Spyder Garage

Default Need to reset limp mode brake failure after belt alignment

2018 F3 Limited...Aligning the belt today with rear wheel jacked and got the brake failure warning along with limp mode. Just wondering what the procedure might be to reset everything?

Spyder Garage

Just ride it carefully for a bit rwill. You've got that warning cos you had the ign on when you turned the rear wheel, so the sensors are reporting the front wheels stopped by the brakes but the back wheel still turning. Re-assemble anything & ride it down the road 10-100m or so & back again, with the wheels all turning at the same speed & the brakes slowing all wheels at the same rate, & it should clear the warning, code, & limp mode.

And next time, leave the ignition OFF all the time while you are playing with brakes & spinning individual wheels!

Do you really hafta ask me how I know this??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

thanks Peter. I was idling in first gear to align the belt. I was expecting a code and was hoping there was a method to reset without riding as I am in Ontario. Trailering to Florida in a couple days so trying to avoid any issue when I get there

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do the same thing when I align the belt on mine. Once you ride it a few feet, the code will clear. No worries.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Cool.. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Mine 2018 F3L did the same thing when i tried to make a belt adjustment, It completely locked down my parking brake, and there was no way to move the Spyder except to loosing parking brake and take the cable loose! Cruise was already messed up, so I trailered it to the dealer where it has been for the last two weeks, hope to get it back this week! I am thinking of buying a two wheeler to ride when the Spyder is in the shop! My Spyder is only 6 months old with 1800 miles on it, and this is the second time in the Dealer's shop for repairs. First time, the thumb shifter quit working and you couldn't put it in reverse or down shift it at all, this time for the cruise control! This is my third Spyder, first one was a 2013 RTL, second one a 2016 RTL, and now a 2018 F3L! Where is our quality for a Spyder costing this much! Quality control, I hope you are listening, you are going to lose customers like me!! Love my Spyder, but you can buy a nice car for what we pay for these things! The Dealerships have no parts and everything must come from Canada,
    taking a lot of time!!! The Spyder is number 10 on a list of 10 bikes for reliability! WE can do better than this!!!!

Spyder Garage

They already got your money 3 times FarmBoy. They, like me, are just laughing at you. (sorry to be so blunt, but that's how it is.)
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

I was adjusting/aligning the belt today on my 2019RT and turned the rear wheel with the key on and had the same problem as rwill2cruz. This forum and its members are very helpful. Thank you.
    2019 RTL , Blue