 132' timing traps--same problem--melted the valve seat out of the head. I don't know my speed when I lost the cylinder--I was too scared to worry about it. Now I know why lots of the Formula 1 racers are "Mensa" intelligence. Processing the data--wind drift--pot holes-dips in the runway--the mind needs to process the data quickly--repetition on the same course helps but I wasn't a regular land speed racer thus now I ride a F3's--just installed stage 2 upgrade from Monster Fuel Injection in Canada--been too cold to test it :-(

The "Mensa" test : https://iq-score.org/?msclkid=19e673...f32f66426961cc see how well you do quicly :-) I have a headache:-(

Spyder Garage

As the remapping increases the timing--I had to change to C-16 Fuel--it's 117 octane--I lost 2 engines on the Hayabusa--the 1st crossing the 132' timing traps at the end of the mile at 193 mph. The valve seat melted out of the aluminum head. Had it rebuilt & lost the 2nd engine at 196 mph going thru the 132' timing traps--same problem--melted the valve seat out of the head. I don't know my speed when I lost the cylinder--I was too scared to worry about it. Now I know why lots of the Formula 1 racers are "Mensa" intelligence. Processing the data--wind drift--pot holes-dips in the runway--the mind needs to process the data quickly--repetition on the same course helps but I wasn't a regular land speed racer thus now I ride a F3's--just installed stage 2 upgrade from Monster Fuel Injection in Canada--been too cold to test it :-(
    I would have both liked and thanked this post but my reaction was more holy Crap!
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    I would have both liked and thanked this post but my reaction was more holy Crap!
    Me Too Holy Crap! But is some good info passed along!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    Me Too Holy Crap! But is some good info passed along!
    This is why ignition timing is the most risky tuning parameter! It must be done with the utmost care and consideration of the ECT's/IAT's/fuel octane when building a tune.... You MUST be absolutely sure the system you are tuning can reliably & effectively monitor & control your chosen parameters. Then intervene quickly & reliably if things go outside of the envelope... And even then there are those times that nothing is gonna save ya....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    This is why ignition timing is the most risky tuning parameter! It must be done with the utmost care and consideration of the ECT's/IAT's/fuel octane when building a tune.... You MUST be absolutely sure the system you are tuning can reliably & effectively monitor & control your chosen parameters. Then intervene quickly & reliably if things go outside of the envelope... And even then there are those times that nothing is gonna is gonna save ya....
    The above is Very True info. I lost the 2nd engine--melted valve seat in aluminum head using C-16 fuel.. Max timing on the bike was 35 degrees advanced. I found out later from the Pro racers that if I would have backed out a meager 3 degrees to 32 degrees advance--the valve seat meltdown would Not have happened. Just by lowering the max 35 degrees advance to max 32 degrees advance would have saved the engine. Exercise caution doing the self tuning--tuning on the dyno only last for 5 seconds
    WOT, WOT for a full mile is closer to 25 seconds--more time--more heat :-( Exercise caution when your wallet is involved :-(

Spyder Garage

The above is Very True info. I lost the 2nd engine--melted valve seat in aluminum head using C-16 fuel.. Max timing on the bike was 35 degrees advanced. I found out later from the Pro racers that if I would have backed out a meager 3 degrees to 32 degrees advance--the valve seat meltdown would Not have happened. Just by lowering the max 35 degrees advance to max 32 degrees advance would have saved the engine. Exercise caution doing the self tuning--tuning on the dyno only last for 5 seconds
    WOT, WOT for a full mile is closer to 25 seconds--more time--more heat :-( Exercise caution when your wallet is involved
    :-(
    Exactly, ya gotta think long term when doing engine mods.... Or be mentally & financially prepared for when **** happens.....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OK folks! Went out for a 10 minute or so ride with the PCX tune and all I can say is WOW!

I was really happy with the results for this tune so far. It pulls pretty hard thru the RPM ranges. It actually puckered me up a few times. .Not use to that kind of response for my Spyder.

Now keep in mind this was just driving around my neighborhood.

Cant wait for a nice long ride some time soon as the weather gets better and some fresh higher Octane gas.

Spyder Garage

I asked what can the Powe Vision CX tune do for a 2019 F3 LTD

Chris Kelly (Dynojet Research)

Mar 25, 11:37 AM PDT

The Dynojet Power Vision 3 for CanAm Spyder F3 currently has the capability to change engine air/fuel ratio, spark timing, throttle movement profiles, radiator fan engagement settings, idle speed settings, vehicle speed limits, and engine rev-limits.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes its true you can adjust all those things .

Download the free PCX software and a tune and see for yourself.

Cant wait for my next day I can get the Spyder out with the new tune..

Spyder Garage

The PCX software is pretty cool. I just got my ECU back from Dynojet. I had to send it in because it would not read the file. Dynojet was great to work with! They provided a call tag and over night shipping both ways. Got it back and am able to flash it with the stock file and the upgrade file. Will let you know when I get some time and warmer weather on the results.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am hoping this weekend for a good ride. The weather suppose to be great for riding. And test out the new tune more.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well weather finally was nice and took out the Spyder with the new Tune.

I find it much smoother and was in 5th gear running over 75 MPH . The Spyder gets stronger in the Higher RPM range. It ran perfect.

Now I cannot compared it to the Monster Tune, but for something the DIY person can do at home I was very happy.

Hope to get at least one more ride in this week before the wet cold weather returns this week.

Spyder Garage

We all have do to a measuring test drive in the 3rd gear. Start at 37 mph with flying start and measuring times from 50 to 75 mph. Compare the Times.

My times with MaptunerX on my F3 2017 third gear from 60 to 140 km / h (37 - 87 mph). Stock Retracted stage 1. Stage 2 (K & N, Straight Shot ESD) not yet retracted.

First measurement
    Default: 7:01 seconds
    Stage 1: 6:22 seconds
    Stage 2: 6:13 seconds

Second measurement (slightly uphill)
    Default: 7:07 seconds
    Stage 1: 7:04 seconds
    Stage 2: 6:20 seconds

80 - 120 km / h (50 to 75 mph) in seconds with a flying start

Default: 03:25
    Stage 2: 02:29