Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

James Thorne, who is in Houston, has Ryker alignment equipment and we (Squared Away) will be doing Ryker alignments at Spyders on the Bayou Rally
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2019 at 12:30 AM.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I just received my lock for the parking brake today.
    Purchased on eBay from a company I cannot name here. Cost was $24.99 including shipping. It is listed on eBay as BRP park brake lock.
    Now if it will warm up enough to be able to install (mid 20's to 30 is too cold to work outside) or ride.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

So, I dropped by the Tyler dealer yesterday to visit. I mentioned to the service rep that my Rally tended to "wander" but admitted that this was my first three-wheeled platform and I didn't know what was normal. The lead tech that does all the Spyder alignments came out and gave me the standard lecture about "three wheels, road surface, crown ...bla bla bla", but he was very willing to take it out and ride it for me. When he got back he said it was definitely out of alignment and they would fix it. He had to order the Ryker wheel adapters for the ROLO machine and will call me when I can come in for alignment. He did suggest I not do any high speed riding until they get it adjusted. He also complemented the power and comfort the Ryker has.

So far the folks at Broadway Powersports in Tyler have been very easy to get along with.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    ... the standard lecture about "three wheels, road surface, crown ...bla bla bla", but he was very willing to take it out and ride it for me...
    Yeah, I got the same song and dance from my dealer and from BRP. I've been riding/racing karts, cars, and street bikes for 34+ years and I know an alignment issue when I feel one. I raced 3-wheelers and quad-racers for years in my youth, and I've also ridden several other Spyders (RT's and F3's) that didn't behave this way. This might be my first reverse-trike for street use, but it's not my first rodeo.

Mine was considerably out of alignment and would drift hard-right during hands-off, steady-state, and coast-downs. The good news is that I had the laser alignment done by James Thorne (@jcthorne , Thornolis.com) yesterday morning, and it made a WORLD of difference in the twitchy, darty behavior of my Ryker. The cost was $150 and about an hour of time... DONE, take my money!

The darty/twitchy behavior on grooved pavement is still there, but I'm convinced that it's a function of the track width combined with the tire tread/pattern. Some tires are very susceptible to grooved pavement, and these crappy Kenda's undulate between the groves on Houston's concrete highways too easily. I'll burn through the rear tire on my Ryker soon enough, and I'll replace it with a Yoko or something else with a better tread pattern (and more grip). I'm not sure how to handle the front tires, but I'll figure that out eventually. I usually re-shoe all of my bikes soon after purchase anyway... it's just the limited options for the Ryker's size that makes it troublesome.

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

QM-Glad you were finally able to get the laser alignment done and that it helped alleviate the issues you were having.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith8695 View Post
    I just received my lock for the parking brake today.
    Purchased on eBay from a company I cannot name here. Cost was $24.99 including shipping. It is listed on eBay as BRP park brake lock.
    Now if it will warm up enough to be able to install (mid 20's to 30 is too cold to work outside) or ride.
    I purchased parking brake lock from the dealer, so apparently I'll need the bolts as well... hopefully they have those in stock already!

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

I've been considering a used Ryker (with all engineering specs and stuff) on CycleTrader. But a decent 2019 Can-Am Ryker 600 ACE starts with $8,499 - not sure now, as I'll have to sell my old 2006 Can-Am SPYDER...
    Last edited by TerryMulhern; 03-12-2019 at 03:59 AM. Reason: typos

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMulhern View Post
    I've been considering a used Ryker (with all engineering specs and stuff) on CycleTrader. But a decent 2019 Can-Am Ryker 600 ACE starts with $8,499 - not sure now, as I'll have to sell my old 2006 Can-Am SPYDER...
    Do you mean a new Ryker 600? The new ones start at $8500 MSRP I believe.
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

I am going to be keeping a watchful eye on this thread and others like it.
    The tail wagging is concerning to me.
    I have read that some people are ready to get off of their Rykers after only 50 miles due to the arm workout they claim to get from the steering input.
    Being as how I am looking at a Ryker to be another form of transportation,doing some 150-200 mile day rides, it seems there are many things to consider before jumping on one of these.
    I like the detailed input (with videos) on this post.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wannaryker View Post
    I am going to be keeping a watchful eye on this thread and others like it.
    The tail wagging is concerning to me.
    I have read that some people are ready to get off of their Rykers after only 50 miles due to the arm workout they claim to get from the steering input.
    Being as how I am looking at a Ryker to be another form of transportation,doing some 150-200 mile day rides, it seems there are many things to consider before jumping on one of these.
    I like the detailed input (with videos) on this post.
    If you purchase a Ryker, you just need to be prepared to have it laser aligned. BRP does not cover this. They consider the factory 'alignment' good enough. Much experience with the Spyders and now Rykers has shown the benefits of a proper laser alignment on these trikes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMulhern View Post
    Wow - 2006 Spyder …… Don't sell it or you should ask a fortune for it ….. It must have been a Pre - Pre production unit …. very very Rare …….Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    If you purchase a Ryker, you just need to be prepared to have it laser aligned. BRP does not cover this. They consider the factory 'alignment' good enough. Much experience with the Spyders and now Rykers has shown the benefits of a proper laser alignment on these trikes.
    Thanks JC.
    It was a red flag to me when I read Ryker riders only could last 50 miles.
    I hope that was just a few guys experience.
    Seems they may need the alignment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wannaryker View Post
    Thanks JC.
    It was a red flag to me when I read Ryker riders only could last 50 miles.
    I hope that was just a few guys experience.
    Seems they may need the alignment.
    (It was a red flag to me when I read Ryker riders only could last 50 miles) What are you talking about 50 miles.