Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What to buy???? F3T or F3Limited ????????

Looking for opinions on which Spyder to purchase either the F3 T or the limited????I’m 57 years old and the limited looks grandpaish. but very practical as I do lots of highway trips and planning to go to Alaska maybe this summer how hard is it to remove the top case and would I want to?
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

I have an F3 Limited and use the trunk every ryde I take, would not be without it.
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    Looking for opinions on which Spyder to purchase either the F3 T or the limited????I’m 57 years old and the limited looks grandpaish. but very practical as I do lots of highway trips and planning to go to Alaska maybe this summer how hard is it to remove the top case and would I want to?
    Personally speaking I tend to be Frugal and the Limited has gee-gaaws I don't need …. So the radio on the "T" version is what I like …. Also consider ALL the complaints on the 2018 models about the RADIO …. ( BRP fixed a non-problem and it made it a problem ) ….. I haven't heard from anyone that they fixed this in the 2019 models ….. So IMHO the 16-17 versions are the better choice …… Mike

Spyder Garage

My next Spyder is going to be the F3 Limited & I’m only 40. Storage is great when you are traveling long distance. You can get the Limited with everything already on it or spend thousands adding it like I did.
    8424BDCF-4C88-44FF-BF6A-CB4826563542.jpg
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

For us it was the limited due to the top box. If we had purchased the T and thenn added the top box it would have cost us more then the limited did. F3's are already short on storage so the top box makes sence.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

3F3445F1-9D9D-45EC-ADA5-702E54C825A7.jpgWe got a 2016 F3 Limited which came without the trunk. You can always add an aftermarket trunk and rack if you want and save some money over the BRP trunk, so F3T.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

Will all depend on your likes and your budget. Mechanically and ergonmically they are the same. Just the little things like storage colors etc. Remember you can add your own storage and other items as you like and at a price more suited to a tight budget....this one can't even be fixed with a test ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You heard from the youngsters, now here's a guy in his 80s chiming in. After 67 years on two wheels, Father Time sez, no more of that for you, so it's a Spyder for staying in the wind. Don't care for trikes or sidecars. I was seriously thinking about getting the RT, but my dealer had a new, left over '17 at a huge discount and besides, it does look a lot more zoomier! I like that the rider's floorboards are adjustable 5 positions fore and aft - the come from the factory in the middle (#3) position and had to go to #4 to be comfortable. As a first time Spyder rider, I am extremely pleased with my purchase. And good luck to you, Firecat.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I have F3 t carry luggage bag when riding alone, wife with me put bag on luggage BRP rack. Like the bag when at hotel undo strap and carry it in.also when riding alone use bag as backrest. Works for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    I just like the look of the F3T without the top case better. However, I took a trip last fall and bought a rack and borrowed my daughter’s top case. I needed a secure place to store my 17” laptop. This case has a lockable quick release that with a push of a button, it comes off the rack and becomes a suit case. Really like that feature to take into hotel room. I am currently working on a quick release for the rack so that I can quickly get back to the clean F3T look. I had no desire for the F3L heated grips, small floor boards, or the air compressor driven auto rear shock. More things to go wrong and I wanted better after market floor boards.

Regards,

Don

dls-F3T-OC10012018.jpgF3T Spyder 07202018 - F3RB.jpgdje-F3-rack.jpgF3T Spyder 07202018.jpg
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

You mentioned traveling to Alaska and it looks like you live in Canada. Living with a longer cold season the one thing I couldn't do without is heated grips which are included in the Limited F3 and Limited RT. If you opt for the F3-T, I'd ask your dealer how much more for them to install the heated grips (front or front/rear).

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I find a heated seat indefensible. Once you ride with one, you will never want a bike without heat i the seat. It warms you way better than even a heated jacket liner - I know. Nothing better than just flicking a switch and not having to stop and do a clothing adjustment. Well worth the $.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Besides the trunk, floorboards, heated grips. You get 2 more stereo speakers in the trunk which sounds better and automatic air ride system which I do not think the F3T has. The factory top case can be removed in 5-10 minutes. Very easy. You did not mention if you have a passenger on your trips. Syderpops makes a trunk extender to move the trunk back 4". Wife loves the room it gives.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

There is a performance advantage to the F3-T that no one as mentioned. The T has a larger rear sprocket (like the F3S) than the Limited.
    It will have noticeably better acceleration over the Limited. If performance is a priority, that is certainly something to consider.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    There is a performance advantage to the F3-T that no one as mentioned. The T has a larger rear sprocket (like the F3S) than the Limited.
    It will have noticeably better acceleration over the Limited. If performance is a priority, that is certainly something to consider.
    Sorry but they all now have the 79 tooth rear drives, to check this is correct all you have to do is go to this web site.

http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E...9-8f6f95afb016

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Besides the trunk, floorboards, heated grips. You get 2 more stereo speakers in the trunk which sounds better and automatic air ride system which I do not think the F3T has. The factory top case can be removed in 5-10 minutes. Very easy. You did not mention if you have a passenger on your trips. Syderpops makes a trunk extender to move the trunk back 4". Wife loves the room it gives.
    What he said!
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree with the sleek look without the rear cargo but the storage out weights the benefit of having that storage. For myself it holds 2 full face helmets if we are out and about and run into rain. My wife likes the additional speakers and definitely the back rest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Sorry but they all now have the 79 tooth rear drives, to check this is correct all you have to do is go to this web site.

http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E...9-8f6f95afb016
    Bummer, didn't realize they changed it for 2019. Well, for a performance advantage, buy a 2018 or older F3-T!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Another age-challenged (OK, old) rider here. I bought a leftover 2017 F3T. Just got done installing the factory trunk (ignore the faint screaming, that's just my wallet - and my back) and if I could have done so, I'd have bought an F3L for the trunk if nothing else. Luckily for me, I got the F3T at a bargain price, so adding the trunk brings me up to the non-leftover F3T price. With luck and a bit of searching, you may find a leftover that will make the additional price easier to swallow.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Bummer, didn't realize they changed it for 2019. Well, for a performance advantage, buy a 2018 or older F3-T!
    I went with a 2016 F3T and added the heated grips and audio. I definitely like the performance advantage of the larger sprocket. Now I know that I would definitely not want the smaller one on the newer models.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I went with a 2016 F3T and added the heated grips and audio. I definitely like the performance advantage of the larger sprocket. Now I know that I would definitely not want the smaller one on the newer models.
    Anyone that wants the larger sprocket can just buy one. I wouldn't want the higher rpms on the highway.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

get the f3 touring. 2018 or earlier.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Anyone that wants the larger sprocket can just buy one. I wouldn't want the higher rpms on the highway.
    The sprocket and belt are several hundreds of dollars. As for the higher rpm@speed. That was an initial concern of mine when I was doing pre-purchase research. From what I have read here and on FB, and later my experience, 70mph might actually get better mpg with the larger sprocket. With 4k rpm being a better sweet spot for mpg. I haven't ridden an F3 with the smaller sprocket, just an RT. I have ridden with others with RT and newer F3LTD and the F3T with the larger sprocket blows the doors off the smaller sprocket Spyders all the way to 8k rpm - especially (2) up. The larger sprocket also has a better punch when it comes to passing.

Regards,

Don
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I like how much I can carry with an aftermarket luggage rack on an F3-T (BRP luggage rack is small and slants). I used to really load it down (I just bought a Lees-ure Lite making it obsolete). You can buy convenient top loading drybags.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    My next Spyder is going to be the F3 Limited & I’m only 40. Storage is great when you are traveling long distance. You can get the Limited with everything already on it or spend thousands adding it like I did.
    8424BDCF-4C88-44FF-BF6A-CB4826563542.jpg
    IMO storage is great whether you are traveling long distance or across town. If you take your wife to the shopping mall on the Spyder even ONE time, you'll appreciate the storage. It's also useful to hold your air pump and tire repair kit, water, an extra coat, a lockable place for your wife's purse, etc. etc. Even if you never use the storage for anything more than storing your helmet while you eat, you'll appreciate having it. I have an RT and all four storage compartments are always FULL. In some ways I wish I had an F3 LTD because that trunk is so much more useful than the RT's trunk.
    2017 RTS , Blue