Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Go with the F3-Limited for all the extras, heated grips, floor Boards, Box, auto air ride suspension, heavier rear shock, etc. etc.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

what brand of trunk is that? where did you get it and if you don't mind how much did it cost? Thanks!!!

Spyder Garage

I think I recognize the rack. MBL? who makes the top case? Thanks!!!

Spyder Garage

Here is a fact that probably no one cares about. My 2018 F3T turns 3500 RPM at 60 MPH. I rode an F3L and it turns 3100 RPM at 60 MPH. Smaller rear sprocket is visible on L model. Also, as most of you know, but since the the post asks the question, the L has a more sensitive nanny system, presumably because of more top weight due to the trunk and therefore more roll. Thanks, Steve

Spyder Garage

I just came off of a Victory that revs at 2200 @ 60 mph. That 1330 revs higher up the tach than I'm used to, but I learned that the engineers that designed that engine and selected the gear ratios know more than I do.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I’ve owned both 2018 F3 Limited and sold it 8 months later and purchased a 2018 F3-T.. Yes the extra space was great for carrying my helmet which I hardly ever wear being in Florida but I couldn’t stand how stiff it was compared to the 2017 F3-S I originally owned. So I bought the F3-T hoping it would still have a great ride which is does. It’s not as bulky feeling and I love it. I almost went back to an F3-S but wanted the radio... I know this might sound goofy but I like this radio better and it only has 4 speakers compared to 6 on the Limited. My wife also enjoys riding again, she didn’t like the Limited.

I’ve purchased 3 new Spyders in 2 years and I’ve learned 2 things. The re sale sucks and all 3 dealers which were different every time had HORRIBLE product knowledge and service. If you live in NE Florida Ride Now in Gainesville by far has the best service department. Eric is the manager and I pay extra to by pass 2 other dealers in Jacksonville who SUCK... Buying one of these is mostly about finding a legit service department. After 3 separate buying experiences I have a lot of history to choose from. Good luck...

Spyder Garage

I've only had my 2018 F3 Limited for about 1 month now and I love it! And most importantly, my wife loves it. We both like the hand warmers and the extra storage for all our stuff is fabulous. We go to the grocery store and pick up a few items and never have to worry about, "do we have enough room on the bike?" I'm 47 years young and I don't give a s**t what people think or say. Actually, I've had quite a few complements! I went with the intense red & chrome, wouldn't trade it for anything, well maybe an RT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2018 F3 Limited. Yes the acceleration is not as good as the T. But to put the trunk on the T it’s like $2500. And with the limited just get an ecu flash for about 400. Then the limited is even better than the T. And you save $2000. Plus more add one. Also the limited rear seat for the passenger is way more comfortable than the T. My wife was sore after riding on my F3S which has the same seat as the T.

When I ride around town or small rides I take the rear box off. Long trips with my wife I put it back on.

Removing the trunk literally takes me 5 mins.

-you remove the passenger seat
    -open the lid and remove two screws under the rubber mat
    -tilt the trunk up towards the front
    -unplug the 2 big plugs the fm radio antenna and the USB connectors for inside the box.
    -undo the safety strap (you will see it)
    -remove the rear box and then remove the mount and you’re done.

The limited does not come with the rear cowl faring that the T has. To order you need to order from a T. I was able to buy one from a guy on here for cheap that had a T and out a rear box on.

But get one thrown in with the deal when you buy.

Other than that you will love the L.

Wife loves heated grips in the rear (T does not have) comfort of the rear seat etc etc.

Look at my garage and you can see pics of my limited with and without the box.

Any questions ask.

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Another topic for this discussion. If you long distance travel 2-up and go with the F3-T, the price difference between an F3-T and F3-Limited will allow you to buy a trailer to pull. Sportier look around town and more luggage room for trips.

Spyder Garage

I would rather have a huge rear trunk on the bike rather than pull a trailer around all the time.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Looking at the F3 for my next Spyder and just wanted to say this thread was pretty educational. Thanks to everyone who posted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    Looking for opinions on which Spyder to purchase either the F3 T or the limited????I’m 57 years old and the limited looks grandpaish. but very practical as I do lots of highway trips and planning to go to Alaska maybe this summer how hard is it to remove the top case and would I want to?
    Firecat - what did you get or decide to get?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

We bought a 2016 F3 so a trunk was not an option. A little metal work and an aftermarket trunk and it is great.

Put the key in and push a button and the trunk is a suitcase. What could be better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 F6B
    2016 F3 Ltd
    2016 F3 LTD , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

FYI: rear sprocket on the LTD is smaller making the gearing taller. I have an F3T which turns 3500 RPM at 60 MPH whereas the LTD turns 3100 at the same speed. This is no doubt meaningless in real life. Also the nanny system is more invasive on the LTD apparently because of the added top weight and expected weight of contents in the trunk which translates to additional "roll". Probably meaningless too but just sayin.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dondje View Post
    I just like the look of the F3T without the top case better. However, I took a trip last fall and bought a rack and borrowed my daughter’s top case. I needed a secure place to store my 17” laptop. This case has a lockable quick release that with a push of a button, it comes off the rack and becomes a suit case. Really like that feature to take into hotel room. I am currently working on a quick release for the rack so that I can quickly get back to the clean F3T look. I had no desire for the F3L heated grips, small floor boards, or the air compressor driven auto rear shock. More things to go wrong and I wanted better after market floor boards.

Regards,

Don

Sure like the idea of that top case, but seems no way for the two up person back there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    Looking for opinions on which Spyder to purchase either the F3 T or the limited????I’m 57 years old and the limited looks grandpaish. but very practical as I do lots of highway trips and planning to go to Alaska maybe this summer how hard is it to remove the top case and would I want to?
    For what it's worth, I have an F3 Limited and love the top case. Huge compared to others I've had. I also have a BRP driver's backrest, love that too. Here's the catch: there is only 11" between the drivers backrest and the passenger backrest on the trunk, which is OK with me because I'm strictly a solo rider. Even removing the driver's backrest that would only add another 2" of space. Don't know about you but that just ain't enough unless you're both really small people. The only solution I can see is to install the SpyderPops top case extension/seat extender. Not cheap but would give another 5" of space. Just my 2 cents.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    We bought a 2016 F3 so a trunk was not an option. A little metal work and an aftermarket trunk and it is great.

Put the key in and push a button and the trunk is a suitcase. What could be better.
    Life is full of compromises. I bought the same top case for my daughter, but borrowed for my F3T. I like being able to quickly detach for suit case into hotel or to just remove when I want the sportier look. I just don’t like the base mount look. Better than the F3L top case to have suit case/quick release option though.

Regards,

Don
    dls-F3T-OC10012018.jpg
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Sure like the idea of that top case, but seems no way for the two up person back there.
    With the BRP passenger back rest removed. You can mount the top case as far back as needed to passenger more room.

Regards,

Don
    dje-F3-rack.jpg
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dondje View Post
    With the BRP passenger back rest removed. You can mount the top case as far back as needed to passenger more room.

Regards,

Don
    dje-F3-rack.jpg
    I have your same setup - we lost the antenna relocation bracket during the install though.
    Love my Spyders

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels

Spyder Garage

as you say. I rode a 17 LTD and compared to my 18 T. definite difference in RPM....at 60 mph 3500 for the T and 3100 for the LTD. Did they change it for 19?

Spyder Garage

sooooo...what brand is your top case?

Spyder Garage

what brand is the top case?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    I have an F3 Limited and use the trunk every ryde I take, would not be without it.
    same here + 1
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by k8sdad View Post
    sooooo...what brand is your top case?
    Assume you are talking about the Autoinbox case ...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...9S69yQUH&psc=1
    Love my Spyders

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels

Spyder Garage

For the money, just get the Limited. If you buy the T and then want to add a trunk case, it's cost prohibitive. Much less expensive than just getting the limited off the bat. I'm 40 and rode the RT-S for 3 months before trading it for a new F3L and don't regret it one bit. Much more room, more comfortable. Added the spyderpops trunk extender so even more room. Best purchase I've ever made, such a joy to ride.