Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

My ‘17 F3L is my 3rd touring bike with rear trunk. All have been removable but have never taken any off even for a day ride. The side bags don’t hold much so the trunk becomes main storage on a trip. In fact my rain gear pretty much takes up one side. On daily rides nice to hold helmet, extra coat, etc.

While the automatic suspension is not required, it sure is nice. Have heard it can be mechanically problematic but so far no issues. BTW I am so glad I have older (pre 2018) instrument cluster. New ones seem have lots of issues.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

If I hadn't got a such a great deal on my Limited, I would have bought the T and put a shad box on it... the box isn't worth the difference. Besides the top, is flimsy when opened and the latch is a joke, that is going to be the first thing that breaks. Coming from an RT, the heated hand grips, the F3 are a joke, luke warm at best. Not that I am not trilled with my F3L.. I am... just not happy with the box lid, could have been better designed. Why not use the same heat grips that the RT has?
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    We bought a 2016 F3 so a trunk was not an option. A little metal work and an aftermarket trunk and it is great.

Put the key in and push a button and the trunk is a suitcase. What could be better.
    I also have 2016 F3L but I have brp adjustable passenger backrest that my wife loves. I also already own GIVI 55L trunk that I would love to mount. Did you make the rack the trunk is mounted to? What mounting points did you use? Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    If I hadn't got a such a great deal on my Limited, I would have bought the T and put a shad box on it... the box isn't worth the difference. Besides the top, is flimsy when opened and the latch is a joke, that is going to be the first thing that breaks. Coming from an RT, the heated hand grips, the F3 are a joke, luke warm at best. Not that I am not trilled with my F3L.. I am... just not happy with the box lid, could have been better designed. Why not use the same heat grips that the RT has?
    I put the brp luggage rack on top. Really stiffen the lid up so it closes better.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    I also have 2016 F3L but I have brp adjustable passenger backrest that my wife loves. I also already own GIVI 55L trunk that I would love to mount. Did you make rack that trunk is mounted to? What mounting points did you use? Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Bob
    You can use the MBL Innovations rack - I have it works perfect !
    https://mblinnovations.com/shop?olsP...3-luggage-rack
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    just not happy with the box lid, could have been better designed.
    This rack stiffened the lid, acts as a handle and is so good looking on my F3L it should have come from the factory with it. Lamonster has it.
    https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1dz5...848772.jpg?c=2
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    You can use the MBL Innovations rack - I have it works perfect !
    https://mblinnovations.com/shop?olsP...3-luggage-rack
    MBL rack does not work with BRP adjustable passenger backrest. I wish, that's a nice looking rack.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Besides the trunk, floorboards, heated grips. You get 2 more stereo speakers in the trunk which sounds better and automatic air ride system which I do not think the F3T has. The factory top case can be removed in 5-10 minutes. Very easy. You did not mention if you have a passenger on your trips. Syderpops makes a trunk extender to move the trunk back 4". Wife loves the room it gives.
    How difficult is it to remove the top case? Is that 5-10 minutes for someone who knows what they are doing or 5-10 minutes for someone who has to keep hiring professions to fix what she tried to do herself? Asking for a friend. <G>

Spyder Garage

Coffeenut. There is only 2 screws to remove inside the trunk under the mat. Then lift trunk up on its pivot. Then unplug USB plug and disconnect antenna and 1 nut for ground strap. Take trunk off by moving toward rear. Best to have a helper to lift off pivots. There is a tail cover you can by from brp. Its what's on the F3T. Its really not hard to remove.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Coffeenut. There is only 2 screws to remove inside the trunk under the mat. Then lift trunk up on its pivot. Then unplug USB plug and disconnect antenna and 1 nut for ground strap. Take trunk off by moving toward rear. Best to have a helper to lift off pivots. There is a tail cover you can by from brp. Its what's on the F3T. Its really not hard to remove.
    I have the tail cover in black from my 16' F3T that I removed when I put the rear cargo on. Pm me if anyone is interested in buying one.

Spyder Garage

I have a Limited and love the additional top case storage. Use it very ride. Not sure a full face helmet fits in the side cases. I was hesitating as well when I bought mine and what convinced me is the resale value of mods. If you build up your T to be an L, you won't recoup your money ans people who want an L buy an L not a modified T. Unless of course there is a cost advantage, in which case you are the one financing the cost advantage for the new buyer.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    I have a Limited and love the additional top case storage. Use it very ride. Not sure a full face helmet fits in the side cases. I was hesitating as well when I bought mine and what convinced me is the resale value of mods. If you build up your T to be an L, you won't recoup your money ans people who want an L buy an L not a modified T. Unless of course there is a cost advantage, in which case you are the one financing the cost advantage for the new buyer.
    Hey Lacat, are you going to tell us what you decided to buy?

You know I went black/chrome
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

2017 F3 limited I use the top case every time I ride wouldn't be without it
    2017 F3 Limited , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Dondje: Can I ask what brand/model top case that is that you used?
    2016 F3T , Red