Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    that you have on your phone, and listen too while riding/driving. Are they thru purchase or a site on the internet?
    You've already gotten a lot of answers, I just wanted to bring up a source of the source for me -- like many responders, I listen to my own library, now 8430 songs and still growing. Unlike some of the others, I endure iTunes, simply because it's too easy to work with and manage, but am considering going with the USB in the trunk route because I agree that it's a really klunky user interface.

But back to the reason for chiming in -- your public library could be a great source of tunes for you. No, not checking out CDs and ripping them as your own, which is just another form of theft and no amount of justification changes that, even though I certainly agree that if anyone deserves losing their shirts it's the scoundrel "impresarios" running the machine. However, many libraries offer a service called Freegal Music that allows library card holders to download up to 5 songs per week for free. I live in an area with multiple public library systems that use the service, so I've been able to download 15 songs a week for years now. Think of it as a Record of the Week club.

The only catch is that it doesn't cover everything under the sun -- the Freegal Music library is limited to Sony Music (and affiliated labels), so some of your favorites won't be available, or only those albums they released on an available label will be. So Kansas is there (yay!) but not Styx; Journey but not Foreigner, etc. I've been on an excursion through Miles Davis' catalogue over the last couple of months, for example, but at any rate the scope of artists is pretty large, especially for those of us of a certain age.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

bhern,

Thanks. I never gave the library a second thought. I'll have to check it out.