Thread: DESS Error

Spyder Garage

Default DESS Error

Hi all,
    Anyone else have issues with a DESS Error code? I ended up having to have the DESS Modular replaced. I have the 2014 RT Limited. Previously had to have the ignition switch/tumbler replaced two years ago.
    Thanks,
    LowSide (Rhonda)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do a search Deanna777...You'll find hundreds of us...larryd

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LowSide View Post
    Hi all,
    Anyone else have issues with a DESS Error code? I ended up having to have the DESS Modular replaced. I have the 2014 RT Limited. Previously had to have the ignition switch/tumbler replaced two years ago.
    Thanks,
    LowSide (Rhonda)
    " Anyone else " ….. at least a couple hundred …………. Do a search " DESS " ……………. I think there are about 800 responses on the main thread started by Deanna777 ……………...good luck ….. Mike …………………. PS, after mine failed I moved it from behind the frunk ( it's screwed onto the firewall above the Battery ) ……. mine is now bolted under the right side headlight , I can access it immed. and change it in about 5-10 minutes … 25,000 miles and still OK …… It seems in 2014 when some IDIOT engineer @ BRP decided the orig. DESS module needed fixing ( the old one was just about bullet-proof )….. the New and better one started failing ( which can leave you stranded )… they modified the " NEW " a few times trying to get it to work ….. It took until 2018 to get it fixed ( maybe they just started making the OLD ones again ) ...… This is similar to the KENDA tire fiasco, the orig wasn't great, so they changed the tire formula …. ....then they started wearing out even sooner ....So they switched back to the OLD formula ….. Just some History for a newbie ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

2015 RTL and the DESS module was replaced under warranty in January with 18k on the bike
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White