Thread: Rt versus ft

Spyder Garage

Default Rt versus ft

Why would I switch from a spyderRT L to a spyder F3 limited. I am considering a trade. My RT Limited is a 2016 with 12000 miles. I am not a long distance rider. I am 73 years old.

Spyder Garage

Only 2 reasons I did is F3 handles better. Quicker better cornering. And seating position. Way more comfortable on the F3L for me. My legs were cramped and would hurt on the RT. With the F3L I can put my legs all the way out forward or move them back a bit. I like lower seat to. So 3 reasons.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

good question, maybe you just want something new...
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

If you bought locally the dealer should be more than interested to let you take a long test ride on an F3 Ltd. I enjoyed a test ride of an F3 Ltd at Spyderfest but prefer my RT-S because I do long distance touring and want the extra storage space. IMO, unless you have some mobility restrictions because of your number of trips around the sun, age is not a factor in getting a new Spyder.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Last spring I purchased a used F3s for myself as it is a more comfortable riding position then our RT is for me. My wife than took over as the sole driver for the 2014 RT. Then in late fall I told her that I was going to get her a new Spyder, and for her to pick out the model. She chose the F3L over the RT. She also liked the seating and handling better. With two Spyders and a trailer storage is not an issue.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I had to switch from a RTL to a F3L in 2018 due to my hip getting out of joint! I had two RTL's in a row (2013 RTL and a 2016 RTL) and enjoyed both of them except my right hip would get out of joint while riding causing pain and making it hard to apply the brake with the right foot! I didn't need hip replacement, the cause was due to my feet being too far under my body! I traded and got the 2018 F3 Limited and my hip has not been out of joint since! Love the F3L except the new controls on the handlebars are causing problems, and it is in the Dealer's shop for repairs right now! The BRP connect doesn't work that good, so I just bought me a Garmin GPS and put it on my handlebar to solve that problem! If you could find a left over F3L (2017) that might be the way to go! Too many bugs in the controls and BRP Connect in the 2018 models. I am sure there are more people not having problems than are, wish I was one of those!