Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT Limited Questions

I've just joined the forum after reading lots here about the Spyders. My "story" is in my new members post, but suffice to say I can't ride a two-wheeler anymore (wouldn't feel safe and proficient enough anymore on only two wheels) and have been looking at "trikes" to get back into riding again. I'm almost 65 now, good health again, fully retired, and looking to get back on the road doing road trips again. Will be staying in hotels now exclusively though (Best Western loves me) because the camping thing would be to much work every day now. Plus, I've always had the philosophy that if I'm not willing to share my bedroom with bears, I probably shouldn't share theirs with them.

Anyhow, I digress...…

The Spyder is really appealing to me. I'm single and will be riding 1-up. I really can't see spending $40K-ish to "trike" a Gold Wing when I can get a 2018 RT Limited brand new for $20K - $22K right now. Those ARE the prices I'm seeing for them right now, and could purchase one locally for that where I live (dealer "Inventory Clearance Sale"). One of my questions is, even though I've read in the forum it is a "buyer's market" right now, WHY would a dealer be giving $9K off of brand new 2018's right out of the crate? Is there THAT much of a difference between them and the upcoming new 2019's? Is/was the 2018 "dashboard system BRP software interface my phone won't connect, etc" fiasco so bad that they need to give away the 2018's 'cos they couldn't sell them? Given the choices I'm seeing right now, I'd buy a brand new 2018 for the low $20's instead of paying $30K+ for a 2019 (or even buying a used pre-2018), even if the 2019 made my breakfast for me. What am I missing, or don't understand about the price differences?

Also, how much of a transition to riding a Spyder can I expect to encounter before being "safe" doing it? I'm aware of people hopping on a "trike" and driving off the side of the road in a curve because they instinctively counter-steer at first (among other things). Old habits can be hard to break. I just spent almost 3 years recovering from an accident that wasn't my fault. I don't want to spend another 3 years recovering from one that would be my own fault. According to the Can-Am website, Nevada does not have any locations for me to take the $99 "New Spyder Rider's" safety course so I wouldn't kill myself in the first week I'm on one. I know the MSF has separate "trike" courses, but would those courses apply to the wheel configuration of a Spyder? How long did it take YOU (generically) before you felt your "instinct responses" while riding a Spyder had changed enough from your 2-wheel instincts so you would react in the "proper" ways on a 3-wheeler?

The above are my two main concerns right now. Any insight from forum members would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Spyder Garage

I will comment on the training aspect of it.
    We took a trike course sponsored by BRP. I had risen motorcycles years ago, sweetie had never been on but one.
    Find the nearest course to you and spend a weekend there. You won't regret it one bit!
    And it will make you very comfortable riding your trike!
    As to the price cuts on the 18's, in my opinion, they are overpriced to begin with, it doesn't take much to reduce the price.
    You will love your trike sir!

Spyder Garage

Rick, i can't answer your first question, but I can the second. Your new Spyder will come with an Owner's Manual that includes a "do It yourself" learn to drive / familiarize with your Spyders riding style. I used a local park parking lot to help my wife go through all those practices and she felt much more comfortable. As for your past experiences affecting your riding habits, start slow and easy and you'll have it in no time. Lot's of truth that for some, it takes a couple hundred miles to unlearn 2 wheel habits for 3 wheel.
    Since my experience came from riding 2 wheel motocross, 2 wheel street, snowmobiles, Honda 3 wheel ATV's(Does that date me???), 4 wheel quad ATV's, the transition to my '13 Spyder was relatively short.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As to the first question BRP has realized that they had their entire line over priced to move the volume they want to so they dropped the price of all SPYDERS for 2019. The RTL is now only $26,999.00. In years past they were as much as $30,000.00. So in order to protect the dealer network that had leftover 2018s BRP has stepped up with a $5500.00 rebate on the 2018s. Our dealer kicked in another $4500.00 discount and we left with a 2018 RTL for $19,000.00! There is very little difference in the 18 and 19 models so I don’t think you can go wrong!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

The Spyder is my wife's bike. I only ride it on occasion. Getting used to it took me about 10 miles to get used to riding it. I rode a lot of snowmobile as a kid and these handle very similar to me. It took my wife about 500 miles to get used to it. She wasn't a snowmobile rider like me. I have also ridden a couple of GW trikes for a number of miles. I will ride the Spyder any day over a standard trike. It handle so much better in the curves.

We did add the Baja Ron sway bar. I highly recommend one if you plan to ride a little "spirited" through the twisties.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I rode the demo RTL, no problem at first move. I've read some good things about the f3L and T about riding position and spirited ride vs the RTL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a very large, active group of Spyder Ryders in Las Vegas. This includes one of this site's sponsors, Joe and Ann Meyer of Squared Away.

I suggest you join their Facebook group so you can hook up with them and answer your questions directly, perhaps even direct you to local training (I know Joe does this) and let you ride their bikes to find out which one suits you best. https://www.facebook.com/groups/158937057556314/

Their sponsoring dealer Proshops Motorsports is very supportive, knowledgeable and honest. BRP gives dealers a major discount to clear out old inventory, so that's probably what you are seeing now.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    As to the first question BRP has realized that they had their entire line over priced to move the volume they want to so they dropped the price of all SPYDERS for 2019. The RTL is now only $26,999.00. In years past they were as much as $30,000.00. So in order to protect the dealer network that had leftover 2018s BRP has stepped up with a $5500.00 rebate on the 2018s. Our dealer kicked in another $4500.00 discount and we left with a 2018 RTL for $19,000.00! There is very little difference in the 18 and 19 models so I don’t think you can go wrong!
    Which plays havoc with resale value, but oh well....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

A temporary sidebar:

Resale Value: The price reductions, rebates, and Ryker have all happened recently. All contribute to a drop in resale value. The people who want to trade off every year or every other year will be hurt for sure.

The secret now is to hang on to them for a while. We still have the 2011 and the 2014. Both with slightly over 30K miles. At this point, am thinking I have at least saved a bunch by hanging on to both.

Now: Back to the thread.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This the best advice in regards to actually driving any Spyder was...….. Just drive it like a CAR ….. you will be surprised - but that really works …..also read the Do's and Dont's Thread …...good luck &............….Mike

Spyder Garage

Rick - If the dealer is RideNow Rancho, they probably are offering good deals because they have so many 2018s in stock that they have to move. I bought my 2017 RT from them about this time in October 2017 and got a similar deal that seemed too good to be true. However, when they wrote up the actual deal they added $900 for freight, $900 for "set-up," and $500 for document prep. The deal wasn't nearly as sweet as I first thought and I expect they'll do the same to you. Of course this is technically negotiable but I found that they wouldn't budge on it. I simply decided the net deal was still pretty good, plus they gave me a really good deal on a trade-in, better than I could have imagined (and I think they miscalculated, because my old bike sat on their lot unsold for months). If it is RideNow, here's a tip - they have some young woman working with the Spyders and she really radiated an "I don't care" attitude. Annoyed me to the point I wouldn't deal with her. I called the manager and got an appointment with Gilbert Montoya, who was a million times more friendly, helpful and interested in making the sale. I recommend him. I also have enjoyed dealing with Jason in service. I find him friendly and helpful and haven't had any problems. I think some others have had issues with RideNow's service but I haven't.

There is a second dealer in Henderson at Pro Shop Motorsports on Lake Mead Parkway. The local Spyder group meets there although I don't have any information about the dealer. However, you might be able to comparison shop.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi, Rick. I know you with same username as the NT forum, I use same username too. I still have an NT, although on my second, as first NT had 201,111 before I retired it (Oct 2018) and bought another one with only 508 miles. I bought a used 2015 RT limited in March 2017 with only 224 miles on it. I know you are only solo riding. My wife feels more safe on three wheels.
    You probable won't want a Ryker, RT for great storage and possible pick up passenger, F3 for more sporty look and ride. RT or F3 will make a good east coast trip (like you did in 2014)
    Good to see your getting back into MC riding after that accident. If I can help anymore, post up, or send PM
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Rick - If the dealer is RideNow Rancho, they probably are offering good deals because they have so many 2018s in stock that they have to move. I bought my 2017 RT from them about this time in October 2017 and got a similar deal that seemed too good to be true. However, when they wrote up the actual deal they added $900 for freight, $900 for "set-up," and $500 for document prep. The deal wasn't nearly as sweet as I first thought and I expect they'll do the same to you. Of course this is technically negotiable but I found that they wouldn't budge on it. I simply decided the net deal was still pretty good, plus they gave me a really good deal on a trade-in, better than I could have imagined (and I think they miscalculated, because my old bike sat on their lot unsold for months). If it is RideNow, here's a tip - they have some young woman working with the Spyders and she really radiated an "I don't care" attitude. Annoyed me to the point I wouldn't deal with her. I called the manager and got an appointment with Gilbert Montoya, who was a million times more friendly, helpful and interested in making the sale. I recommend him. I also have enjoyed dealing with Jason in service. I find him friendly and helpful and haven't had any problems. I think some others have had issues with RideNow's service but I haven't.

There is a second dealer in Henderson at Pro Shop Motorsports on Lake Mead Parkway. The local Spyder group meets there although I don't have any information about the dealer. However, you might be able to comparison shop.

You nailed my situation right now. I had looked at the RideNow Rancho online sight and that's where I found the $20K - $22K prices. They are advertising "...$9000 off..." and I thought "...if it seems too good to be true....". After reading some of the other replies I did go to the Facebook Las Vegas Spyder Rider site UtahPete recommended. Looks like a group I'd get along with fine, so I went to the Pro Shop Motorsports site to check it out. Their 2018 RT Limiteds are $23,999 (why won't sellers quit insulting consumers and just say $24,000?), but with "no setup or doc fees". If RideNow plans on trying to bait-and-switch me with their lowball online listed price, they better think again. I'll walk. One of the reasons I looked at RideNow is because my friend who was in the accident with me 3 years ago was riding his GoldWing he had bought from them. He never had any issues with their service, etc, so I took a look there. But if they plan on just jerking me around with $2000+ of "additional fees", I'll be going somewhere else. I...Will...Not...Play...That...Game.

Thanks to all who replied so far. Lots of good info I appreciate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    Hi, Rick. I know you with same username as the NT forum, I use same username too. I still have an NT, although on my second, as first NT had 201,111 before I retired it (Oct 2018) and bought another one with only 508 miles. I bought a used 2015 RT limited in March 2017 with only 224 miles on it. I know you are only solo riding. My wife feels more safe on three wheels.
    You probable won't want a Ryker, RT for great storage and possible pick up passenger, F3 for more sporty look and ride. RT or F3 will make a good east coast trip (like you did in 2014)
    Good to see your getting back into MC riding after that accident. If I can help anymore, post up, or send PM
    I saw your username and wondered, "Could it be him?" Great to hear from you again. It's been iffy during the last 3 years since the accident. I had a couple ups-and-downs during the recovery after the neck surgery. There were times when just moving around without pain was difficult to do. About 6 months ago everything just started falling into place as far as feeling good enough to consider riding again. It was 18 months after the surgery then...exactly the amount of time my neurosurgeon said to expect my healing to take place due to the extent of the surgery. I've been "cautiously optimistic" since then, but after 6 months with no pain or serious issues (like I might be 1000+ miles from home and discovering I couldn't walk after waking up some mornings due to unforeseen pain) I decided it's time to get back in the saddle. But I think I'd be more comfortable on 3-wheels now. Things aren't all the same with me physically as when I was riding the NT.

I'm being the same "cautious" researching the Spyder as I was when I researched the NT before I bought it. Everyone on the NT forum was great in helping me decide on that ride, and I never regretted buying it. I get the impression that this forum will steer me the same way for a Spyder. If I get one, I'm still gonna put a Russell Day Long on it (the BEST thing I ever did for my NT), and I'll be wearing a new 'Stich while riding it. My old 'Stich is one of the reasons I'm probably still alive today (along with my helmet). Getting hit by a truck with a closing rate of 120 MPH almost head on, going "flying through the air" as one of the witnesses reported, and waking up laying in the middle of the road later with no road rash or broken bones because of the "armour" in the 'Stich makes me a believer. I came out a lot better than my friend in that regard. And yes...my new 'Stich will STILL be the Day Glo Yellow with black accent. I liked it!!!

And yeah, I want the RT, even though I'm only gonna be 1-up. I'll have room for a whole load of Duncan Donuts in the Frunk if I have a top box on the back.
    Last edited by FalconAF; 03-04-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Too Much Coffee

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Live to ride, ride to live.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAF View Post
    I've just joined the forum after reading lots here about the Spyders. My "story" is in my new members post, but suffice to say I can't ride a two-wheeler anymore (wouldn't feel safe and proficient enough anymore on only two wheels) and have been looking at "trikes" to get back into riding again. I'm almost 65 now, good health again, fully retired, and looking to get back on the road doing road trips again. Will be staying in hotels now exclusively though (Best Western loves me) because the camping thing would be to much work every day now. Plus, I've always had the philosophy that if I'm not willing to share my bedroom with bears, I probably shouldn't share theirs with them.

Anyhow, I digress...…

The Spyder is really appealing to me. I'm single and will be riding 1-up. I really can't see spending $40K-ish to "trike" a Gold Wing when I can get a 2018 RT Limited brand new for $20K - $22K right now. Those ARE the prices I'm seeing for them right now, and could purchase one locally for that where I live (dealer "Inventory Clearance Sale"). One of my questions is, even though I've read in the forum it is a "buyer's market" right now, WHY would a dealer be giving $9K off of brand new 2018's right out of the crate? Is there THAT much of a difference between them and the upcoming new 2019's? Is/was the 2018 "dashboard system BRP software interface my phone won't connect, etc" fiasco so bad that they need to give away the 2018's 'cos they couldn't sell them? Given the choices I'm seeing right now, I'd buy a brand new 2018 for the low $20's instead of paying $30K+ for a 2019 (or even buying a used pre-2018), even if the 2019 made my breakfast for me. What am I missing, or don't understand about the price differences?

Also, how much of a transition to riding a Spyder can I expect to encounter before being "safe" doing it? I'm aware of people hopping on a "trike" and driving off the side of the road in a curve because they instinctively counter-steer at first (among other things). Old habits can be hard to break. I just spent almost 3 years recovering from an accident that wasn't my fault. I don't want to spend another 3 years recovering from one that would be my own fault. According to the Can-Am website, Nevada does not have any locations for me to take the $99 "New Spyder Rider's" safety course so I wouldn't kill myself in the first week I'm on one. I know the MSF has separate "trike" courses, but would those courses apply to the wheel configuration of a Spyder? How long did it take YOU (generically) before you felt your "instinct responses" while riding a Spyder had changed enough from your 2-wheel instincts so you would react in the "proper" ways on a 3-wheeler?

The above are my two main concerns right now. Any insight from forum members would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
    Hi Rick

Paul here from just up the road from you in Central Utah. I was in the same situation as you. My wife and I were in a bad accident on our Yamaha Royal Star and as a result I can not ride 2 wheels any more but I was not ready to quit riding. I did a Goldwing trike for awhile but did not care for it, so I went to a Spyder. I have a 2012 RT. Like you I was also concerned about riding the different riding configuration and all the information being for the more standard. I was quite surprised to find the rider's do it yourself course in the owner's manual. I was fortunate to have a large parking lot across the street from me so I set up a practice course according to the manual. It worked and I felt very comfortable in a few days time. I have had my Spyder now since June 2015 and put 35,500 on it with no problems. Great machine.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Hi Rick

Paul here from just up the road from you in Central Utah. I was in the same situation as you. My wife and I were in a bad accident on our Yamaha Royal Star and as a result I can not ride 2 wheels any more but I was not ready to quit riding. I did a Goldwing trike for awhile but did not care for it, so I went to a Spyder. I have a 2012 RT. Like you I was also concerned about riding the different riding configuration and all the information being for the more standard. I was quite surprised to find the rider's do it yourself course in the owner's manual. I was fortunate to have a large parking lot across the street from me so I set up a practice course according to the manual. It worked and I felt very comfortable in a few days time. I have had my Spyder now since June 2015 and put 35,500 on it with no problems. Great machine.
    Thanks for the encouraging post. I wasn't aware of the do it yourself course in the owner's manual until DGoebel mentioned it in his reply. I took a look at it online and it's exactly the same kind of thing I did after I bought my NT in 2010 after taking the MSF rider's course (I hadn't ridden for over 15 years prior to that, so figured it would be a good idea to take the course again). When I picked up my NT a few days after the MSF course, I spent the next day wandering around a local empty parking lot practicing on it. Worked like a charm. I'm pretty sure doing the same thing with the guidance from the RT owner's manual course would work for me too. It looks like a well thought out series of practical processes for a new Spyder rider to use to get familiar with one.

Spyder Garage

You nailed my situation right now. I had looked at the RideNow Rancho online sight and that's where I found the $20K - $22K prices. They are advertising "...$9000 off..." and I thought "...if it seems too good to be true....". After reading some of the other replies I did go to the Facebook Las Vegas Spyder Rider site UtahPete recommended. Looks like a group I'd get along with fine, so I went to the Pro Shop Motorsports site to check it out. Their 2018 RT Limiteds are $23,999 (why won't sellers quit insulting consumers and just say $24,000?), but with "no setup or doc fees". If RideNow plans on trying to bait-and-switch me with their lowball online listed price, they better think again. I'll walk. One of the reasons I looked at RideNow is because my friend who was in the accident with me 3 years ago was riding his GoldWing he had bought from them. He never had any issues with their service, etc, so I took a look there. But if they plan on just jerking me around with $2000+ of "additional fees", I'll be going somewhere else. I...Will...Not...Play...That...Game.

Thanks to all who replied so far. Lots of good info I appreciate.
    If I add up the freight, setup and documentation BS that RideNow added to my purchase, it comes to $2284.63. If I add that to their current advertised price for the RT Limited Chrome, it comes to $24,006.63. However, if I add that to their price for the RT Limited Dark, it comes to only $22,512.63. While I agree with you about the bait and switch aspect, these prices are actually comparable to what Proshop is offering (intentional, no doubt). Proshop's internet site says "no setup or doc fees." Sounds good but not everything extra charged by RideNow were "setup and doc fees." Exactly $897.63 of the fees charged by RideNow were "freight" charges, which may or may not be the same as "setup and doc fees." You'll need to clarify with Proshop whether they are charging "freight" even if they aren't charging "setup and doc fees." The true situation is about as clear as mud. I've never met a dealer in my life that was truly straightforward and honest. Maybe Proshop is the exception but don't bet your life on it. So, with all due respect, if you want a Spyder, You ... Will ... Play ... That ... Game one way or another. LOL! But, the Spyder is so much fun!
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

LMAO! I'm paying cash. I'll be looking for an "extended service contract" which will provide additional income/profit for the dealer IF I purchase my Spyder from them (I quit doing my own oil changes years ago ). I will pay the dealer to install additional "farkles"/addons I buy for my Spyder, like the Baha Ron Sway Bar and Tri Axis Handlebars among other things. I'm lazy, but can afford it. My Spyder will be set up with the same intentions I set up my NT when I bought it...a long distance touring ride for 2 week and longer rides. It isn't going to be a commuter ride for me...I have a car for that. I've already priced the cost of a Russell Day Long for it. The one I put on my NT cost over $1K. Don't ask what the one I want for my Spyder costs. And I'll still pay the extra $80 for the same day ride in service like I did for my NT if Russell can do that for the seat I want.

I have negotiating power. I've played the game before. Some dealers have learned that the hard way when I did walk in the past (like the first one I went to when looking for my NT in 2010). I'm willing to go out of state to purchase if I can't find a local dealer who won't try to jerk me around. Then if I have to, I'll just find another local Spyder owner I can trust who may want to earn some extra cash doing my maintenance for me. I'm not against a dealer (or any business) making a fair profit for themselves. Just don't try to BS me while doing it. I wasn't able to go fully retired at 54-years old by throwing unnecessary money out the window.

Spyder Garage

Default Russell Day Long

I already bought one, about $1,510 with backrest

20171128_170801.jpg

20171128_170743.jpg
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I can't do a Russell with fabric on the seat. I ride with a 'Stich and when I bought my Russell for my NT they said the 'Stich material might be too abrasive for a fabric type cover and cause early wear and tear. So I got the full leather one instead (they guaranteed that one even wearing my 'Stich with it). It still looked almost brand new after 85K+ miles on my NT using my 'Stich before the accident destroyed it (the NT, not the Russell seat. I still have the seat in my garage).

I don't know if that has changed with the new 'Stiches and what they are made of. Will have to ask Russell. But we are in the same ballpark for the price of the seat I "built" while looking on their website.

BTW, great looking seat!

Spyder Garage

last year took spyder solo out west to Colorado, Yellowstone, Black Hills. 2 weeks and 7,600 miles, glad to say spyder performed flawlessly. got back home had 21,000 miles. SOME spyders have lemon problems. Still look at the F3 Limited, has bags on it. since your mostly riding solo, you might like the "more sporty" look

Spyder Garage

I can't do a Russell with fabric on the seat. I ride with a 'Stich and when I bought my Russell for my NT they said the 'Stich material might be too abrasive for a fabric type cover and cause early wear and tear. So I got the full leather one instead (they guaranteed that one even wearing my 'Stich with it). It still looked almost brand new after 85K+ miles on my NT using my 'Stich before the accident destroyed it (the NT, not the Russell seat. I still have the seat in my garage).
    that's the sunbrella??? pretty durable

Spyder Garage

I will join the parade of responses. the RT will stop as hard as you want it to. I think after about 1000 miles or so you will be more confident. The power steering takes a little getting used to, and will seem twitchy at first until you can just relax your grip. They are overpriced and certainly I wouldn't buy a current year version if the carry over is available, much like I did my 2017. Do the 19s have anything over the 18s? Not a decent horn I'm sure...sad. But some electronic gee gaw on the dash probably which frankly I can live without. You build experience and start to explore the performance potential of the Spyder. Just like your first 2 wheeler. Don't exceed your personal comfort zone, because the RT is capable of doing just that. Oh.. you will love the fly by wire throttle, the only bike I've ever owned that didn't put my right hand to sleep at some point. They are not a good investment, and that is no reason to buy one, but for ryding ?? Beautiful ! you will not regret the purchase.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    that's the sunbrella??? pretty durable
    Hmmm. I wasn't aware of the new sunbrella fabric option. I just avoided selecting anything "fabric looking" on their website when scoping out a price building one there. May have to ask Russell about using it with a 'Stich now. If they say it's fine, you probably just cost me more money. Darn it.

BTW...looking at your signature map below your posts...How in heck did you come all the way to Utah and Idaho from NC and NOT go the rest of the way to Nevada or the Ocean States so you could color them in on your map? That would be like buying a boat, sailing to the big island of Hawaii from California, then turning around before going the rest of the way to Oahu. Shame. Shame on you...…