Spyder Garage

Default Rolo Laser Alignment Tools for Ryker now available

Just a post to let you know that the Rolo Laser Alignment tools for the CanAm Ryker are now available and you can contact your local Rolo shop to get your Ryker laser aligned now.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Good to know and 's for letting all know....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Just a post to let you know that the Rolo Laser Alignment tools for the CanAm Ryker are now available and you can contact your local Rolo shop to get your Ryker laser aligned now.
    THANK YOU!!! I just called you and left a voicemail to schedule an appointment!

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Anyone want to toss out what a laser alignment costs? Bueller, Bueller?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Anyone want to toss out what a laser alignment costs? Bueller, Bueller?
    I have seen the cost vary between 125 and 200 depending on shop and part of the country.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

It will be very interesting to see how the Rykers check out alignment-wise when verified by knowledgeable Rolo technicians. Will BRP have made any progress off the assembly line?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Our set is on the way. From what I can tell, they will need an alignment, as well. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

bet they will from the response from BRP in that communication exchange in that other post. Nice that they align them at the factory but from the crating and shipping I have seen I can see why they should be re-done/checked after assembly.

You mean Rolo didn't ship you one right away.... you guys do more alignments than the planets....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

This I can tell you with certainty, the Rykers are much easier to align than a Spyder. Why? Well, when aligning a Spyder you first "true" the back wheel of the bike to the front. A Spyder's rear wheel can be moved for and aft, as well as angled left/right, which is how you align and tension the rear belt, as well as to straighten its push against the frame. The rear wheel on the Ryker is on a fixed position swingarm, so it is always true. As a result, you really are only "truing" the front of the bike. Much, much simpler

Spyder Garage

This is actually not true.

You do not 'true' the back wheel of the spyder to the front. The rear wheel angle is dictated by the position of the engine in its mount and thus belt runout. The rear wheel is adjusted to achieve perfect belt position. Normally the Spyders already have good belt alignment. If so, there is no adjustment of the rear wheel at all. Both Spyders and Ryker alignment is adjusted at the front wheels in reference to the thrust angle of the rear tire. IE its measured from the rear tire and adjusted at the front. The alignment procedure is the same and takes about the same length of time. Even the re-zero of the steering angle sensor is the same.

Belt alignment on a Spyder, if it is needed and seldom is, is not part of a laser alignment.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

We got ours and have a guy to bring his Ryker over. Procedure should be the same. Once we proof the process, we will bring the tools on our trips. Heading to Spyders on the Bayou next.
    Last edited by cptjam; 03-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We got ours and have a guy to ring his Ryker over. Procedure should be the same. Once we proof the process, we will bring the tools on our trips. Heading to Spyders on the Bayou next.
    Couple of tidbits to help, Tie rod ends are 14mm both rod and lock nut on the outboard end only. Strangely BRP did not put lock nuts on the inboard end of the tie rods. I think that was a mistake. Rear rim width is 7" same as a Spyder. Lastly, the Ryker is lighter up front than a Spyder and also does not compress the springs as far when the rider weight is added. I measured approx 1/4" less total toe in on the targets with a 170# rider vs unloaded. I started with settings similar to what I use for a RS or base F3, IE lower end of the weight scale. Oh, and the adaptors are a VERY tight fit. If the Ryker hubs have any rust in them you will need to clean up the inside of the hub before you can mount the lasers.

Look forward to any feedback you can gain from your Ryker alignments.

See you in Houma!

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame