Thread: Comfort seat.

Spyder Garage

Default Comfort seat.

Just purchased it. Should be here Friday. Hope it was worth the $300 .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For some it is some not everyone butts are different. Good luck

Spyder Garage

Default So true

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

I am sure you will find it to be different and usually the positioning is much better but the comfort is a shot in the dark unless you found one to try out. I have the comfort seat on my RS and it is great and hope it works out for you too....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Jasons900Ryker: You are going to be one of the "beta testers" on that one. My experience on comfort seats with the RT's has been good. Have purchased three altogether. Much improvement over the OEM "mush" seats.

Hope that carries forward to the Ryker. Upside: Half the price of the ones for Spyders.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Every OEM seat I ever sat on was like this
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I have the Comfort seat it let’s you sit further back it feels wider it does feel more comfortable to me how ever I have not put any miles on it yet because it is too dam could here 5EE9FE41-297B-4291-AF3A-0179AA027B04.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winnex3 View Post
    I have the Comfort seat it let’s you sit further back it feels wider it does feel more comfortable to me how ever I have not put any miles on it yet because it is too dam could here 5EE9FE41-297B-4291-AF3A-0179AA027B04.jpg
    I also have the comfort seat. Seems very comfortable to me, but have only managed 35 miles in the cold.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

How is the new seat?

Spyder Garage

Hi Jasons900 I live in uk and have comfort rider / pillion seat . Very nice and stylish . Waited a few months for my 900 but up to now well worth it . I think Brp should had put lockable glove box , but no , so it's a risk to leave items in it
    Some members in the States don't have the dipped lights on side which we have ,but we have rear Flashers which stick out
    Quite a lot not as neat as USA models My last Can am was Spyder RS 10yrs old so we went for Ryker . I've bought BRP
    Wheel socket, pricey but needed also tyre sealant in all 3 wheels ( peace of mind ) Best regards to all Can Am riders
    Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
    I think Brp should had put lockable glove box , but no , so it's a risk to leave items in it
    I'm thinking of installing something like this Tubular Cam Lock to help make the glove box a bit more secure.

Update - I decided against it. I didn't see anywhere in glovebox where the arm could swing in order to latch on.

Spyder Garage

First real ride on the Comfort seat and its a lot better then the stock one. Only went 25 miles but it feels a lot better! The instructions on how to install it for BRP is so wrong. Just grab the back of the stock seat and yank up hard. It pops right off and the new one snaps into place. The Instructions from BRP show the body being raise off the frame ,totally not necessary at all.

Spyder Garage

The instructions are right if the dealership wants to sell the installation.

Still trying to justify the spend. Sure looks nice but I'm finding the stock seat plenty comfortable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons900Ryker View Post
    First real ride on the Comfort seat and its a lot better then the stock one. Only went 25 miles but it feels a lot better! The instructions on how to install it for BRP is so wrong. Just grab the back of the stock seat and yank up hard. It pops right off and the new one snaps into place. The Instructions from BRP show the body being raise off the frame ,totally not necessary at all.