Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Extras arm with LaMonster belt tensionser roller

6A16DE95-6FB1-4684-8C2A-0AB0B7607A43.jpgIt is possible to add the lamonster belt tentionser pulley to the spyderextra arm, just need to have a custom bushing made.46688C9C-B81B-4324-AEF3-61FD89F9CB96.jpg
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Why would you want to? The Lamonster part is made for the BRP tentioner. The Spyder Extras already has a pretty good one.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Why would you want to? The Lamonster part is made for the BRP tentioner. The Spyder Extras already has a pretty good one.
    The idler pulley that comes with the spyder extra arm is crap. Cheap bearings & material, wore out in 1000 miles. The arm is longer & not plastic, so I decided to put it on that one vs the BRP arm.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    The idler pulley that comes with the spyder extra arm is crap. Cheap bearings & material, wore out in 1000 miles. The arm is longer & not plastic, so I decided to put it on that one vs the BRP arm.
    As long as you space it so it doesn't rub the arm and spins freely I think it will work.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    As long as you space it so it doesn't rub the arm and spins freely I think it will work.
    Working great so far, but only a few miles on it.

Spyder Garage

I just took a peek and my F3L's belt and there is no belt tensioner....is this normal?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I just took a peek and my F3L's belt and there is no belt tensioner....is this normal?
    They do not come standard. You have to buy one.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Not necessarily right, but it is normal.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. Glad I checked before ordering Lamonster's upgrade roller. Whew! Now I know that if I need one, I'll get a gooder aftermarket one.
    Just like with the sway bar, eh Ron?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. Glad I checked before ordering Lamonster's upgrade roller. Whew! Now I know that if I need one, I'll get a gooder aftermarket one.
    Just like with the sway bar, eh Ron?
    It isn't a good idea to cheap out on the drive belt tensioner. If you do, you're lucky if all it does is just fall apart. But it can take your belt with it, and that is not going to save you any money at all. So spend the money up front, get a good one like Lamont's and save yourself the grief. This is one item that is worth the extra money.

Think about it. I didn't do exact math. But every time your belt goes around once, that poor little belt tensioner wheel goes around something like 72 times! That thing is really zinging at 70 mph! If you want it to do the job for a long time, you need quality components. Cheap parts can be made to look pretty much the same as quality parts. But they just don't last.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-09-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I completely agree! Having been in the machine repair biz for over 40 years, I know the value of doing it right the first time. And with the right stuff.
    I know a lot about keeping two wheel MCs going, but Spyders are a different animal in so many ways. It's like I'm back in kindergarten learning scissors all over again.

Spyder Garage

The only problem i have has is with the spring. It kept breaking but both Docs and Spyder extras have re designed their springs and I have not had any more problems.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic