Spyder Garage

Default Wheelchair rack for F3-S

Hi new here. Australian.
    Long story short I bought a F3-S, I'm a T4 paraplegic and wish to carry my ti lite chair with me.
    Is there a stock rack I can buy and ship?
    No one in Australia builds them. Few people here use the folding chair on side. I'm hoping I can use ti lite rigid.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers Richard

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bennylifeonwheels View Post
    Hi new here. Australian.
    Long story short I bought a F3-S, I'm a T4 paraplegic and wish to carry my ti lite chair with me.
    No one in Australia builds them. Few people here use the folding chair on side. I'm hoping I can use ti lite rigid.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers Richard
    I haven't had a reason to build one ………. But if I was in Australia you would have one in about week ……I've built some things for people with special needs etc. on this Forum ….…. building a sturdy ( & safe rack ) is not rocket science, anyone who has a decent welder and knows how to use it can Fab that up for you...…. you just need to find them ….. see my albums for I've created ……. best of luck ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm in Qld, Australia, use a folding TiLite on an F3T, drop me a line at
    Peter.bowring@gmail.com.au
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
    in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming

"WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Spyder Garage

Default F3-S Wheelchair rack

Hi new here. Australian.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers Richard
    I purchased a RackitOn wheelchair mount for my 2009 SE5 about 10 years ago but I don't think they are available anymore. I purchased the Lamonster Packrack and taillight/indicator kit to build my current wheelchair rack. The Packrack is beautifully made and arrived in less than a week. My wheelchair weighs about 25lbs so the rack can easily handle the weight. The rack is very sturdy and attaches to the passenger handrail frame mounts. I used some Koplin gun racks that can be removed when not using the wheelchair. You can see in the photos that the chair is angled to give optimal view of the taillight and indicator. The aftermarket LED kit lights things up quite well for additional safety. It took me about a day to build. Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default T4 para in New Zealand

Hi new here. Australian.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers Richard
    Hi Bennylifeonwheels. I am an Australian also, but I have lived in New Zealand for the past 10 years. Had an accident 5 years ago and am now also a T4 para. I have just bought an F3-S and am looking to have a frame made to carry my wheelchair. What did you end up going with for yours mate? The Can Am shop I went through for my Spyder are looking at one of their local engineers to make up a frame. So I'm keen to see what others in our situation have had made to carry their chair on their Spyders.

Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Sorry Paddy, Bennylifeonwheels hasn't been seen around the Forum since about 10 days after he put up the first post in this thread back in March 2019, so you might not get a response from him....

Buut, ptbperegrine is still around here in Oz; he has checked in today even, so if you send him a PM or maybe try the email address he supplied in post #3 above, he might be able to help?!

Aside from that, there are a couple of pretty good fabricators over your way, so you might be able to get help from one of them - you could ask for recommendations from Pistonblown, who's based in Christchurch, so he's probably your best bet on the South Island; or there's Colin over on the North Island, who's always been a very helpful bloke to know with lotsa local Spyder contacts.

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck, keep us posted.

Spyder Garage

You could also contact "shockwave"in germany, he has a rack on his spyder for a wheelchair, he's quite active here, and on Facebook, Youtube, maybe he can give some pointers.
    If I was in your neck of town, I would certainly provide a sturdy rack for you.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-08-2021 at 05:29 PM. Reason: if
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Hi new here. Australian.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers Richard

I am a right leg Amputee with a prosthetic leg. With poor balance, I can hold on and walk around to back of bike, but all these fabricated ideas seem too much. Sometimes a simpler solution is best.

For my 2008 GS SE5 I rigged a Tilt and Tote wheelchair carrier on back of the bike. Trading up this month for a 2020 RT LTD, I reset up the hitch connection. Took a hitch Kit from Amazon (there are ones from eBay, Lamonster CanAm, etc). The only difference seemed to be the cost: $140-$734 for the same design. Instead of the trailer ball, I had a pal weld on a 6" long, 1 1/4" sq bar to act as a Reece type receiver. There is a youtube video explaining how to operate the Tilt and Tote.

The only hassle I had was my first kit from Amazon, the tapped threads for the bolts were no good and I set it back. The replacement was fine. Seems all these kits are made in Taiwan and then relabeled by their sellers. Amazon offers free shipping and returns without hassle.

Used this set up for 14 years on cars and 13 years on my old GS SE5...very durable and securely hold the wheelchair. As the hitch kits are labeled as doable for ALL Spyders since 2008, it should fit an F3. Check the ad for the hitch you buy to ensure they cover your bike.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the Likes button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by obiwanbill; 02-27-2022 at 02:59 PM. Reason: expanding
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Default Wheels

This gentleman goes by "Wheels." He is on the GLFORM website. You can probably contact him through the site. I bet he can answer your questions.

https://www.theglforum.com/member/228-wheels/activities

Joe T.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the Likes button to see Attachments.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -